[OPEN] Thunder Drums [JOINING]

Riel Posts: 15
Absent Abyss atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2hh :: 5 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
LovellaTorendo

in the golden lightning of the sunken sun
o'er which clouds are bright'ning thou dost float and run
like an unbodied joy whose race is just begun

Night has fallen upon the island of the Dragon’s Throat but the golden bird-girl, as she so often does, has disdained sleep as a waste of time.  Instead she is out playing by her lonesome on the expanses of rocky sand beyond the incomplete wall.  It is maybe not the safest place to be in the height of the flood season but she has not been in this territory long enough to be conversant in peculiarities such as these.  To her eyes the reduced beach-front could easily be normal.  She splashes in the surf, she chases the waves in and out, she digs in the sand for especially shiny stones and interesting shells.  A small pile of these trinkets has amassed at her feet when she loses interest and meaders back to the water’s edge with a long suffering sigh.  

I have never understood how others can sleep half of their lives away.  I know I need sleep, but I only give in to that need when I can no longer force my eyes open.  Tonight is not a night when those traitorous eyes are demanding to be closed.  It is horribly lonely in the night time though because everyone else that I have met to date is asleep.  Yes, those in charge have set guards to watch the borders even in the darkness but they are no fun because they have an important job to do.  I suppose that is part of the reason for my not having been assign any such duty, I would be too easily distracted.

So, here I am standing all on my lonesome with my hooves buried in the wet sand and the waves lapping against my fetlocks, drowning in mind-numbing boredom.  Unable to come up with anything else to do just now I plunge my muzzle into the waters to catch a trailing piece of seaweed.  My head rises again, a length of green dangling messily from either side of my mouth, and I stand here chewing thoughtfully on the salty snack.  It is at this moment that I hear the subtle brush of feathers against the currents of the air and shadows pass through the moonlight.

Riel lifts her head looking up at the sky as three winged creatures drift over head, their shadows passing across the moon.  Her head tilts, back and back until she almost tips herself on her rear and only then does she move to follow racing up the beach and spreading her wings to leap and soar over a low spot in the wall.

I see none of the men and women of the night guard on my patch of beach and so I decide that it is up to me to welcome this arriving flock.  There are three, and their undersides are very male.  They are led by a red chested stallion and one of the two wingmen is dark as the night while the other is pale gray that appears silver in the light of the moon.  I am so pleased to see more feathered, flying equines that I do not consider for a moment that they might be a danger to me.  Nothing appears to be stealthy or out of place in their arrival and so I assume they must be returning residents.

Clearing the wall her wings fold again and her strides lengthen as she dashes across the open desert keeping pace beneath the shapes in the sky.  

“Hello!  Welcome home!”

Her voice is warm and excited as she calls up to them.

the pale purple even melts around thy flight
like a star of Heaven in the broad daylight
thou art unseen, but yet I hear thy shrill delight
(Image Credits | table by Chan | quote from "to a skylark" by Percy Bysshe Shelley)

@Rift 
@Kari 
(since it looks like Rift was bringing Kari back to DT around the same time...??? ;; post moved, because this makes more sense - let me know if I need to change anything.)

Helovia Hard Mode
(pixel by Chan | pixel base by BronzeHalo)
Actions: No killing | Tagging: Yes
Riel was designed, characterized and originally played by Chan

Messages In This Thread
Thunder Drums [JOINING] - by Draevo - 12-19-2015, 08:22 PM
RE: Thunder Drums [JOINING] - by Riel - 12-21-2015, 04:33 PM
RE: Thunder Drums [JOINING] - by Asavvi - 12-22-2015, 01:45 AM
RE: Thunder Drums [JOINING] - by Draevo - 12-22-2015, 11:37 AM
RE: Thunder Drums [JOINING] - by Laedere - 12-25-2015, 03:26 PM
RE: Thunder Drums [JOINING] - by Megaera - 01-04-2016, 10:22 PM
RE: Thunder Drums [JOINING] - by Draevo - 01-13-2016, 12:10 AM
RE: Thunder Drums [JOINING] - by Megaera - 01-20-2016, 12:11 AM