the Rift

Bright-eyed and Broken

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds
Essetia & Romul
And although I wasn't losing my mind, It was a chorus so sublime
We were suddenly gridlocked, both struggling to put the pieces together where we thought they were meant to fall, but could not. If I’d been able to come close enough to observe the lines along his face (they’d aged) and perhaps study the blue of his eyes (they’d darkened), I might have been able to see the boy I once met in the Rotunda. But even he had changed like I had… we were now no longer carefree, though we dared to try.

The boy asked if he was not in fact the one I’d been looking for and I took a second to mull it over. He was jovial, even at a distance, and I nodded slowly while stepping forward once again until understanding stopped me in my tracks. “Maybe you are,” I replied lightly while dipping my head. However, I couldn’t shake free ideas of the past as I rolled my shoulders forward, still uncertain, still perplexed.

Romul whimpered at my heels, impatient and headstrong, and I motioned to send him away into the woodland to scout the nearby surroundings. A part of me wanted to go with him and avoid the rising apprehension that dulled my sense of awareness, but obligation and curiosity kept me in place. As I stared after my bonded long after he’d disappeared into the dying underbrush, I was startled from my musings by the boyish laughter of my newest companion. It was enough to tug a smile from my hardened lips and I wondered why I was so suddenly unsure. Many times before I’d spent my days recruiting and conversing with personalities of all types, but this time felt different…  Perhaps it was because there was a persistent feeling of remembrance that wasn’t quite… remembered.

But the world continued to turn without me and I was compelled to return to the formalities and the small talk and the wonder. For in fact, I was mystified by his cool demeanor and pleasant expression. He was worldly where I was determined and aged where I was reserved (at least for the time being). It did shock me however, how easily I was able to hold my tongue and my girlish attitude in his presence. He’d robbed me of my playful disposition while instantaneously inspiring me to dig up old memories that had been overshadowed after the invasion- after Midas’ death.

"But how can I keep you company from so far away?"

The question caught me off guard and I wasn't sure whether to scoff or to laugh. Yet, another small smile began to build and with the challenge raised, I answered in kind. “Now I wouldn’t say that,-” I started with a chuckle. Finally forced to face my insecurities, I leaned forward before ultimately approaching the boy with my ears and eyes tilted straight ahead. When I was close enough to actually see him and to remember, I nearly laughed again. My eyes lit up to mimic the moonlight that wafted across the walk and on a slight breath I finished with, “-dreamer.

Maybe I hadn’t been looking for him in the beginning, but it was well enough that I’d found him.

It’s good to see you again.” 

OOC Here
Image Credit

@Caneo

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity

Messages In This Thread
Bright-eyed and Broken - by Caneo - 12-20-2015, 02:27 AM
RE: Bright-eyed and Broken - by Essetia - 12-20-2015, 11:26 PM
RE: Bright-eyed and Broken - by Caneo - 12-21-2015, 12:56 AM
RE: Bright-eyed and Broken - by Essetia - 12-21-2015, 12:15 PM