the Rift

I'll bite you | Gull Challenge
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

Vorsa, intentionally having recused herself from this battle, trilled a bright warning to Gaucho as Gull made his final rally. However her wings had already beat away enough of the smoke that the Wildfire could see the charging grullo for himself. He didn't expect the bright orangey-red creature to fight, but he appreciated her warning just the same.

Although part of Gaucho appreciated that it appeared Gull was actually trying to attack, rather than just blowing smoke into his face, he didn't feel the need to prolong this already arduous and played-out challenge anymore. The boy was beat, and despite Gaucho's overwhelming frustration, he saw no need to actually kill him. At least not this time. But should the grullo fail to heed his warning, death would be served to him swiftly and without remorse. For it was not for hubris or dominance that Gaucho fought, but for the Sun God and for the sanctity and safety of his herd. His family. Perhaps if Gull understood that, he would understand the seriousness and immediacy which fueled Gaucho's actions.

With clear eyes and full lungs, Gaucho easily stepped aside as the grullo reared up, only to collapse on the sands. His clumsy aim, lack of strength, and many wounds made it easy for the Wildfire to anticipate and skirt this last ditch effort. With ears pinned flat against his blocky skull, Gaucho snorted as his steely gaze eyed the defeated creature laying before him. Now that the chances of her being stepped on had dwindled significantly, Mara slithered forward. She edged close to Gull, trying to his in his ear as she did so. The snake had no problems basking in the glory of their win, even if Gaucho (outwardly) would not. She could see into his mind, could feel the joyous flood of emotions that failed to make their way to his stoic features. He knew that he had done well, had served their Sun Lord today in battle.

"This only warning, so hear it." Gaucho grunted. "Gull not to come to Throat. Gull not to steal from members of Throat. Dragon's Throat Gaucho's family, and Gull will leave them alone."

With Gull's life precariously sitting just beneath Gaucho's hooves, a strange feeling overcame the dun. Just say okay, he thought to himself, as his dark ears flickered forward to catch the grullo's words. Part of him suspected he would get some smarmy remark, but a strange part of him hoped that he wouldn't. Idiocy was such a pathetic reason to die. Perhaps it was because of the gift of healing that the Sun God had bestowed upon him, but in that moment, Gaucho would have been satisfied with healing the boy and sending him on his way with his warning, than having to damped the light in his eyes permanently.

Gaucho is challenging Gull for "leave the Throat alone"

WC: 800
Attack: Closing.
Setting: Riptide Isles, midday, Tallsun.
Summary: Gaucho side steps Gull's attack. Demands he leaves the Throat alone.

Continue in another thread? @Gull

Gaucho the Wildfire
If this is to end in fire
Then we should all burn together

Art by: schwartze @ DA
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Messages In This Thread
I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gaucho - 12-22-2015, 03:12 PM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gull - 12-23-2015, 05:16 AM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gaucho - 12-26-2015, 02:16 PM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gull - 12-29-2015, 04:45 AM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gaucho - 12-31-2015, 10:59 AM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gull - 01-03-2016, 09:29 PM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gaucho - 01-04-2016, 04:27 PM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gull - 01-07-2016, 04:45 PM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Gaucho - 01-08-2016, 12:20 PM
RE: I'll bite you | Gull Challenge - by Blu - 01-08-2016, 01:35 PM