the Rift

I'll bite you | Gull Challenge
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd
One might think that Gaucho was used to smoke. That his propensity towards fire had afforded him a fortitude to its effects, but of course, magical fire is a different sort of beast entirely. Smoke never rose from the flames on his wings, and, unless his arcing fire magic or spectral animal-shapes actually touched something which would burn and yield smoke, they remained completely whole and untainted by ash.

And so as smoke billowed from the nearly-cooked stallion, Gaucho was surprised to see any sort of vapor coming off of him at all. He hadn't appeared to have been covered in wet leaves or anything similarly ignitable...and so it was for the second time in a matter of seconds that Gaucho's breathing was once again compromised. As the membranes of Gaucho's respiratory tract became irritated by the smoke and tried to compensate, the dun could feel his airways once again becoming restricted, and had to fight (quite hard) the urge to bellow is outrage and frustration. Kicks, he could take. Bites and thuds and even hair pulling, he could take. But this? This was not an attack. This was like having magic that merely hobbled your opponent. This was a challenge for honour, for protection, for justice and decency...Though if Gaucho had stopped to think about it, his frustration might have dimmed slightly; shouldn't he expect this of Gull? That one so stupid as to harass a member of his herd and then blindly run into a challenge with Gaucho, would also fight by handicapping his opponent?

But win the fight against his ire Gaucho did, and instead of screaming he focused on his breathing, honing his focus to a white-hot point of intense concentration. Breathe. A cough racked his lungs - followed by several more - and Gaucho spat a wad of black spit onto the ground. As he turned slowly to try and follow Gull's movements, his gaze was painfully blurred by the smoke, and despite the tears that welled up in his eyes to protect and clear his vision, needle-like points of pain danced before his steely gaze. He felt his balance shift and stumbled to compensate - though because nothing had in fact shifted, this movement unbalanced him even more. The Wildfire's wings splayed from his sides and bright stars dangled in front of his vision.

Another painful racking cough seized Gaucho as he steadied himself. Fine, he thought with an inward sigh of defeat. If Gull want to play this game, Gaucho play too. Handicapping was something that Gaucho was more than able to facilitate.

Mara slithered down Gaucho's neck, shoulder, and leg. Her body blended in well with the sands, and her lightning-fast speed drew her to the water quickly. Alongside her were five huge eagles composed of fire. The eagles tactic was to try and come at Gull from five different angles, trying to force him to stop in the water - or to dive under it - but they made no move to necessarily attack. Simultaneously, Mara slipped into the frothy waves, her body moving with intentional lateral beats, trying to bring herself closer to Gull without being noticed. The fire-eagles flashed their talons and snapped their beaks of fire to try and hold the grullo's attention. As soon as she thought she might be close enough, she struck, aiming for whatever meaty part of Gull's body she was closest to - likely a shoulder or belly. She had already expelled her natural toxin and had failed. But she had another toxin stirring in her veins - a more magical one - which had the capacity to paralyze.

Bring him down Gaucho commanded silently, as he used his remaining strength to beat away the smoke around him using his wings. The dun took a staggering step forward - and then another, and another - and could almost immediately feel the positive effects of fresh air in his lungs.

His blood shot eyes opened, seeing his eagles circling furiously.

"Treat Dragon's Throat with respect-" Gaucho spat, his voice still hoarse and strained from the lingering effects of the smoke. "-treat mares with respect." He finished, edging towards the water with his flaming wings splayed. Although tear marks tracked down his clenched jaws, and despite the massive bruise which continued to edge outwards on his neck, Gaucho was still a pillar of fortitude and determination.

Nearby, Vorsa lingered beside Nephele, ready to thrust her burning body into action should Gull's focus switch from Gaucho back to his original target.

Gaucho is challenging Gull for "leave the Throat alone"

WC: 747
Attack:3/4
Setting: Riptide Isles, midday, Tallsun.
Summary: oh no more trouble breathing. Gaucho sends 5 firey eagles (medium-dog sized) to try and force Gull to stop in the water and distract him, whilst Mara slithers and then swims towards him trying to use her paralyze ability.
@Gull

Gaucho the Wildfire
If this is to end in fire
Then we should all burn together

Art by: schwartze @ DA
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Messages In This Thread
I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gaucho - 12-22-2015, 03:12 PM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gull - 12-23-2015, 05:16 AM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gaucho - 12-26-2015, 02:16 PM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gull - 12-29-2015, 04:45 AM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gaucho - 12-31-2015, 10:59 AM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gull - 01-03-2016, 09:29 PM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gaucho - 01-04-2016, 04:27 PM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gull - 01-07-2016, 04:45 PM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gaucho - 01-08-2016, 12:20 PM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Blu - 01-08-2016, 01:35 PM