the Rift

[OPEN] Fly like a butterfly, bark like a Bee.

Areli Posts: 82
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 10 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 hh :: 3 (Birdsong) HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bee :: Grey Wolf :: None Shady
Areli
the flower that smells the sweetest is shy and lowly

“Mama!” The small voice broke the morning stillness, and the deer in the meadow raised their heads cautiously. For a moment, all was silent again, as if the speaker was taking a breath, then suddenly: MAAAAAA-MMAAAAA!! it hollered. Startled, a flock of birds rose into the air and the worried deer bounded into the trees. Behind them shot a golden blur, whose excited barking was only drowned out by Areli’s yelling. “BEE!” she screamed after the pup, “LEAVE’M’ALONE!” The girl stomped a hoof before trotting in the direction that the wolf had run, the expression on her face clearly exasperated. How were they supposed to find Mama if Bee insisted on running down every woodland animal they came across? Thinking of the hundreds of deer that lay between the pair and home, she groaned aloud. BEE! Areli called again, rolling her eyes as she watched the tall thistles waving wildly at the far corner of the meadow. No response. Frowning, the filly drew herself up to her full height, and bellowed out her best Parelia impression: “If you don’t listen RIGHT NOW, young lady…”

Into her mind flashed the sudden image of a rabbit, and Areli jumped, too surprised to finish the thought. It wasn’t the first time it had happened—though that in itself had been rather jarring, when her companion had chosen to telepathically communicate the bloody carcass that was her dinner—but she still was unused to the push of Bee’s growing consciousness on her own. At first, she had only been able to sense the pup’s strongest emotions, which had been easy enough to ignore when she had wanted to. But gradually, the wolf’s psyche had grown in complexity, and now the glimpses of the world through Bee’s eyes had begun. With every passing day, the pair’s lives became further intertwined. To be sure, it was a beautiful thing, their journey together, and perhaps Areli would realize that in retrospect. But for now, the child was used to being the center of everyone’s world—including her own—and sharing was something that she found difficult to learn. “Bee,” she sighed, quietly this time, “C’mon. We’ve still gotta fin’ Mama.”

"speech"
Image Credits || original coding by Tamme; tweaked by Shady || quote by William Wordsworth

@Abraham
[Image: areli_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgh47.png]
Icon base: Bronzehalo
Please do not tag Areli except in opening posts!

Argen Posts: 37
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Equine :: 16 hh :: Four years HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Solomon :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Fire Breath Time
Argen
"What if your Mama doesn't want to be found?" Argen asked, stepping from the treeline toward the small filly. His voice was smooth like silk and taunting, his amber eyes glinting with some form of jovial light. Most of his attitude was attributed to the massive dragon that glided above him, trilling toward the winged girl with delight. While Argen liked children, Solomon liked them more. He was still young, and loved to play with others--stranger or familiar. The bronze had few boundaries, like his bondmate, and they were less bound when his heart beat for the desire of a game. Draconian yellow eyes flashed an imagination of the pegasus filly engaging them in a game of tag, and Argen nodded his head. I will ask her. He added, consoling his dragon enough to cause him to spiral in the air toward the dappled girl.

The spotted stallion trotted towards the girl, hoping to close the distance between them in the meadow without the girl running away. His dull blonde hair was tousled by the wind as he trotted. Wildly, the stallion tossed his head and rocketed his body forward in a haphazard canter. "What if your mother is perfectly fine being apart from you?" Argen's voice had a teasing whisp to it as he slowed to a trot again, attempting a circle around the winged girl. Above, the dragon glided on warm air, trilling his playful song into the brilliant light of the meadow.

It had been a while since Argen had been able to express his love for foals and their innocence. In the time he had been minding his own harem under the watchful eye of his grandfather, the fiery man had to appear much more stoic than he truly was. Argen enjoyed being around foals--at least, foals that were not his own. That way, he had no responsibility to nurture them and teach them well. When they were not his, he could do as he pleased, not what was right.

Image Credit

We are the long forgotten sons
And daughters that don't belong to anyone
We are alone under this sun
We work to fix the work that you've undone
</style>

please tag argen in all posts

Kid Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Equine :: 15hh :: 3 years HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
dark
kid
Mother agrees to allow Sabre and I time to explore the surrounding areas, but dare we get too far and our punishment will be severe. My cheek burns as a fellow reminder, and my side cries out from the recent out lash I had received when mother told me to stop drinking yet I continued to take and take. A king needs to be strong, and I cannot be strong if I do not consume and grow, I must to be stronger and better than the rest. So I did what an greedy shit would do, and ignored her fury until it struck me solid to the side, leaving me gasping and choking and trembling with fear. Mother was displeased with me, and I would accept that as her hoof left my skin and returned to the earth with a solid strike. She scolded me harshly, almost hitting me again before I submitted to her will and took her words to heart. 

She walked to the tree line, looking down at me with a twinge of pride before motioning my release. Here she would stay, hidden but watching like a hawk to its prey, steel sights trained upon our hides. I dash into the light, my legs thundering against the ground while my eyes are alight with some sort of joy, hooves crashing to the earth as I test my limits and leap into the air. I look back to make sure mother is within sight, but it's all a blur along the horizon and a mess of colours clashing and colliding in my vision, cleaning up closer to me. Odd, but I don't pay it any mind as I spin around and rush forward. 

I see two blurs that slowly begin to grow more detailed in my approach, bubblegum eyes blinking as I near them enough to make out a little figure and a taller one. The taller one has red eyes like that lady who visited us a few days ago, and a flashy bronze coat with white spots. He's like me, an equine of pure blood and relations to my bloodlines. I prick my ears, stepping forward and looking at the girl. She has weird things at her sides, feathered and weirdly magnificent. "What are those?" I ask, eyes wide and curious. 

"Talk."
the boy bandit king
image credits

Sabre Posts: 21
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 3 years
Cutlass :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Reli
show me how defenseless you really are.
HA!

Like I’m going to let brother leave mother’s side alone and have all the fun.

Please.

I do not notice his release at first—I had wandered just a little bit away from the two of them, too eager and consumed with my own curiosity. A particular little insect had snatched my attention, luring me away with its buzzing and jumping, but when it disappears into the underbrush, my focus is quick to move somewhere else. Glancing over my shoulder with sheer boredom on my pale face, I see Ma motioning her permission to brother, and then he’s off. Scoffing, I march over, and prod her side impatiently.

Perhaps I am a little too hasty and brash with my nudging (neither brother nor I have escaped without punishment, a shallow gash behind my ear reminds me) and I recoil in an attempt to dodge any stray hooves or teeth. When Ma doesn’t lash out right away in scolding, I seize her approval and dash off with it, not caring to wait a moment longer and see if my impatience would catch up with me. Charging out of the shadows and into the violet rolling hills, I stretch my gangly legs to their full extent.

I

AM

FREEEEEEEEE!

Pinning my sights on my wombmate, I bow my body forward, bounding excitedly in the only gear I seem to know—fast and furious! As far as I know, I’m the fastest thing there is around! I pump my spindly legs furiously, the curly down of my mane and tail whipping as wildly as they can, the ground distorting into a blur beneath my hooves.

It’s like my body could swallow it if I wanted to.

I feel alight with the rush, throwing out some bucks and a breathless squeal for good measure, before I barrel to brother’s side. My chest heaves with excited breaths, my enthusiasm nearly bursting from my little body. We’re basically standing right in front of them before I notice the two strangers. I flick my ears back, instinctively defensive, but my curiosity is far too great to contain—especially in this heightened state—so I stay with him to inspect them. One (the biggest one) is familiar, shape-wise at least; he’s like Ma and that other stranger—like brother and I! Pure, I think is what Ma calls us.

Royalty.

I puff out proudly, having had this certainty drilled into me already. But…the other one—she is different. She is some kind of creature that, while vaguely recognizable, I have never seen before. I glance at brother when he questions the things that sprout from her sides (like a tumor, a sickness), and wrinkle my nose when I look back to the strange thing, issuing a graceless demand of my own: Wha’ are you?

notes; Don't mind her >.> <.< haha
“Speech.”
image credits
JOIN THE EMPIRE

[Image: pixel_i__sabre_by_xxcloudscollide_d9z9zr...9zbmnl.gif]
please tag Sabre in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Areli Posts: 82
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 10 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 hh :: 3 (Birdsong) HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bee :: Grey Wolf :: None Shady
Areli
the flower that smells the sweetest is shy and lowly

Another voice sang through the meadow, but it’s not Mama’s. This one was rougher, and much, much deeper. “What if your Mama doesn’t want to be found?” it asked, and the girl turned her head to see a spotted stallion emerging from the trees. Above him—and here her breath caught in her throat—soared a dragon, bronze scales glinting in the sun. At its appearance, even Bee stopped her chase, forfeiting the rabbit. As the pair approached, her gaze never moved from the dragon, admiring the creature who commanded the sky. It was only when Argen was nearly upon her that her gaze flickered downward, seeking his face. “Huh?” Areli finally replied, tearing her eyes away from the metallic beast to focus on its master. “Why wouldn’t she? She’s my Mama, ‘n’ Mamas just don’t go gettin’ lost!” This logic was followed by an indignant stamp of the hoof, because really, wasn’t it obvious? The thought had never crossed her mind that Parelia would deliberately leave her—Areli’s “what-ifs” ran more along the lines of the extreme circumstances that would prevent her mother from reaching her side. To suggest that Mama was hiding from her was ridiculous!

Unamused by the stallion’s teasing, she resumed her curious surveillance of his much more interesting dragon. “What’s ‘is name?” she asked abruptly, gesturing at the creature with her chin. “Volterra has one like ‘im,” she mused, half to herself. “’S name’s Veer-zays,” she added loftily, proud of herself for remembering the fancy word. Of course, the stranger could not be expected to have any idea what she was talking about, but Areli gave that inconvenient fact little consideration. After all, as evidenced by her calls for Mama, it was her world—and weren’t they all just living in it?

However, it seemed that the topic of conversation was soon to change, for out of the woods came careening two even younger than her: a colt and a filly, brother and sister by the looks of it. “Hullo,” she intoned rather flatly, once they were in range. While she would have preferred to go on about the dragon, the interruption wasn’t one that she could readily ignore—especially because both took one look at her and appeared to be instantly thrown into confusion. “What are those?” came the boy’s voice, quickly followed by the girl’s more pointed question: “Wha’ are you?”

At first, she laughed openly, not realizing that their uncertainty was genuine. But when she realized that they were serious, her merriment quieted. Gold eyes flicked briefly towards the older stallion, wondering if he would explain. But then she remembered that he too was fond of silly questions and could not be counted upon to clear up the matter. It seemed that the task was to fall upon her.

“They’re wings,” Areli returned incredulously, spreading them wide for display. “Haven’tcha seen wings before?” She shook the feathers a little for emphasis before resettling them upon her back and turning to the girl. “’N’ I’m Areli; who ’r’ you?” Here she stressed the subject, hoping that the filly would take the hint. The younger girl’s grammatical choice didn’t offend her, for she assumed that the filly was still learning. However, there was something off-putting about the way she had wrinkled her nose, and Areli found that she had few reservations about asserting herself over the smug little creature.

OOC: So much for speed threading >.> Sorry, the holidays ate me!

"speech"
Image Credits || original coding by Tamme; tweaked by Shady || quote by William Wordsworth

@Argen
[Image: areli_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgh47.png]
Icon base: Bronzehalo
Please do not tag Areli except in opening posts!

Argen Posts: 37
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Equine :: 16 hh :: Four years HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Solomon :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Fire Breath Time
Argen
Argen laughed at the filly's indignant stomp of her hooves and her response. She obviously knew nothing of the world. All mothers did was go and get lost--it just came in many different forms. Snorting some, he slowed his trot and tossed his head, blonde locks dancing in the sunlight. "Oh dear girl, mothers are good at losing themselves, even if they don't know it." He flashed her a toothy, playful grin and stopped before her, lifting his head toward the sun. "If they don't want to be found, well, they won't be." He chuckled again, and Solomon landed on his back.

The girl's eyes caught the dragon and he cooed toward her. Argen's brow lifted some in surprise as she spoke of Volterra, his uncle-nephew. In all reality, the boy was his uncle--being born from Argen's grandfather and all--but with their age differences, the family worked as if the dark boy and his sister were his niece and nephew. "Oh, but girl, Solomon is so much more than Volterra's red. Solomon is a king." Argen lowered his head and playfully nipped at the girl's shoulder, and Solomon ruffled his wings, extending them. His scales glistened beautifully in the sun, and tossing back his head he exploded a massive jet of flame toward the sun.

The others approached and Argen regarded them with narrowing of his eyes. There was no mistaking them--they shared his blood, whether they knew it or not. They were either the offspring of Volterra or Nymeria with their skulled heads and bloody markings. When Argen had met the skulled grulla in the forest she did not have the curving sides of pregnancy, and these children were far too young for her to already have worked off her child weight. Snorting, the stallion decided they were Volterra's children. "Hello." He simply greeted them, looking down on them with swimming amber eyes.

Did the red-eyed father know of these offspring?

Image Credit

We are the long forgotten sons
And daughters that don't belong to anyone
We are alone under this sun
We work to fix the work that you've undone
</style>

please tag argen in all posts

Kid Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Equine :: 15hh :: 3 years HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
dark
kid
She's behind me, a barreling ball of excitement as she runs, long legs carrying her towards me with intimidating speed. She takes her time getting to me, bucking around with careless ecstasy while I stand waiting, simply watching the grasses bend in her wake. She's gleeful, taking enjoyment in the freedom we'd snatched from beneath Mother's nose, stealing away like bandits with wind combing through our tufts of mane. We both knew the consequences of our actions if Mother caught us, but neither would voice any concern or regard for the punishment for which we would receive. Instead we pushed our boundaries and left her line of sight to explore, my enthusiasm for exploration overwhelming in the sense that it was all so much to take in, that the open world before me was something of an opportunity. I am alight with a passionate fire, determined to break through the world with a solid strike, to dig deep into the roots and take heed, to control what I could and rule beside Sabre in a dictatorship with us at the top of the food chain. 

I watch her puff out her chest, taking pride in the way she carries herself, my own chest flung out and head raised while I settle into stride with her. I wanted to begin giving off an aura of confidence and power, already I wanted to be feared, simply by the way I carried myself. I would be like Mother, with an attitude and stern stare, intimidating not by size but by force of will and compact strength, a surprising opponent to battle against with a thick figure but shorter stature, I would not let my full height be a disadvantage to me (I have yet to realize how unlucky I got in terms of height). 

My eyes trail over the dappled girl's wings, the way they sprouted from her shoulders, a disease that had a physical aspect. Could they be removed? My cotton candy eyes wander, thoroughly reviewing each and every feather with close attention to the direction in which they grow. My nose wrinkles at the sight of them, how odd they looked blooming from the shoulders of something meant to stay grounded. I turn to Sabre, looking displeased at the sight of what lays before us, because we both seem to share curiousness of what the hell we were looking at, but similarly we shared a common disgust towards the foul thing that we had run across. It was something unnatural, something weak, something I did not understand and therefore did not agree with, something that could not be within my kingdom. I do not want parasites spreading through my subjects, because what king wants to rule corpses? I reach over, whispering into Sabre's ear with a rather expert movement, subtle and quiet as I share my opinion with her. "She's icky." It's straight to the point, and I retract with a look that already shows my displeasure at even breathing near anything that looks so unnatural, a mongrel that makes me sick

The laugh in response to our blunt questions makes me want to stomp my feet, to demand respect from something so undisciplined. How dare she mock a king! Once I get bigger, she will see what I really am, she will understand why this was a fatal mistake on her behalf. I hope Sabre shares similar feelings, that together we can punish the fools, to discipline the idiots who dare step beyond their boundaries, who cross the line with their mocking laughter and light-heartedness. She does answer, spreading them open to display all the individual feathers, bubblegum eyes tracing each feather while I have the opportunity, curious as to what would happen if I pulled one, if I took one between my teeth and yanked. Would it come easily? Would it stay? Would the owner cry out or remain silent? Does it hurt? My expression remains unchanged despite all the erratic questions jumping through my mind, a sickening sense of curiosity ensnaring me. She speaks out of turn, my ivory brows narrowed at how gross it is to think she has a right to speak when no one had asked her anything more, she'd already answered my question, I didn't need more from her. I reply bluntly, a harsh answer from such a young child like me. "No."

She doesn't answer Sabre's question either, not entirely. She answers with who she is, but not what. I flick back a colourless ear, single brow rising in questioning against her response. I wanted to speak out, to correct her, but this was not my question she was misunderstanding. Her lack of respect for the future powers brought a bitter taste to my tongue, I wanted to raise my voice against her, but my smaller stature and the other stallion nearby prevented me from doing such. I instead kept my lips sealed and frowned, pink eyes flicking to my skull-marked sibling before back to Areli. I didn't want to answer her question, she had no right to ask anyway. 

I speak instead to the roan male who lingered, nearly forgetting his presence. He was a much more comforting and relatable, lacking any abnormal growths from his body, he was accompanied by a shinier reptile than aunt Nymeria's, this one more enticing to me than the plain black one our death-faced aunt had. I look at it with excited eyes, opening my lips to try and voice my joy in seeing the spectacular winged lizard. "Like a-aunt Nee-meria." It wasn't a pretty sentence (no one is born with the ability to speak fluently, so I can't be blamed), but it was enough to show I was more excited about the dragon than the deformities growing off of the ebony girl. I look to Sabre to see if she too was enticed by the companion, eyes bright with something akin to greed, an unruly desire to have my own flighted reptilian. 

"Talk."
this is so much longer than i intended oh boyo
the boy bandit king
image credits

@Sabre

Sabre Posts: 21
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 3 years
Cutlass :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Reli
show me how defenseless you really are.
“She’s icky.”

I hear brother’s voice leak quietly into my ear, a hushed manifestation of the revulsion that we both undoubtedly share, and I toss my head in agreement. It is strange—unnatural—to see a creature such as this one. For the first time in my little life, I begin to grasp at threads of understanding, at comprehending exactly what Ma had been talking about. The others that infest this world—impure, abnormal, and wrong. She must be one of them, I am sure, already having made up my mind and lowering her to a status below our own (well, lower).

I narrow my eyes when the strange creature laughs at us, wondering what on earth had been so funny. At my side, I can feel brother bristle through the air between us, his anger fueling my own with a wrath I don’t know how to control (and why would I want to?). I am the fire to brother’s smoldering embers, and I blaze freely. “It wasn’t a joke,” I huff impatiently, emphasizing my point with a mighty stomp of my hoof. Of course, I am nothing but a little girl throwing a tantrum, but I certainly don’t see it that way. I am bold, indignant, and daring!

However, like most temperamental things, I am distracted easily.

“They’re wings.”

My eyes widen when the thing extends her tumors—wings—wide out, my muscles flinching instinctively away from their size. I tilt my ears back, dark lips pressing into an intent line, while my nose wrinkles again as I inspect the diseased appendages. “Wings,” I nearly spit to myself, disgusted by the word as it slides over my tongue. Unlike brother, I’m not particularly concerned with the rules of public etiquette or whatever (boring), so while I do not criticize this Areli for her brashness, I wear my own aversion on my sleeve. Proudly, I might add.

“Are you sick? ‘Ave you tried to get ‘em removed?” I demand of the Areli (her species dubbed instead of her person, as I have accepted her answer in my own terms). For a short moment, there is a flash of something akin to concern in my eyes. If these wings have infected her, then surely we should remove them, yes? However, worry is quickly replaced again by disgust. If she is sick, I certainly don’t want to catch this disease. The last thing I would want is for some grotesque tumors to be sprouting from my shoulders (then why hasn’t she had them severed yet?).

Tilting my head in contemplation of my thoughts, I flick my fuzzy tail a few times before I turn to brother. My words are meant only for him, but I don’t care enough to lower my voice. “I’ve never seen an Areli before,” it is an obvious fact—if I haven’t, then he hasn’t—but maybe I just have to repeat it to confirm how bizarre this experience is. What a strange world!

It isn’t until I hear brother’s voice again that I look away from the Areli—I had probably been staring quite rudely, so deal with it—my eyes first glancing to him, before following his line of sight to the shiny reptile that is perched on the stallion’s back. “Draagooonn,” I almost croon, my voice broken and my eyes glittering with the first seeds of greed. I had only ever seen one before—the black one, in the shadow of the woods—but this one, it is far more pleasing. “Wha’ is its name?” I shift my gaze to the roaned stallion, little ears slanting forwards and my eyes wide with dark wonder.

notes; sorry for the wait!
“Speech.”
@Kid @Argen | image credits
JOIN THE EMPIRE

[Image: pixel_i__sabre_by_xxcloudscollide_d9z9zr...9zbmnl.gif]
please tag Sabre in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.