the Rift

Tell my ghosts.

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
-

He didn’t understand the language the unicorn mare was speaking but her spite was plain. What did he do? Was it so wrong to ask whether someone was okay rather than just assume they were okay with physical contact, eager to be crowded around? He didn’t make a retort though, not interested in turning this into an argument - especially since he had no idea what she actually said. His ears flicked backward in annoyance only for a moment, his acknowledgement of her voice even as he nodded in response to her gesture, but the dark mare drew his attention with an answer to his question. No she wasn’t alright, the weight of the world in that single syllable.

Further stupid questions were stemmed by the arrival of two more mares.

They introduced themselves and their homes, offered further assistance, and finally more words came from the glowing mare, her voice sad and fragile, apologizing for intruding. That was, of course, not the case at all and Mesec further softened under such words. They had all, he was sure, approached her in the darkness out of concern for her.

He wasn’t sure if they had overwhelmed her or if she truly did not wish to intrude, not knowing where she had wandered into, and Mesec was surprised when it looked like the black and silver mare was preparing to leave them. And go where? She wasn’t alright, she had admitted as much, and he agreed with the Earth Medic’s diagnosis that the pain was more emotional than physical, few or no injuries that the healing magic could touch.  

Before she left, though, Mesec hoped that the group of them might be able to demonstrate that their concern over a stranger was genuine. “You’re not intruding at all. We can all offer you a home, if you wish, or somewhere safe to rest if you prefer. You’re at the threshold of a new land, with herds that you can join.” There was little security in the Threshold and while this was certainly a place of recruitment - the straightforward speech by Elsa emphasizing that point - Mesec wasn’t going to fight with these mares over the chance to recruit the shy, glowing creature. “My name’s Mesec, my home is the Dragon’s Throat - it’s an island to the south, warm at this time of year - and safe. The World’s Edge is a misty forest near the ocean and the Hidden Falls a secluded valley with waterfalls.” He nodded to Elsa and Resplendence in turn when he mentioned their homes, a soft encouraging smile on his features when he looked back to the black and silver mare. “Stranger or not, I think we’d all like to see you somewhere safe. Wherever you’d feel the most comfortable.”

Not the best recruitment strategy but he truly wasn’t interested in bringing someone back to the Throat that did not want to go. If she would rather go with Elsa, or Resplendence, or the grumpy mare that did not share her name, then Mesec wasn’t going to fight such a decision. The fact that she was a stranger hardly mattered, the concern he noted in the group was genuine. He looked to them now, representatives of the other herds, to see if they would have better luck convincing the mare she didn’t have to leave - and to ensure he hadn't made wild assumptions based on the few words they had already shared.

and that's me, that's me, the boy with the broken halo
that's me, that's me ________________ the devil won't let me be

artwork by the fabulous tamme

@Keidajen
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
Tell my ghosts. - by Valhalla - 12-18-2015, 03:38 PM
RE: Tell my ghosts. - by Mesec - 12-18-2015, 04:46 PM
RE: Tell my ghosts. - by Keidajen - 12-18-2015, 05:54 PM
RE: Tell my ghosts. - by Elsa - 12-18-2015, 05:57 PM
RE: Tell my ghosts. - by Resplendence - 12-18-2015, 10:57 PM