the Rift

[PRIVATE] hell spawn --

Sabre Posts: 21
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 3 years
Cutlass :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Reli
show me how defenseless you really are.
I am not so much pushed into this world, but rather leap into it.

That’s how I see it, anyway—and almost instantly, I regret my brashness (a hard, prickling sensation I will become used to in life, but never learn from).

A cold chill swathes my damp skin with a bite that is new and unfamiliar, my clammy eyes blinking almost blearily against the strange light that hurts. I want the darkness, the shadows, the warmth, and the familiarity of all that had been mine for as long as my budding mind could comprehend. With lanky muscles jerking wildly, I fight for control of my own body in a wobbling mess, gangly legs thrashing about and my head flailing as I search for some semblance of balance—or any recognition of self, for that matter.

Snorting through the liquids that are clearing from my lungs, I release a high-pitched bleat. It is not a cry for help—never a cry for help—but rather of frustration, my senses overwhelmed and frantic with this strange place that I have dived into. Blinking violently against wet lashes, I bleat again, simply because I can. But something abruptly silences me—a shove of someone joining me. A familiar, comforting, and delightfully welcome familiarity of my brother’s presence. Tossing my head, I reach to nip at him, gums seeking to graze his soft skin in a rough gesture that is something like affection.

It is her touch that snaps my attention then, warm tongue grazing my damp coat for reasons I do not care to understand. All I know is that she dares to touch me, a right that has—up until now—only been reserved for my brother, and my little heart flares fiercely at her audacity. Instinctively I pin my fuzzy ears, lips pulling back to reveal what would one day be powerful weapons, but despite all my might and fury, she does not halt her advance. Still she licks. And so, with a huff, I resign, grudgingly ignoring the fact that the massage might even feel a little bit good.

Before I know it, brother is moving.

Gradually, shakily, he rises—and intently, proudly, she watches him. Now it’s not like I have the same need as brother to be revered or whatever, but I definitely do not like being ignored.

Bleating and grunting, I thrust my little butt up into the air. For a moment I’m stuck like that, bright eyes pinning the both of them as I reach out to nip at them before completing my rise. I’m not graceful or anything, but I’m fairly steady, and I puff my chest out happily. There! My fluffy tail wags behind me, and I stamp my hooves, not quite understanding the idea of moving around yet, but it doesn’t take me long—soon I’m marching after brother, my steps heavy and more of a stomp, as though I could hold the earth beneath me with every dainty hoof.

And why couldn’t I?

I stomp around some more, but the excitement quickly wears off (old news), and suddenly I realize something. I’m…my…my stomach hurts. What kind of crap is this?! The pain shoots right through the middle of me, grumbling and rioting, and I riot right along with it. Screaming my displeasure, I look first to her and then brother, expecting one of them to fix it.

notes; Eeee yay!:D
“Speech.”
You’re so cold,
but you feel alive—
lay your hand on me one last time.
@Colt | image credits
JOIN THE EMPIRE

[Image: pixel_i__sabre_by_xxcloudscollide_d9z9zr...9zbmnl.gif]
please tag Sabre in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Messages In This Thread
hell spawn -- - by Colt - 12-22-2015, 07:55 PM
RE: hell spawn -- - by Kid - 12-22-2015, 08:46 PM
RE: hell spawn -- - by Sabre - 12-23-2015, 01:28 PM
RE: hell spawn -- - by Nymeria - 12-24-2015, 05:24 PM
RE: hell spawn -- - by Colt - 12-24-2015, 06:17 PM
RE: hell spawn -- - by Kid - 12-24-2015, 07:25 PM
RE: hell spawn -- - by Sabre - 12-26-2015, 02:18 AM
RE: hell spawn -- - by Nymeria - 12-30-2015, 12:35 AM
RE: hell spawn -- - by Colt - 01-04-2016, 06:06 PM
RE: hell spawn -- - by Kid - 01-10-2016, 09:13 PM
RE: hell spawn -- - by Sabre - 01-15-2016, 11:01 PM