the Rift

Bright-eyed and Broken

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds
Essetia & Romul
And although I wasn't losing my mind, It was a chorus so sublime
Transitions: they were they very bones of life. If we were not settling from transition, we were planning to make one. Otherwise, boredom often outweighed our need for permanence.

From my point of view, he was water rushing along the riverbed… He possessed the rare quality to overcome and to transform even the landscape in his capable hands. It was something I saw in his eyes, a momentary lapse of fear and overcoming that was suddenly ablaze when his attention became mine, honest and unwavering.

Wolf,” he’d muttered almost conspicuously. The term was appreciably divergent from what Romul actually stood for, at least to me, but I refrained from the correction fearing I’d somehow offend. Instead I let his observations wash over me undisputed; for what did it matter how a stranger regarded the creature I’d chosen to hold to heart?

There was a slight lull then, between the moment in which he’d decided to address me and the moment in which I’d decided that I knew that voice, that face… He’d been bathed in the dull, wintry light of the cathedral then, his greyed coat a beautiful mixture of vibrant red and blue. Yet, I could not seem to drudge up the fine details behind the man, just images of a life that I’d tried mercilessly to forget.

When at last the answer to my question finally came, I shuffled forth into the silvery glow of the moonlit walk. At first I felt vulnerable and raw, as if presenting myself to him were an unimaginable feat, but it later dispersed against the curvature of my figure and the influence that defined it. I was not some petulant ingrate, but a woman of talent if I so deemed it. However, it didn’t account for my uneasiness or my sudden lack of poise.

Would it matter if I were?” I responded idly. I’d managed to shorten the distance between us, but there remained a healthy divide at our heart- one I’d not soon see closed. Somehow we’d engaged in this game of cat-and-mouse, an almost cathartic rhythm of push-and-pull that was both unsettling and familiar. On a whim I smiled, almost deceived by the boy’s certain sense of purpose. “If you’ve no destination in mind, then perhaps you could spare me some company for a time? It seems as though neither of us have anywhere we need to be.

ooc It seems as though I've mixed up timelines between this thread and another- hope nighttime works for you. I'll edit otherwise.
Image Credit

@Caneo

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity

Messages In This Thread
Bright-eyed and Broken - by Caneo - 12-20-2015, 02:27 AM
RE: Bright-eyed and Broken - by Essetia - 12-20-2015, 11:26 PM
RE: Bright-eyed and Broken - by Caneo - 12-21-2015, 12:56 AM
RE: Bright-eyed and Broken - by Essetia - 12-21-2015, 12:15 PM
RE: Bright-eyed and Broken - by Caneo - 12-21-2015, 11:46 PM
RE: Bright-eyed and Broken - by Essetia - 12-22-2015, 10:46 PM