V
A
L
H
A
L
L
A

All at once there was life in the forest. While I stared absentmindedly at the orbiting rock as it slowly crept above our heads, I could suddenly feel the presence of another being. One round ear twitched accordingly, but I couldn't find it in myself to turn and face whatever had found me in the gloom of the setting yellow orb. It smelled of soil and fresh air with a lingering feminine aura, something so comforting, yet still so unfamiliar to me. And even though curiosity did not move me to look back at the creature (I had been taught better than that) her voice did; I thought I had caught something that I had understood, but I must have been mistaken, as she spilled an incoherent sentence into the cold air as if I should understand. She continued to press toward me, no more disturbed by the presence of a stranger than I had been. "I know you feeling." she finally said, shifting on her feet and folding down to the ground beside me.

Even though my brain argued with my heart, I wanted to welcome this woman to my side; I have never been one to deny a stranger's company, but the painful amount of grieving I had endured within the last week has worn a harsh groove in my soul. Drowsy eyes reached to the cream toned woman, searching for something beyond those beautiful eyes. My heart thudded heavily. The delicate, sweet appearance of this stranger was all I had ever wanted to be. Instead of mustering the energy for a response, I bobbed my head respectfully, the corners of my lips twitching upward for a moment. It was just now that I realized there was a similar glowing light cast over the pearl woman's coat, but it did not belong to me. "Hello, are you alright?” His body hidden below full wings, but he looked as if he had danced straight out of the black space above the trees, straight from the twinkling lights. "Manifestum est etiam quod non prorsus male oculi?" the stranger beside me answered. Maybe he would understand her tongues?

I sucked in a tight breath for a moment, ears both turning backward while I questioned myself. Am I alright? "No-" I began, shaking my head just softly enough to feel my neck muscles working. Why did these strangers care? Had I crossed over into a herd land by mistake? Milky eyes gazed up at the man with star dust on his body, finally noticing the falcon balancing on the hybrid's wing like it was his perch. I had only seen birds crafted from charred coal and fire in Urd, and they were all filthy scavengers. They would bite at each other over scraps left from fallen slaves. Their oily eyes and eerie screeches had haunted my dreams at a young age.

Two more women moved in, one after another, but these two looked nothing like my two newest acquaintances. This is such a strange world. One woman, soft white highlighted with a fantastic blue, bore only wings and bright eyes, while the other was an earthy color and was stripped of the extra appendages and protruding bones. She looked as if she had crawled from the rusty ball in the sky and painted with clay. ”Welcome to Helovia, miss. Is there anything I can do to be of assistance? If you have other needs, I’m sure the moon doctors back in my herd would be more than willing to attend to them.” the woman in blue offered. I shifted my vision around from face to face, but the reptilian creature with leather wings squawked, making my stomach twist uncomfortably. Now was not the time to question what the creature is, so I tightened my jaw and swallowed hard before I allowed my attention to move elsewhere. "I am an Earth Medic, previous Moon Doctor. If you require healing I am more than happy to offer aid. Though… I doubt that a broken heart can truly be healed by much - even with my magic."

Every one of them offered me so much more than just a welcoming smile, and all I could return was a tired, beaten grin. Helovia? Moon doctor? Earth Medic? I ran their names through my head, nodding at each one and waiting my turn - like I have been taught. Elsa, the blue painted woman, and her bird, Edgar. Resplendence, the clay woman, and her.. snake with legs and wings? What was it? Valiance? Now, it was my turn. "Thank you all, you're very generous." I began weakly, milky eyes reaching toward the man who looked like myself. "But you owe me nothing. I'm sorry if I intruded, I'm still not certain of where I am." I wanted to find my feet and leave my new acquaintances in peace, but I longed for their companionship.

My life in Urd was comfortable and rewarding.. only by pure luck. I had been plucked from my mother's side as soon as I was strong enough to work on my own, but before The Red rescued me, I was just simply another worker. We were near worthless under The Royals' eyes - ants crawling from the veins of their nest to collect for the Queen. But one day, she chose to take me under her wing. I would never be able to forget her coal black eyes as they settled on me; a glamorous red cloak draped over her lithe shoulders and flared out over her swollen pregnant belly. She was adorned in golden jewelry: hoops in her ears and nostrils, bracelets, a thick collar with ruby inlays. A gorgeous woman who I soon found to be very caring as well. She taught me to be the woman I am now.

I will forever cherish my relationship with The Red, as she gave me the two wonderful girls whom I cared for as if they were my own blood.

My jaw tightened again as I shook the cobwebs from my mind and focused once more on the pale blue accents on the Pegasus mare before me. She seemed so straight and no-nonsense.. a lot like The Red. "I'll be going." my voice cracked under stress and rushing emotions. Silently, I reached out to the woman who spoke a different language beside me, softly butting my dark lips on her nearest shoulder before I stood back up. It was a custom in Urd, a respectable touch between new friends. Surely they do the same here as well?

"Speech here."
Ooc: Sorry for the long wait, I had a crazy Christmas-y couple of weeks!

Messages In This Thread
Tell my ghosts. - by Valhalla - 12-18-2015, 03:38 PM
RE: Tell my ghosts. - by Mesec - 12-18-2015, 04:46 PM
RE: Tell my ghosts. - by Keidajen - 12-18-2015, 05:54 PM
RE: Tell my ghosts. - by Elsa - 12-18-2015, 05:57 PM
RE: Tell my ghosts. - by Resplendence - 12-18-2015, 10:57 PM
RE: Tell my ghosts. - by Valhalla - 01-03-2016, 02:40 AM
RE: Tell my ghosts. - by Mesec - 01-03-2016, 02:02 PM
RE: Tell my ghosts. - by Valhalla - 01-13-2016, 01:15 AM