the Rift

I'll bite you | Gull Challenge
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd
If Gaucho could have known the thoughts brandishing themselves like unwieldy knives in Gull's mind, he might have tried to set the grullo straight. Might have told him that he was an idiot for thinking that Gaucho's attacks were unprovoked - or at the very least - a surprise. Had he not noticed the fire glowing ever higher on Gaucho's wings? Had he not heard the growls of warning? His words advising that Gull leave Nephele alone? If not, was Gaucho's reputation alone, not warning enough? That he had descended out of the sky in a flurry of testosterone, muscles, and fire, declaring that Gull's failed stealth was a gross miscalculation on his part - and knowing what Gaucho did to those who tried to harm his family...Was that not evidence enough, of what Gull's continued treachery would get him?

Not to mention that it was Gull who was stupid enough to turn his wing-joint into Gaucho's attack.

But Gaucho knew none of these things, and so he proceeded in precisely the same way as he had before he attacked Gull, and before rage had declared itself the victorious emotion inside of the grullo.

Gaucho felt the give of Gull's bones beneath the weight of his attack, but thought little of it. His intent was not to destroy the boy's body, but to destroy any further plots against Gaucho's family. Still, after all of Gull's continued lustful aggression towards Nephele, he did not deserve Gaucho's restraint. Although the dun's teeth snapped on empty air, mentally Mara indicated that her fangs had graced the flesh of Gull's neck. Although she had released her toxin, she couldn't be sure whether or not it had found its way into his blood stream - if the grullo became disoriented or collapsed to his knees, they would know that it had. 

Not one to pull away once a fight had begun, Gaucho was not far behind Gull as the grullo began to pivot away. Given this proximity, even as Gull's weight shifted to his forehand and his hind legs rose, there was simply no where for Gaucho to move to avoid the attack. However given the height difference between the two and Gaucho's proximity, it was not his skull that Gull's hooves managed to find, but his neck.

Pain rippled like a freight train through Gaucho's entire system - emanating from the two dull points of burning pain on the underside of his neck, and spreading out with reckless abandon. Immediately his lungs tried to suck in air but found that the rapid swelling in his neck made this difficult. Stars began to form before the Wildfire's eyes as his body continued to instinctively try to breathe. And although Gaucho knew that he needed to calm himself in order to breathe deeply, his quickening pulse made the need for oxygen all the more dire, and so all the more difficult to achieve. His ears pinned against his skull as the feeling of overwhelming pain that now seemed to cover his chest and head like a blanket, began to meld with the blackness creeping in from the edges of his vision as his body was only able to gulp small mouthfuls of air. 

If the pain and lack of oxygen hadn't been so completely devastating and distracting, Gaucho's mind might have commended the strength of Gull's attack. The dun had trained long and hard on the sands of the Throat - and so the beach did not prove to be a difficult battle ground. Yet many who were not used to the stamina-sapping powers of the sands found their attacks to be left wanting. Gull seemingly was either lucky, or better trained than Gaucho had thought.

Though currently, neither of those things mattered.

Relying on his years of battle-fortitude now to give himself strength, Gaucho forced his mouth to open and to slowly draw in a breath. The muscles which contracted around the swollen and already bruised portion of his neck screamed in discomfort, though his lungs happily accepted the pain. Knowing that his system could not handle any large movements until his breathing was more regular, the Wildfire withdrew into the sovereignty of the Sun God and the magic that he had bestowed upon Gaucho. Because really, it was for the Sun God that Gaucho fought in the first place - it was not Gaucho's herd that he defended, but the Sun's.

Pulling his wings back and then beating them forward, Gaucho ushered forth a wall of fire that gushed and blazed with light and heat. A strangled cry of discomfort and pain left his lips as he sucked in another ragged but deep breath, filling his lungs and slowly clearing his vision of creeping-blackness and stars.

Gaucho is challenging Gull for "leave the Throat alone"

WC: 768
Attack:2/4
Setting: Riptide Isles, midday, Tallsun.
Summary: Gaucho gets hit in the neck and is hurt/struggles to breathe. He throws a wall of fire at Gull.
@Gull

Gaucho the Wildfire
If this is to end in fire
Then we should all burn together

Art by: schwartze @ DA
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Messages In This Thread
I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gaucho - 12-22-2015, 03:12 PM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gull - 12-23-2015, 05:16 AM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gaucho - 12-26-2015, 02:16 PM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gull - 12-29-2015, 04:45 AM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gaucho - 12-31-2015, 10:59 AM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gull - 01-03-2016, 09:29 PM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gaucho - 01-04-2016, 04:27 PM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gull - 01-07-2016, 04:45 PM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gaucho - 01-08-2016, 12:20 PM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Blu - 01-08-2016, 01:35 PM