the Rift

I am a leaf on the wind

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

It’s an interesting start to her new life. The mare Rei, though not new to this place, seems almost as lost a Lyanna. Almost, anyway, as she admits to finding her way home again. But of course, Lyanna can never find her way home. The longer she’s away, the more likely it is that she’d be killed on a sight if she ever tried to go back. No doubt the usurper’s influence would spread throughout Morham, and eventually, Lyanna would be nothing but a liability.

Here though, she could be whatever she wanted. This realization is finally beginning to settle on her. Here, the teal in her coat seems almost plain. Not necessarily all of her companions are colorful, but they are beautiful. Lyanna has always blended in with her family, certainly. She was mostly ignored, truthfully. But in Morham, the teal color screamed royalty everywhere she went. Even in the woods, horses bowed when she ran across others.

But not here. And it wasn’t sad or strange or terrible at all. She loved that she wasn’t a princess here. Loved that she was new, that she could pick her own life, that she could be anything and anyone. She didn’t have to learn about politics or smile when she didn’t mean it (though she could choose that life, if she decided it really was the one she wanted).

She could choose. What a brilliant, wonderful thought.

Her new companions explain where she is and where they are from, at least a bit. The places are just names to her though, and she is curious to know more. Besides, she’s not sure she knows just who she wants to be yet, and isn’t quite ready to choose. She turns her head again briefly, looking back in the direction she had come from, wondering how her sister is doing. She wants to go check, but knows she shouldn’t. Adelene was old enough to make her own choices.

She turns her head back, her turn in the conversation coming around again. “It’s a pleasure to meet you all.” She says, for once not because she has to, but because it actually is. They are all kind, and she is finally beginning to feel truly safe. At least, as safe as anyone can ever be. Life, Lyanna knows all too well, is terribly unstable.

“Would you mind telling me more about your homes? What are the others like? The landscape?” She can’t help it. There are so many questions rolling around in her head, though she stops there. It should be enough to decide. In the end, she was just going to have to plunge into this new life. But for the first time, she’s starting to feel excited about it.

Then she turns to Rei briefly, because it’s impossible not to notice the otter rolling about. “Who’s that?” she asks with a small smile. She’s not entirely unfamiliar with the concept of a companion, though she’s never actually seen one. She can only guess that the otter must be bonded to the mare, though she figures the question should be enough to learn a little more. There was going to be a lot to learn, it seems.

Best get started, right?

lyanna

image © harold.lloyd

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
I am a leaf on the wind - by Lyanna - 12-18-2015, 04:47 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind - by Nasreen - 12-18-2015, 05:50 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind - by Elsa - 12-18-2015, 06:12 PM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind - by Rei - 12-19-2015, 01:25 AM
RE: I am a leaf on the wind - by Lyanna - 12-21-2015, 10:35 AM