the Rift

CADAVER [Open]

Insanity Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Her breath caught in her throat, curling and uncurling as gusts of air erupted from her lungs. She seemed to be calm enough now to understand the poor stallion’s request and she could do nothing but feel a small hint of civility towards him. However, the term he had used in part to describe her struck her nerves all wrong. Forlorn, yes… but only nearly so. Her resolve had been shattered along with the burning ashes of what she had once called home. Avalon had been a great empire, offering refuge to those wounded souls such as herself. The dispute between the lights and darks had been the only known conflict of the land, that is until Insanity had met the infamous Jackal. She had almost been crowned queen of his damned revolution but as her namesake foretold, she took leave of the land when Jackal’s rein was finally rising. Her heart swelled with remembrance and the cold ache that had broken free of her throat came coursing back, filling her with the most terrible pain she had even been inflicted.

Once more, she felt the strange urge to free herself of such mortal inspirations to find her undead king. To be free of this aging flesh and rotten bones, to be unseeing once again by his side… It sounded almost surreal and while she daydreamed about her own singular desires, she almost got lost in the secretive world she had created for her own purpose. However, this kindly titan brought her back to earth, wrenching her soul from the skies and the happiness that awaited there, baring smoldering black eyes that called ceaselessly from the heavens. The darkened world of the living wrapped rough fingers around her throat, asphyxiating her dreams until there was nothing left but mere defeat. Her eyes found the stallion’s once more, swollen with pain, anger, and mild psychosis until she could remain silent no longer. His offer to shelter such a troubled wanderer touched her immensely and she felt grateful for his understanding. “I have no place that I call home… and I do indeed find myself in this wasteland in search of the word.

Nothing more seemed appropriate as she gathered her restless cries back into her empty stomach. This pale reminder of comfort only made her shift uncomfortably against the frozen breath of winter as she gazed into the quiet world around her. She longed to be more accepting of her guest, but she knew only time would heal such deep scars. His eyes were so open and daring that she envied his obvious naivety. He seemed so young in her own comparison because of the determination that she saw not only in the way he held himself, but also in the way he was able to hide his own hurting desires behind such wholesome eyes. It was this attribute about him that made the small dark mare accept such a forward gesture. He had no idea what she had been through before traveling to Helovia and he was so utterly trusting of her innocence. She sympathized with such a pure heart and wished she could soothe his pain but knew only that such actions would require the resolution of the agony in her own chest.

Since the past was the past and there was no looking back she decided upon a life filled with healing. This was a new beginning for a dying heart and she only knew to accept this meeting as such. She knew she didn’t have to understand this stallion or really interpret the meaning behind his words, she only knew that his mere acquaintance was necessary to bring her back to life. “I’m Insanity.”

Ooc; wahhh, I hope this was better my dear. (:

Messages In This Thread
CADAVER [Open] - by Insanity - 10-09-2012, 12:06 AM
RE: CADAVER [Open] - by Leander - 10-09-2012, 08:08 AM
RE: CADAVER [Open] - by Insanity - 10-10-2012, 12:01 AM
RE: CADAVER [Open] - by Insanity - 10-10-2012, 09:59 PM
RE: CADAVER [Open] - by Leander - 10-11-2012, 01:56 PM
RE: CADAVER [Open] - by Ricochet - 10-11-2012, 08:15 PM
RE: CADAVER [Open] - by Insanity - 10-12-2012, 02:21 PM
RE: CADAVER [Open] - by Leander - 10-12-2012, 09:40 PM
RE: CADAVER [Open] - by Ricochet - 10-13-2012, 10:36 PM
RE: CADAVER [Open] - by Insanity - 10-14-2012, 02:38 PM