the Rift

[OPEN] vestiges of belonging

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
amaris
It was all the dragonmare could do, to follow her cousin. She was tired, she was weary - she was numb and broken, and she wasn't sure if she was ever going to be able to feel again. Trailing in the hoof- and pawprints of Tandavi and Natraj seemed to be the logical thing to do, the only thing she could do, in the wake of such heartache and death.

Tandavi was alive, and she was all Amaris had left from her youth; the only friend, relative, who cared enough to show up when the dragonmare needed her most (even if said dragonmare couldn't see it for herself). Amaris would not, could not leave her again - why did I leave her at all? And so the loathing of her own actions began again, the hatred, the shame.

Where are we? she might've asked her cousin, but of course Amaris knew the answer already - they were travelling south, towards the warmth, the sun, the fire of the Throat. She wondered whether Tandavi assumed Amaris would rejoin the ranks of the herd.. Did she think Amaris would beg and plead and weep until the Wildfire allowed her back?

If Tandavi wanted her to, Amaris would. The dragonmare was hardly living for herself any more - she might as well live for the Fire Dancer.

They had stopped.

It was like the dragonmare had to wake herself up from a bad dream, only to walk into something not much better - a world where the DragonHeart was dead, where you father and sister lived elsewhere, where anyone who might have been her friend was gone or dead or otherwise absent from her life. But she had Tandavi, the Fire Dancer, the moonchild painted with fire, the strong and dependable and.. and, sad.. broken.

Amaris only just saw it now, the depressed posture, the empty, broken shell of a creature who once was her cousin and confidant. Why have I been so blind - so selfish?! The dragonmare ran her maw against her cousin's shoulder as they stopped, finally the golden one seemed to be more awake, less swallowed by grief and despair - though numb was still the primary sensation within her, their journey here had at least allowed her to think and chew and decide to wake up, to start living again - or at least try.

She had to try, right?

"Why don't we enter?" she asked, her voice a soft bell against the waves that lapped at the shores before them. They stood on the edge, together - they would enter or leave this place together as well.

Brush Credit

@Tandavi
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
vestiges of belonging - by Tandavi - 12-22-2015, 09:25 PM
RE: vestiges of belonging - by Amaris - 12-23-2015, 10:51 PM
RE: vestiges of belonging - by Shahrokh - 12-24-2015, 09:23 PM
RE: vestiges of belonging - by Amani - 12-24-2015, 10:27 PM
RE: vestiges of belonging - by Ampere - 12-29-2015, 01:59 AM
RE: vestiges of belonging - by Tandavi - 01-19-2016, 08:20 PM
RE: vestiges of belonging - by Amaris - 01-20-2016, 01:58 AM
RE: vestiges of belonging - by Shahrokh - 01-30-2016, 04:49 PM
RE: vestiges of belonging - by Amani - 02-08-2016, 02:39 AM
RE: vestiges of belonging - by Ampere - 02-17-2016, 12:48 AM