the Rift

[OPEN] vestiges of belonging

Shahrokh Posts: 19
Absent Abyss
Colt :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 2 years
dark
I  wanna sleep next to you
but that's all I wanna do right now
It's a mess of panic while I lay flat against the earth, hugging it with my wings and choking on its dirt. I'm shivering, the pure shock of my descent still ensnaring my body in uncontrollable quaking while I squirm on the ground. My panicked breathing is not subtle, it comes in violent gasping waves of terror, coughing up the debris that overtake my lungs. I hear the sound of flapping wings, rustling feathers descending upon me in a flurry of motion and wind, gusts brushing over my stiffened body. Milky eyes widen, mouth dropping agape and chest heaving as I realize that someone was nearby, coming upon me with terrifying unknown force. My breathing stops, stuttering as I hold still while the dark world spins, my nostrils flaring in a desperate attempt to find the scent of the recently landed pegasus. Instead I am conflicted, so many scents crashing over me, too many to register. The dirt in my nostrils brings ruin to my attempt at finding safety, of searching out the unknown face that looks down upon me. 

A soft voice, pursued by a name. The sound is sweet, comforting yet foreign. My body screams to reach closer towards the presence, but my mind begs to keep it away, afraid of who it belongs to. There is all too much then, layers of voices building up as more and more persons reveal themselves to me, more than I could have ever known. Each voice that rises from the dark brings staggering fear into my heart, digging and tearing at my emotions until I succumb to my panic. Nothing goes well, my brave facade shattered by mama's hatred and the mass amount of beings around me. I am so vulnerable, so open laying at their feet like the babe that I am, caught beneath an ocean of gazes that I can feel clinging to my skin like some sort of parasite. I'm infected by the concern that overwhelms me, the pressuring need to choke out some form of response that does not come. 

From the voices I pick out a familiar one, ears pricking forward while everything cries out in agony and despair. My body has begun to bruise, marred by my collision with the world beneath me, a pain I— I the unscathed, the pure— have never felt before. This unsatisfying, discomforting feeling of being torn open for the world to witness my wounds, warm liquid beading at the broken skin while I wallow in self-pity. Ampere, that's her name. I vaguely remember her from an indiscernible time before, I had lingered at mama's side while she conversed with the mare. I am alive now, desperate and needy for something to cling to, to find comfort in. It's in her voice that I find familiarity, squirming under the pressure of my anxieties as I struggle to rise from the dirt, huffing from fatigue.  

"A- Ampere? It comes out a stuttering blur, melding with my pained gasp at the feeling of my battered body shifting after impact. I move my head, trying to find her but failing because her voice has stopped. The stress of losing the one chord of hope, the one thing keeping me from getting swallowed by the undertow of anxiety. "P- please- please don't go. I stutter out, standing on unsteady legs that ache when I move. I take hesitant steps in the direction I thought I heard the voice, trying to search out the only mare I was familiar with, the only one I could put trust in. 
SPEECH
[Image: dark1_by_schwartze-d8al7s3.png]
and this is the world as i see it now,
turns out nothing is fair

Messages In This Thread
vestiges of belonging - by Tandavi - 12-22-2015, 09:25 PM
RE: vestiges of belonging - by Amaris - 12-23-2015, 10:51 PM
RE: vestiges of belonging - by Shahrokh - 12-24-2015, 09:23 PM
RE: vestiges of belonging - by Amani - 12-24-2015, 10:27 PM
RE: vestiges of belonging - by Ampere - 12-29-2015, 01:59 AM
RE: vestiges of belonging - by Tandavi - 01-19-2016, 08:20 PM
RE: vestiges of belonging - by Amaris - 01-20-2016, 01:58 AM