the Rift

[PRIVATE] Grey Weather

Zèklè Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 8.0 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 14.1 :: Three HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
charks

"His name's whatever y'want it to be!" Zero exclaimed, expertly sidestepping responsibility for naming the black crab creature. Which, really, Mesec should have been grateful for. To date, the boy had named two things - his golem and himself - both with rather questionable results. Leave it to Zero, and Mesec may have had to shout his commands to Blackie, or Night Claw, or Death Stone Destroyer the Great Electric Beast!

So really, Mesec, best name it yourself.

It was hard for the lightning boy to feel uncomfortable for more that a moment's flash. Bashfulness, awkwardness, the space between them when he stepped away- they were all forgotten as the big bird preened, his silver-black feathers glittering in the sunlight. Zero stared in abject admiration at Lucius, jumping back with a quiet "Oh!" as the massive bird dropped down into the sand. Violet eyes met his own inquisitive sunbeam ones- Zero'd never seen a companion quite so impressive before, though he had to admit that Vorsa came pretty close. And Hubris, Hubris was cool. And Bird and Natraj, of course. And... well... ok, maybe all companions were pretty cool.

But Lucius was definitely one of the coolest.

Zero kept his eyes on the bird as he waited for Mesec's reply, frowning when the stallion agreed with him- because yeah, he knew he was right. Agreeing didn't help. Slate hooves pawed restlessly at the sand as the boy's frown deepened, the issue of his Ma's sadness almost too much for Zero's sunny disposition to handle. But then Mesec suggested cheering her up, and his frown began to change, to soften from sadness into curiosity- "Like what?" he demanded hopefully, letting his gaze turn back to Mesec's face. "Maybe a party? Though I dunno a lot'a people. An' that might be hard. Plus e'ryone has 'panions, an' seein' that might just make her upset."

Never let it be said that the boy did not know his Ma.

He carried on, considering further, but the more he talked the darker his face grew. "I wanted to make her a golem, but I can' make one good enough. An' I know she wants me to be stronger, but I dunno how to do that an' I've been trying... maybe if I could fly she'd be less worried..."

And the boy trailed off, voice suddenly choking, body closing in on itself as his wing instinctively wrapped around to cover the place where his shoulder lay metallic and bare. He spun his face away from Mesec, staring angrily at the sea, willing himself to pull it together because there was nothing he could do, because he was broken and wingless and he'd never be able to fly, so he'd better pull himself together right now and think of something else.

ooc;; Suddenly feelings o________o;;
tag;; @Mesec
Image Credits
- table by Niki -

@Mesec

Messages In This Thread
Grey Weather - by Mesec - 12-21-2015, 07:14 PM
RE: Grey Weather - by Zèklè - 12-22-2015, 04:52 PM
RE: Grey Weather - by Mesec - 12-23-2015, 09:56 PM
RE: Grey Weather - by Zèklè - 12-29-2015, 07:53 AM
RE: Grey Weather - by Mesec - 01-05-2016, 03:48 PM
RE: Grey Weather - by Zèklè - 01-21-2016, 08:53 PM