the Rift

[OPEN] Under Water, Under Wood

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds

The creatures in Helovia had advanced not only in pedigree, but in wit and courage as well. That was a fact that I was slowly coming to terms with after spending time with so many new and refreshing individuals. Auriel was no different, but in fact just the same. She was brave and unnerved by the wolf and his obvious need to assert dominance over her. It was a trait native to his species, which I was certain she would quickly realize if her behavior continued unchecked. Even as I watched her golden eyes grow wide and curious, I couldn’t refrain from laughing at the whole ordeal… smart child, this one.

As we pressed further into the woodland, I allowed the moonlight to guide our way toward destinations unknown. Whatever we found or wherever we went, we would always be within the safety of Helovia… Of course that safety was and is an impartial thing come about in the dreams of mere children. Whether or not fate decided our destiny could only go one way or another… that was something we’d never escape.

Any confusion or doubt borne of meeting one another was so insignificant in the grand scheme of things… Perhaps that’s why I’d decided to let bygones be bygones, for life was so very fleeting, so short. However, upon whispering Elsa’s name to the breeze or into the waiting ears of her apparent daughter, I was heartily surprised. It was that surprise that halted our little soiree, whereupon I turned my cloudy stare into that of premium gold. “Really now? I didn’t know…” I faltered on a breath. I shook my head quickly, causing long strands of blackened silk to waver against my neck and shoulder. It was then that I fell quiet, succumbing to new and interesting reels of thought.

Auriel too appeared wizened by our connection to Elsa and her curiosity had not gone unnoticed. “Elsa… is a good friend to me,” I began with some hesitancy. “I wanted to know if she was well.Or as well as any of could possibly be after leaving so many ties unattended.Does the Edge- does it suit her?” I questioned feebly. I abhorred any reminder of my father and the land of my birth, but they had taken from me something more than just land. They had taken trust only because they feared… fear was an ugly thing that caused rash behavior, I was familiar with the consequences, but Midas had died in the turmoil. He had given his life and now those how had once inhabited the Edge now thrived in the Gallant’s old skin… They played the martyr thanks to his old bones.

"Might you also know something of the death at your borders not so long ago?

Essetia & Romul
image credits

Table by Nicole (Niki)
@Auriel

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity

Messages In This Thread
Under Water, Under Wood - by Essetia - 12-18-2015, 11:12 PM
RE: Under Water, Under Wood - by Auriel - 12-19-2015, 01:13 PM
RE: Under Water, Under Wood - by Essetia - 12-19-2015, 09:26 PM
RE: Under Water, Under Wood - by Auriel - 12-20-2015, 02:41 PM