the Rift

[OPEN] Under Water, Under Wood

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds

The menacing smoke that unfurled from her slender lips snaked its way toward Romul and the wolf snarled. I knew that the gesture was done in good fun, but I gave the young mare a knowing look that was meant to ward her away from taunting my hyper-sensitive companion. He was nothing if not cruel and was quite comfortable with asserting his dominance over others if the need arose. I did have a say in how the wolf behaved, but for as long as I’d known him, I wasn’t often fond of restraining his natural desires. What Romul did was rarely a reflection of me; he was his own creature even if we shared an unshakeable bond. Like the feathers that shifted along the young girl’s sides, Romul’s hackles rose despite the silent, comforting words I used to calm his wounded pride. “Contain her…” he urged in the back of my mind. “Careful there, I’m the only one who can take a joke around here.

However, the hybrid didn’t seem to mind my advice (which was fine and dandy if she wanted to deal with the ramifications) and instead pressed onward, looking to fill the gaps in our lackluster conversation. I had to hand it to her though, she was certainly brave and that was something I was beginning to admire in her. She was obviously unperturbed by Romul’s threatening attitude and certainly not put-off by my own. Creatures like that were so often few and far between… Perhaps her acquaintance would benefit me one day- or was it friendship I was considering?

Ah, yes, we’re a bit out of practice in the art of making introductions. As you can see, my choice in company prevents me from getting out much-” I began with a softer tongue. I didn’t want to make an enemy of the girl, nor did I want to diminish any chance of figuring out why she’d decided to approach me in the first place. “-he’s just a bit overprotective at times.

With such a turn in my own demeanor, I decided that it was time to relax and send Romul to scout the pathway ahead. At least then, Auriel (as she later named herself) and I could walk and talk… I’d never been a fan of standing still for too long. For a moment the wolf contemplated my request, but with a slight grunt he turned on his heels and crouched into the underbrush (presumably watching me from afar) until I gestured for the girl to follow me. “So, Auriel-from-the-Edge, I’m Essetia. I now hail from the Throat where the water is warm and the sand is hot. I assume you know Elsa then?” I questioned yet again, prying information with reckless abandon. Perhaps she could tell me how the snowy mare was managing in her position as… general? If I wanted to gain intel, then now was the time to start… Maybe this Auriel would know what exactly had happened at her borders the other day….

Maybe she would know who had passed away.

Essetia & Romul
image credits

Table by Nicole (Niki)
@Auriel

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity

Messages In This Thread
Under Water, Under Wood - by Essetia - 12-18-2015, 11:12 PM
RE: Under Water, Under Wood - by Auriel - 12-19-2015, 01:13 PM
RE: Under Water, Under Wood - by Essetia - 12-19-2015, 09:26 PM
RE: Under Water, Under Wood - by Auriel - 12-20-2015, 02:41 PM