the Rift

I'll bite you | Gull Challenge
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

[CUTTING IT A LITTLE CLOSE, HUH SHADY? :P ]

Gaucho's words went unheard. Or at the very least, back for more? didn't strike even Gaucho's primitive brain as an appropriate response to be fucking respectful. The response increased the level of infuriated that Gaucho's war-locked mind was currently sitting at. He had told Gull to leave Nephele alone, and had been ignored. He had given him a chance to walk away, yet still Gull recused himself of that opportunity. And now, when a simple alright, or yes, or even a nod would have ended this, not only did the grullo fail to recant, but he did so in the most egregious and infuriating way possible. Words couldn't pinpoint just what it was that caused Gaucho's blood pressure to suddenly peak; Gull was an idiot, but so were most. Gull had attacked his family, but so had many. Gull was a lost cause, but didn't know it yet, but that wasn't Gaucho's concern.

No. It had to do with the blatant disrespect, not necessarily of Gaucho, but of all that he held dear.  And for that, what could have ended with the waves washing Gull's battered body clean, would now end with blood.

With his ears pinned against his skull, Gaucho lunged forward. He meant to pin Gull down into the sands with his antlers, thus his head was already lowered as he charged.

And then it happened.

Not for the first time. Not even for the second time, but for the third fucking time, Gull winded and blinded him. As thick smoke chocked Gaucho's lungs with even more density than it had previously, did no part of the dun's mind think to reprimand himself. Never once did he think, Fool me once shame on me, fool me twice... There was nothing commendable about Gull's retaliation such that it would garner respect from Gaucho towards the grullo. Nothing that made Gaucho think, Ahh, I should have expected this, it's my fault for running into this smoke...No, once again this was cowardly and weak. If anything, Gaucho regretted that he had actually thought enough of his opponent to think that he would fight with honour, after sinking so low for his earlier attacks.  

As Gaucho leaned back on his haunches, trying simultaneously to stop his forward momentum by sliding on the sands, (and also to lift his nose higher into the air and hopefully out of the cloud of black fog), he felt his hind left leg suddenly buckle in pain. Despite the horse shoes that adorned his hooves, a pebble from the beach had lodged itself beneath the crystalline "U" of the shoe. On the soft sand he hadn't immediately felt it, but as Gaucho's hoof struck another larger rock, the pebble was pushed into the tender flesh of his frog. Gaucho's knee buckled and his balance was jolted. His black lips opened both to emit a scream of surprise and pain, but only succeeded in sucking in more smoke. Gaucho's instincts twice now had allowed him the forethought to slow his breathing, but his mental patience was now too thin. Gaucho was already disoriented - his steely gaze had tried to see through the fog, to place Gull and prepare for an attack, and so had been flooded and forced shut by the black cloud. Thick and gooey tears poured from his eyes, staining his cheeks and completely barring his vision. Pain warbled, ricocheted, and echoed through his left leg, emanating up from his hoof which felt as though it had been stabbed with a dull blade. He tried to retreat a step, blindly faltering, but his leg refused to bear weight while it was still on the rocky ground. With his ears pinned against his skull, Gaucho was forced to hop backwards on three legs.

"NOT DISRESPECT SUN GOD" Gaucho roared, his lungs crackling as viscus black mucus built up in his chest and throat. Flapping his wings, Gaucho once again sent a burst of fire forward. Though he couldn't see Gull, his link to Mara and Vorsa indicated that enough of the grullo was above the waves - indeed most of him, as he stumbled to stand - that Gaucho's fire would not be completely doused. As soon as the words - and the flames - left him, Gaucho began to cough. His spit, a mixture of blood and ash, left his lips and dribbled down his chin and onto the sand with every exhalation. Leaving her position next to Nephele, Vorsa flew in front of Gaucho, trying to use her wings to beat away the smoke so that he could try to breath and see. The phoenix was not a fighter, but she could feel the strain on Gaucho's heart to continue to pump under such duress. Though she wouldn't attack, she would try to help him if she could.

Gaucho is challenging Gull for "leave the Throat alone"

WC: 800
Attack:4/4
Setting: Riptide Isles, midday, Tallsun.
Summary: Runs to attack Gull, meaning he runs right into the cloud. He tries to immediately halt, but doing so drives a pebble into his hoof. Inhales a bunch of smoke. Throws more fire at gull. Vorsa tries to flap away the fog.
@Gull

Gaucho the Wildfire
If this is to end in fire
Then we should all burn together

Art by: schwartze @ DA
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Messages In This Thread
I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gaucho - 12-22-2015, 03:12 PM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gull - 12-23-2015, 05:16 AM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gaucho - 12-26-2015, 02:16 PM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gull - 12-29-2015, 04:45 AM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gaucho - 12-31-2015, 10:59 AM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gull - 01-03-2016, 09:29 PM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gaucho - 01-04-2016, 04:27 PM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gull - 01-07-2016, 04:45 PM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gaucho - 01-08-2016, 12:20 PM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Blu - 01-08-2016, 01:35 PM