I'll bite you | Gull Challenge

Gull Posts: 120
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 9 (Tallsun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Splat :: Royal Zephyr :: Phoenix Shady
Gull!
underneath it all, we're just savages

Thud.

It was a dull, fleshy sound, an ugly sound, one that bespoke blood and bruises—but to Gull, it was music. He grunted deeply as he felt his back hooves connect with Gaucho’s neck, pounding into the well-developed muscle with a thwack! that wove itself into the beat of the escalating battle. While he would have preferred the sharp crack of a jawbone over the rather unglamorous sound of pummeling bodies, the dusty paint felt a rush of savage pleasure at the success of his attack. The strike had not been the most graceful, nor had targeting Gaucho’s trachea been entirely intentional, but hey: he’d take what he could get. Though he may have forfeited style points, through happy fortune his offense had ultimately been more efficient. From the sound of his opponent’s labored breathing, it seemed that he had done something right.

The shock of the impact sent tremors reverberating back through his hind legs, but Gull was ready. Using the force of the rebound to his advantage, the smaller stallion sprang away, trusting in his agility to give him time to regroup. There were only two problems with his plan: one, sand was not conducive to fast getaways; and two…it wasn’t exactly possible to outrun the form of retaliation that the dun had in mind. They say revenge is a dish best served cold, but of course, Gaucho would prefer it flambé. Though he might have expected another round of snapping teeth and vicious hooves, Gull was by no means prepared for the wall of fire that came roaring after him, licking at his heels and setting his left haunch aflame with startling quickness.

While shock had spared him most of the pain thus far, the fire Gull felt immediately. It tore into his flesh like a rabid animal, and he howled in appropriate agony, thrashing this way and that under its merciless jaws. Time seemed to slow as he flailed wildly, driven into a blind panic by the flames that had earned Gaucho his reputation. All the while, the skin on his hindquarters blistered and burned, filling his nostrils with the indescribable and awful stench of charred flesh. There was no escape; it was everywhere. Gull felt as if he were being consumed by fire—even within him, he felt his lungs begin to burn and the air within them thickening. For the first time since the battle had begun, fear pricked at his heart, and the realization overwhelmed him: this was something much darker and deeper than he had signed up for. Hind end still alight like a demented firefly, Gull opened his mouth to scream once more—

—But all that came out was…smoke?

The cloud billowed forth from the depths of his chest like an avenging angel, raining down suffocating ash and soot upon anyone who stood in its path. Given his decidedly unchoreographed writhing, it was uncertain whether or not any of it would reach his aggressor, but Gull had already lost track of Gaucho. Wracked with pain, his world had narrowed to the ocean and to the distance between himself and the water, and he now streaked toward it with animal determination. In his desperation, even the accidental discovery of his own magic meant little to him. For the moment, the choking smoke was inconsequential—unless, of course, it would buy the burning stallion some time to reach the water.

WC: 563/800
Attack: 2/4
Summary: Gull tries to use the force of impact to spring away from Gaucho but is caught by the wall of fire, which sets his left haunch aflame. As he runs for the ocean, he accidentally discovers his magic by breathing a cloud of suffocating smoke.

:: [ Magic: DarkxFire | Ability to breathe thick, choking smoke that can be used in battle to restrict opponent's breathing. ]
:: [ Restrictions | Cannot suffocate anyone. The smoke isn't magical and its effects are the symptoms of smoke inhalation. ]

"talk talk talk"

Image Credits || coding by Tamme, tweaked by Shady

@Gaucho
Please do not tag Gull except for in opening posts or spars!

Messages In This Thread
I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gaucho - 12-22-2015, 03:12 PM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gull - 12-23-2015, 05:16 AM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gaucho - 12-26-2015, 02:16 PM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gull - 12-29-2015, 04:45 AM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gaucho - 12-31-2015, 10:59 AM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gull - 01-03-2016, 09:29 PM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gaucho - 01-04-2016, 04:27 PM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gull - 01-07-2016, 04:45 PM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gaucho - 01-08-2016, 12:20 PM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Blu - 01-08-2016, 01:35 PM