the Rift

[OPEN] The Girl Who Fights Bears

Enna Posts: 172
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 :: 5 ( TALLSUN ) HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Mehr :: Arctic Wolf :: None kels
something filled up my heart with nothing

“I apologize, I was…” your words fall short, unsure of whether the two women waiting on the outskirts of the valley would even hear you in the first place, your mind drifting back to the boy cretin that had found you lost in your reverie, your regret, your failure, absentmindedly scanning just some of the tools of your trade for something that may help. At first he had taken you by surprise, blue eyes, icy heart, the last thing that you had expected to see, the last thing that you remembered. That surprise had quickly given way to annoyance, annoyance to anger, the heat of which still courses feverishly through your blood, as he went on about suddenly coming to realize (too late, too late) just how blind he had been.

All through his revelation, all you had been able to think of was the hole in which you had carved in your heart where he had been, remembering only the morning you had taken him to his daughter’s tomb:I’m upset she couldn’t laugh for the first time, nor cry, love, lose, grow, do anything, but I don’t feel the attachment you do.’ Perhaps, if you had been born braver, crueler, the bastard would be short of a head for all the things that he has done. “Welcome to the Basin,” it is genuine, despite the touch of iciness that leaks in to the words, a small smile ghosting along your lips as you look to the ashen girl, trying, trying to summon the strength to forget, to push all of your turmoil aside so that she may feel welcome. As you grow nearer, your eyes glance at the shoulder of the relative stranger, examining it for the briefest of seconds before nodding slightly in approval.

“Your shoulder seems to have healed well.” The words bring a small swell of something like happiness to have helped her, and though it does little to quell the chaos that reigns inside, your face softens just the slightest bit, smile widening as you glance to Ki’irha. And yet, despite your best efforts, even as you come to a slow stop before the two mares, your teeth grind together, your body too tense, skin too tight, heart too hurt, to remember how to relax.

I AM THE MOST HORRIBLE HUMAN BEING EVER.
I AM SO SORRY FOR TAKING FOREVER, AND GIVING ONLY THIS CRAP.
._________________.

please tag enna in every post
violence permitted barring permanent injury / death

Messages In This Thread
The Girl Who Fights Bears - by Ki'irha - 12-21-2015, 10:16 PM
RE: The Girl Who Fights Bears - by Sartura - 12-26-2015, 10:41 AM
RE: The Girl Who Fights Bears - by Enna - 01-04-2016, 10:09 PM
RE: The Girl Who Fights Bears - by Tangere - 01-10-2016, 10:36 AM