the Rift

[DROP] :: The Giving Tree ::
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

[Has Tae with him - @Grusha you can come too!]

On black and blustery wings the Wildfire flew. This ... appearance was not uncommon. It was something which had happened repeatedly, and yet the dun could not ever reasonably surmise when it would happen. It didn't occur in the same season, nor did it occur in the same location. But it did happen, and when it did, it drew quite the crowd. With all of the godly-battles that had occurred lately, Gaucho was pleased to know that the thing he was headed for would not try to draw blood from those around him.

His experiences with the turtle had always been pleasant, more or less.

Flying with Tae (and Grusha maybe?), the Wildfire beat his wings in long and easy beats. His girl(s), while spunky and full of energy, still had enough growing to do, that flying slowly was still in their best interest. Although he knew that they wanted to race, and run, and triumph, their small bodies couldn't yet handle the strain. And so while he would never say outloud that the reduced pace was for them, it  clearly was.

Touching down, Gaucho folded his fiery wings against his flanks. The turtle was indeed a sight to behold - and he cast a downwards glance at his daughter(s) to see their reactions. What would his peculiar twins think of the giant creature, covered in bells, standing in the midst of the field?

"Bring gifts, if you good." Gaucho grunted, nodding his antlered skull towards the turtle and his tree. "Have been good?"

He couldn't help but smirk as Tae shook her head and whispered no.

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
i missed your skin when you were east
I was finally healed from my spar with Ashamin, and yet I still felt different. I couldn't quite pin point it, but I had an inner battle going on between being a hypochondriac and being genuinely worried. The feeling reminded me of the beginning of my pregnancy with Calstron from many years ago. The fear rising within me of the possibility of having a child, and not with anyone that I particularly was romantically involved with. I loved Ashamin, I did. As a friend, mostly. And I wasn't sure how out of all of the times I had slept around beforehand, that this time I would end up having a child. So would it be possible? I only assumed time would tell.

It didn't take long for me to notice the sound in the air, my ears standing vigilant to the ringing of bells that danced along the wind. I began to notice as a few of my herd mates left the Basin to go and investigate, as far as I could tell, and I decided to join them. Hanging back until we ended up in what seemed to be a winter wonderland. I noticed a turtle and the happiness I felt began to spread through my body like a fire. I smiled to the turtle and watched him for a brief moment, captivated by him and his abilities. I seemed oblivious to the other creatures at first, ones that didn't belong to the North, but I dipped my head to them all, offering a smile to Johnny and Lena at first until my eyes caught the little alabaster filly that I hadn't seen in quite some time.

I offered her a smile and a small dip of my head, golden chains dancing with the movement. And when I lifted my head, I saw him. I nearly felt my heart stutter at the sight of the one I had called mine. And with all this happiness I felt bounded within me, I figured an apology could be given in this environment. So with that in mind, I moved toward him. I dipped my head gently, smile fading slightly. I let my eyes wash over him for a brief moment, noticing how hardened he seemed to be now. I began to wonder how the Edge had treated him since our last encounter. "Hello, Temb. Would you mind if we talked?" I asked quietly, ears flickering in a nervousness that perhaps he'd tell me to just leave him alone, but my heart yearned for him to say yes. A lot had happened since our last encounter. I wanted him to know that I was doing alright and that I forgave him.
"Talk."
rexanna
image credits

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE <3333
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz
By the precepts of her purity

She would say she had almost seen the whole of Helovia by now, but if one wanted to see the grand stuff  happening, the Thistle meadows was the place to be. Stuff always went down there, she had noticed and concluded.

Perhaps this is the hot-spot for all that is fun and not by definition so important,  she thought logically-wise. The tiger striped mare was watching how a giant, slow — but surprisingly musical — turtle carried itself in a sluggish, yet somehow festive way. She didn't really see the point of it. It was fun, but by no means informative or enlightening. Yet, there was something light-hearted about all of it. Of course the bells surely helped with that; following the rhythm of the turtle's movements as it went. And as she watched, after some minutes had passed, she couldn't help but recognize her own attraction towards the mesmerizing, caramel sounds of the bells; jingling and jangling its charm against the shell of the creature, sound-fully and cheerily.

And she followed it, like the rest of them. Over the bridge to see whatever was about to happen, because somehow there was this almost-reached climax flowing through the flaky air.

Maren wouldn't quickly admit or approve of this, but if she would face the crazy reality (which this was) she would find that she had in fact been summoned here by mere happiness and joy. As if she had been poisoned by some kind of unknown reverse-venom that made that fluttering feeling she so rarely felt come to blossom in a slight awkward kind of way. Awkward in the way that she felt like she needed to... run around in... uh... (she had trouble thinking up the word) jolly-ness.

She scraped her throat, then swallowed whatever there had been to scrape-up while her kind of suspicious looking eyes flashed from one side to another, obviously attempting to keep her foal-ish adrenaline as secret as possible. (It was embarrassing) But once that surprisingly not-so-permanent-as-it-looks 'Glaze of Silence and Cold' was washed off from her golden eyes there was nothing else left to hide her feelings of pure excitement and wonder reflecting in her shimmering golden eyes.

The turtle's cozy humming sound was a pleasant contrast for the autumn's cold, emphasized by the coziness of the flakes falling down to cover her back and framing her sight. It made her wander closer to see what else was happening; something that the crowd, which had gathered in the meantime, could possibly be blocking her from view. But soon there was no blocking, as there was no horse that could keep her from watching the magnificent tree, adorned with ice and starlight, grow. Praise the Gods And as her wings spread behind her alabaster cheeks in suspense and her ears were looking forward with their veins showing under the thin skin, she couldn't help but forget how not-informative and probably useless this was.

She poked the one standing next to her with her outstretched wing, meanwhile not looking away from the awesome tree. She just nodded in approval and whispered. "Isn't that cool." And, if that person hadn't yet ran or pushed her away by then, she would swing that same wing around that random dude/dudette's neck and pull them into a nice, cozy hug.

hugs for all who need them <33

Maren
/ image
Please tag me 

Tae Posts: 133
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7.0 | def: 10 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 2 HP: 72.5 |
Mal :: Timber Wolf :: Terrorize & Hel :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire Odd

Faster, faster, faster.

That's what the hellish-marked girl wanted. She wanted to fly, to race, to soar with reckless speed. What she did not. want, was this casual pace her father was setting. Her ears were pinned against her skull as she flew, but unfortunately she couldn't chastise him for their lack of speed, for she was holding Mal in her mouth. The wolf pup was still small enough that she could manage it, but very soon, he would be far too big. By then Tae assumed he would be able to run beneath her, matching her flighted speed. And if not? Well, he'd better work on that. Although the girl felt a weird sort of diluted affection for the wolf, she also thought that coddling him was somehow inappropriate. They had been bonded together - just as she and Grusha had - and fate rarely made mistakes. If they were put together, it meant he would be able to keep up with her. And so keeping up with her was something she implicitly expected of him.

As they landed, the spectral-laced children drew a sharp breath as she spied the turtle. Never before had she seen anything like it - It's shell looked hard and durable, while the thing in the shell looked mushy and soft. Surely it could be killed - and easily! - and the shell could be used as armor - and-

Bring gifts, if you good.

Tae's ears perked up. I like gifts she thought with a devilish smile, however as her Father asked if she had been good - presumably good enough to get a gift, she cackled and shook her head. She hadn't been good - she'd been out killing and frolicking about whenever she pleased. So while maybe she hadn't been bad, good was certainly not a thing she had been. "No" She whispered, a wolfish smile on her bi-coloured face.

At her side Mal whined, wanting to see if the turtle was as squishy as Tae seemed to think it was. Shush she mentally commanded, shaking her head, but striding forward to get a better look. We'll see what it gives us - because it doesn't know we haven't been good...then we'll see about that shell. Satisfied with this answer, both wolf and girl waited. 

tae
i'm a cold day in august, i'm a stream too shallow
i'm a heart shaped box with no letter inside
Image Credits

Caneo Posts: 133
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3h :: 6 years HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Ophiria :: Dragon Snake :: None kae

Everything is white, like dust but worse. Caneo knows the name for it now: snow. The sight alone wipes all mirth from his features. "No," a breath, weary and disgusted. Isn't it early? His hooves lead him on regardless, mindless in their motion, like parts of a machine left running long after its masters have all disappeared. Time passes, and eventually the noise vibrating through the air around him penetrates the protective lockdown of Caneo's own unhappy thoughts.

It sounds like music. Ears twitching, he decides he really ought to be more mindful. Difficult, maybe, when one's thoughts spin webs as intricate as Caneo's do. He stands outside them now, though, realizing he isn't cold. No; he expects to be cold, but past the anticipation is nothing. The air presses softly into his flanks. He breathes. His hooves turn toward the source of the music, now, drawn purely by curiosity. Helovia is home to many strange, wonderful things; following curiosity served him well in the past. So he goes.

And that is how Caneo finds this place, and the... thing? At its center. The creature reminds him a little of a tortoise, and he stares longer than is probably polite. The nearer he gets, the more people he notices; quite a crowd has gathered. Now something snaps in his brain, a memory left unattended in the wake of awe, and Caneo rips his gaze from the strangeness around him to stare at the many mundane (and not so) faces. Maybe some are familiar; he passes them by. Only two creatures matter to him now. Blues eyes scour the crowd in search of flame-kissed orange, sunshine colors, warmth in the height of winter as both of Caneo's friends were. He regrets leaving, and he can admit it now.

He was wrong.

The beauty of this place is lost on him, so caught up is he in his own mind, but the spirit... The spirit of it maybe burns in the boy's heart still. A little cold, a little twisted, but salvageable, for the time being. "Please," he hisses, though whether he speaks to fate or lost friends or the gods themselves, he isn't sure. Maybe he'll get a better chance to look around when things clear out. Shifting his weight, he peers about. Perhaps he ought to be more reverent, but that is a flaw he may never outgrow.

full image

* violence & magic use always permitted *
Do not tag Caneo unless you are starting a new thread you would like me to see! Thank you!

Alune Posts: 65
World's Edge Seer atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Nova
Alune the Seer

Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

The soft chorus of bells reached the Seer, their delicate chiming filled him with a sense of joy and merriment that wasn't quite like anything he had experienced. It was light and airy, tinged in frost and snow that now fell from the sky. Soon, it had covered the land in it's pure grace, wiped the ground clean from it's sins. Sin's that it carried thanks to the blood and sinew of the equines both winged, crowned and the plain that called it their home.

Alune lifted his elegant head from the grass that he had been eating, the last inches of green disappeared between his pale lips. He had chosen to graze on the fringe of the Edge's borders today, and he was glad he had, he spied the silhouette's of many others making their way towards the source of the hymn that sang with the bells.

Out of the Edge itself, he spied the spotted Stallion at the meeting, he danced like an ethereal vision towards the enchanted song. Made of the very essence of the blizzard, with the finest obsidian gems placed reverently upon his glistening pelt, a crown of glass upon his brow.

A vision.

A mirage crafted from the winter nymphs of the north.

He looked in much better spirits than he'd appeared, where he'd hung in the back like a star devoid of it's light, warmth and serenity. Here however, he was dancing, swaying and moving like he was born of the very thing beneath their large hooves.

Mauja, he remembered, hearing the name given to the creature he saw before him.

He followed a short distance behind, himself a moonlit specter upon the wintry winds. Moving as though the wind made him lighter than air, nimbler than the zephrs upon their mighty wings. Diamond shards twinkled and glowed as they caught in the light and illuminated the silvery strands of his mane and tail. The long leonine tail trailed behind, silver streams of hair scattered over the blanket of white like a great cloak spun from the very essence of the stars.

Alune was curious, as much as he was excited by the hum and magic in the air, as to what caused this phenomenon. It didn't take him long to find his answer whoever, the spotted stallion had stopped on the fringes of a great tree laced with ice that sparkled, glimmered and exuded beauty that was beyond words. Truly, only the work of magic could enchant something so.
Underneath, was a great turtle and his ears perked at this discovery, lapis hooves stilled within the winter touched blanket. Had the aged turtle created all this wonderment? The memories passed from Oracle to Oracle had never seen such work. This would be cataloged within his expensive halls that were called his mind, nestled securely in his library.

When Mauja hadn't moved to join in with the festivities of the others, crowned brow furrowed in confusion and slight concern. The happy, weightless dancing and movements had stopped. Mauja had simply stopped and stared, like a wall of glass kept him from crossing into the warmth and apparent celebration that was about to commence. Slowly, he approached and came to stand beside the frost touched stallion, tail curled loosely around his hocks. Moonstone eyes shimmering with the lights reflection off of the white wonderland, filled with concern and warmth for Mauja.

"Need some company, my friend?" Starry neck craned to look back towards the gathering, if only for a moment, then turned back to the other stag.

No one deserved to be alone.

No one deserved to feel like an outsider looking in.

"talk talk talk"

Image Credit
[Image: QsJIY4g.png]
"I have seen the movement of the sinews of the sky,
 And the blood coursing in the veins of the moon."

force & violence permitted on Alune at all times
with the exception of maiming and death

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit
Cera
the Golden Prince

The time has come once more. 

Cera held no doubt in the caverns of his being when it came to the affairs of magic and the magical. He was a soul of faith and loyalty, and as such, every year found him traversing the lands alongside the gentle coaxing pull of gifts and gratitude. The Earth Turtle had lifted him from his wounded grief so many years ago, and though others of Helovia had finally been blessed with the chance to meet him as well, Cera would forever regard him through the rosen glasses of friendship that he had acquired that day before the shrine of the Earth. So when the soft jingle of bells met his ears, the Prince closed his eyes and reveled in the familiar sound. It heralded a brighter evening, one of hope, and gifts, and perhaps even the budding of new friendships. More than anything it would allow him to reestablish old ones, and he smiled like breaking golden sunlight, turning to allow the magic to pull and coax him down the branch path towards the crowd. 

They gathered, and he moved through them, wing tilting in greeting to Gaucho with a soft smile spared. Two young ones accompanied him, too similar to his Sultan's colors to be anything but more foals of his own. Cera soothed over the familiar, jagged ache, if only so he would not dwell upon it on such a joyous occasion. Ilaria cooed at familiar faces as they passed by, sitting tall upon his shoulder. There were many he knew, and he felt blessed to at least have acquaintances if not the close friends he sometimes desired. Twining through the crowd he caught sight of the excitable, grinning Maren, and felt his own lips lift higher in response. He trotted over to her, happily bumping his shoulder into hers and brushing his muzzle behind her jaw, blowing warm air happily across the shadow of her ear. 

"He blesses us often, I am glad to share it with you this time," he said warmly, though he reluctantly moved on towards the Turtle eventually. Just like the year before, Cera folded his delicate legs, tucked in his wings, and lay beside the grand creature once more. "It is good to see you again, my friend," he greeted softly, and sat back to watch the awed faces and festivities. 

OOC HERE
IMAGE CREDIT

Mentions @Gaucho and the girls and @Maren :P
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Enna Posts: 172
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 :: 5 ( TALLSUN ) HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Mehr :: Arctic Wolf :: None kels
and i know that none of it matters
It is a sense of trepidation that haunts your step as you quietly follow the crowd, despite the softness of the bells that call, the pleasantness laced within the air. Memory serves only to make you anxious of the moments to come, your heart pumping loudly, body tense, in anticipation of the danger that you are worried waits. It had been that way, every time something strange had popped up out of nowhere, there had been some monster (a relative term, as you refuse to be counted among the blind to the considerable atrocities your own gods had committed, ripping from these monsters from their homes, everything they had known, corrupted or not, in the name of so-called progression, for the betterment of Helovia—a taste that is still ever as bitter on your tongue) waiting to tear life from bone, from body.

As the sounds become clearer, nearer, seem to ring sweeter, more beautifully, a sense of wonder wakes within your reluctant heart. It is with this blooming sense of awe that your eyes widen as a large tree decorated in starlight and snow become all that you notice, the clamor of everyone dying down as you pause beneath its expanse, your head craned in an attempt to see the very top, entirely enchanted. For moments you admire it, completely speechless, before remembering that you are not alone. Somewhat sheepishly, your eyes scan the sea of (un)familiar faces; the spotted king, the elephant man, the boy and the memory of a girl that meant something to him, a girl that you could not save; your heart twists on itself, for him, her, for those that bear holes in their own hearts where she used to be. Before it becomes too much, you shift your gaze from him, desperately grasping for something, someone familiar.

His is not a face that you find, and that is met with the bitter sting of reminder, some vague sense of relief. Instead, it is your prince that catches your attention, the same wonder that grips you, somewhere beneath all of your inflicted sorrows; the star light reflecting something beautiful within the depths of his devilry, something that is seemingly all but forgotten. You are drawn to that spark, drawn to him, ghosting behind and along him until you find yourself against his shoulder, nudging him gently with your own, looking up to that boyish face colored with—for the very first time in your memory—something like happiness, if not forgetfulness.
as long as i'm inside this dream with you
image credits | coding by reli♥

mentions mauja, tembovu, mesec, erebos
currently standing @ erebos' side
merry christmas guys <3

please tag enna in every post
violence permitted barring permanent injury / death

Colt Posts: 68
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14 hh :: 5 years HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Dark

Colt feels like leader of some pity parade with her beaten up body and children tagging behind her. She feels like she's being looked down on, like everywhere she goes she'll be judged. The only reason she has gone so far from the protection of the forest is because she wanted to know what that absolutely infuriating sound was coming from, the soft jingle of silver carried itself in the wind, and had woven through the trees and into her privacy. Colt ground her teeth together as she marched out of the canopy of darkness, ears flat and belly still a little swollen from carrying two. She looked rough and worn with her slow healing wounds, her hip still looking disgustingly charred after her fight with the fiery ebony. Colt had commanded the children to stay, but she was aware that they may venture off, she just hopes she can find them again. 

She stops at the sight of fallen snow, brushed over the landscape only in a certain radius, encircling a large tree in the distance. This tree is flashy and new, the source of the excitement that Colt can feel bubbling in her bones from the crowd that swarms around it. Like moths to light they become entranced, circling and praying that they will be graced with a gift from this strange earth turtle. Colt does not admit that she is curious, taking purpose into her trot as greed hardens its grip on her will, pushing her forward. She gets closer and closer until stop. Her eyes catch on a flaming body, one she knows from the intimacy of battle, sweat and passion to protect his family, she shies away from such a beast. Colt would rather not show her face to the mongrel she'd lost to, for fear he will mock her pitiful performance. 

And it only gets better. Colt moves away from one haunting memory to the next, laying down her sights to spy on a body she knows almost every inch of, that she had tasted and worshiped months ago. She views the coal black hide with a distant expression, a willed detachment to the man who'd deflowered her, who showed her a whole other side of life. She moves from him as well, eyeing every horn and wing within her vicinity with a twitch to her lip. They were numerous and repulsive and it would be a lie for her to say that she did not want to make them all bow beneath her hooves. But she merely stands, watches and waits
"TALK TALK TALK"

HAPPINESS IS A WARM GUN

[Image: 5518a658038f0]
The Equine Empire wants YOU! Assuming you refers to an equine.
Join the movement.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Eldala Posts: 64
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.0 hh :: 3yrs (Ages in Frostfall) HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Capro :: Girgentana Goat :: None Goatfairy

ELDALA was on her way home after her time with Ivezho. She had enjoyed the young stud's company quite a bit. He'd been flirtatious without being fake about it and it had been nice to really converse with someone again(and speak about her home some). The youth wasn't sure what it meant, or rather what he meant, just yet though...She'd never particularly wanted a mate thus far but he'd made her consider what life might be like with one. Perhaps she could make an exception for him.

The sun had gone down by the time the pale mare set foot in the huge meadow she'd passed earlier that day and she was quite thirsty. She was desperately trying to remember where the river was that she'd seen when a lovely tinkling sound reached her ears. The fem stopped for a moment, head tilted, and closed her eyes. /Oh, how wonderful that sound is! It has been too long since I've heard music/ When she opened her eyes again a freezing breeze hit her face and brought with it the strange scents of many different horses. Both curious and confused, the hazelnut mare plodded quietly towards the source, ears perked. 

Hardly any time had passed before she began to see strange baubles on the growth around her. There were shiny ones and big ones and little tiny ones too! Excited she bounced about, bopping a few with her nose as she went. /A boop for you and a boop for you, and one for you too. Ahaha/ The small mare was all caught up in her fun that she nearly missed a spot where the scents became stronger. She stumbles and pauses, nose raised, before walking once more. A moment longer and she finds herself in a rather huge group of horses. Their scents seem to signal them as being from all sorts of different lands, though she recognizes a few as belonging to the Aurora Basin /What in the world is all of this? It feels incredibly special somehow./

Eldala, thinking that she might not quite belong here, stays a bit on the outskirts of the group but manages to see what the fuss is about. There's a rather beautiful turtle that reminds her of the ones in the ocean near her old home... Just... More special feeling. Everyone seems to be waiting on the creature for something and so she bows her head low at it, hoping her show of respect might be seen, and waits with all the others to see what will happen. 
Stock by ForsakeWolf and EquineUNL(will have these on the photo soon, just forgot)

(ooc:idk what happened to the middleish there with the font but it won't go back to normal. Lol. Thanks admin and Happy Holidays/Yule/Christmas/etc)

-Pixel by Niki-

△ All friendly/neutral contact is fine but no permanent injury/maiming/death △
△ Please tag me for everything you can, it helps me remember△

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

Word of a familiar spread rapidly through the grapevine causing quite the commotion in the meadow. Not being ones to be last to know Kiara and himself set out to see for himself that it was indeed the tortoise that had made another timely visit to Helovia. Fond memories came as the silver stag recalled gift giving, singing and a huge mutual gathering with zero bloodshed. Kiara of course remembered bits and pieces but for her things were cloudy as she was merely a hatchling back then. Eager to see what all the fuss was about the pair headed west with what seemed to be most of the Helovian population.

Working his way through the crowd with minimal difficulties thanks to Kiara's rather intimidating presence, the good ole tortoise was sure enough at the head spread Christmas cheer to all. A figure of the earth itself the wise turtle demanded utmost respect and courtesy for the kind generosity he chose to give willingly to those who came by. Bowing his mighty crown in greeting as his silver orbs locked with those of the turtle, the stallion spoke. "Merry Christmas and thank you." Simple words were the easiest and the most heartfelt to him rather than some long drawn out speech. He did not wish to bore the turtle to death so simple was exactly how he left it before moving on through the crowd to stand in wait with the others who had gathered.

Ciceron talks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: •• NOTES: Thank you to all admin <33 ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
Depression and misery lived within the dragonmare, though it was not strong enough to blind her from the festivities. With hard, unblinking eyes she watched as the realm transformed, as magic and joy and beauty touched the realm. Even in her numb existence, she could allow a smile to touch her lips, a sparkle to soften her gaze, a spring to enter her step.

Never far from her cousin, the dragonmare follows her lead; Amaris had never met this turtle god before, though she had heard of his generosity and kindness from years past. But no, she had been absent those years, first stolen away from the land when the wraiths invaded, then swallowed up by disease and misfortune - this year she would be here.

This year, her gift would be her presence, everlasting, by her cousin's side.

There was a crowd, a huge swelling of others, a gathering. Everyone seemed to hold the same goal - to look to the Turtle, to give him their respect, and then -what? Await him to shower everyone with gifts?

It felt wrong.. and yet, as Amaris leaned her shoulder against her cousin's in an act of silent solidarity and security, she found herself doing the same - bowing her draconic crown, humming a soft, friendly melody of greeting, and smiling as even her spirit-dragons, green and red in hue, burst into existence and echoed their song about.

Perhaps this was what they all needed; a reminder of how to smile, to enjoy, to live again.

@Tandavi because Amaris be right by you x
Daniel Schiersner @ flickr & larfsalot @ deviantart
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Grimalkin Posts: 50
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 4 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Whit
What have we here?

The antlered beast pondered curiously, watching as droves of citizens followed the magical display. The music, the snow-that-didn't-melt, even the smell that pervaded the lands could only have been cast by something powerful, something magnificent - which was everything that Grimalkin was attracted to.

So, at the risk of being just like everyone else, the great antlered beast followed the crowd, proffering a devious smirk to any who bothered to notice him, or perhaps a dignified dip of his crown to those he knew were his better. He recognised a few, horned creatures whom he had met and seen when he called the Basin his home - perhaps one day he would do so again.. If they would take him back.

Being sure to keep a wary distance from the eyes of Deimos, the deathly lord of the north, the chocolate steed paid his respects to the great turtle lord who would bestow upon them his kindnesses, dipping his crown in recognition of the higher power and even casting his own silent prayer to the ether - May the lord before me find me worthy of his gifts, and not his curse.

Viridian pools cast themselves about to behold the gathered then, and he so longed to learn more about who was here - who were they? Where did they all hail from? What had they learned on their walk through life, that he could use to better himself, to always improve and grow stronger? He didn't necessarily want to use them all - but he didn't want to have to serve them all either.

We all must start somewhere, he thought, with a smirk granted to himself, as he finally made the decision to travel north once this charade was over, and begin his journey to greatness again.
grimalkin

ali00p | larfsalot
on deviantart

please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
I write what I feel at the time
and hope everyone else does the same c:

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel
She fell, she hurt, she lived.
And through all the pain of her experiences,
she still had hope.

Life was finally looking up for a change and a glimmer of happiness was starting to be a consistent change seen upon the pale mare's face. Things with Kaj were still... complicated to say the least but she had not given up hope that things would work themselves out as they should. Hell she was not going to give up on something that felt so strong and as an extension of her wounded heart. While it was still upsetting to recall the memories of him turning away from her when she had bared her soul to him she tried not to think about that too often. Thankfully there was a new excuse in her life that was helping to distract her thoughts from those memories and it was all thanks to the little bundle of joy Hikari. Peering down to the little kitsune playing at her feet she felt a rush of pride for the little creature and its connection to her.

It was still odd to have this new connection to her mind that would receive random flashes of emotion such as hunger and thirst on occasion. She had heard that as their relationship deepened and grew those emotions would get a lot stronger and even be able to share speech. The thought was mesmerizing but she would have to deal with things as they came instead of worrying about the future before it had even happened. Lowering her muzzle to the little ball of fuzz she lipped gently at Hikari's fur affectionately adoring the feeling and the attention she received in return. "Time to go my little one." She said softly bumping Hikari back towards her neck where she would hopefully climb on up and find a place to sleep for the remainder of their journey. Having tucked a few large pieces of the crimson shell away for safe keeping and as a keepsake she would have to think of a way to memorialize the occasion for the days to come.

Setting out for home their course got altered by the migration of what seemed to be half of the herds into the meadows. Following along curiously her blue eyes settled upon the glorious tree that had been beautifully decorated. As she made her way closer Hikari peeped up to stare at her surroundings in awe from the top of her head where she had settled. As she continued to admire the decorations and the tree her eyes fell to that of the earth turtle lighting a kind smile upon her face. She remembered him from last year and had been so thankful for the gifts he had given her, this time she was just as happy to see him. It would mean that Hikari would get to experience her first Christmas Helovian style with all the colours and people around them as if should be. Moving over to find a place near the tree she tried to explain the best she could to the little fox what all of this actually meant.

"Talk."
notes; <333
tag;
image credits
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
Ashamin

The Haruspex was plagued. Even in this joyful time his mind was occupied, his thoughts swirling with chaos. All that had happened, all that had yet to happen, and here he was: wandering.

His companion led him forth; without Lochan's insistence, he likely would have stayed in his cave and moped. The evening with Rexanna had been so filled with passion that he could not forget, but having not seen or felt her since he had been given too much distance from the incident. Enough, that is, to second guess. What had that been borne of--passion? And what of his fight with Thranduil, had that all been rage? The emotions running high within him had lost control. After so long of being subdued, of struggling to even care, he found himself causing danger and hurt to others.

He just hoped, at least, that he hadn't hurt Rex. And when he saw her his heart lurched again, and he was reminded of all the time that had passed and how, perhaps, so little had changed within him. He saw her before anything else, moved towards her, wanted to touch--

But no. Her eyes were on another, her attentions focused. And it wasn't jealousy in him but maybe it was fear. Fear of discovering he had been a mistake, that he had misread their time together. So he turned instead to the turtle that danced with bells and lightness, the same sort of cheer that he was missing. And Ashamin followed his companion as he danced forward, so filled to the brim with a child's excitement that even the haruspex was forced to crack the fixed downturn of his lips.

Ashamin stayed at a distance, just watching. No good had come of his actions, not as of late. Perhaps it would be better if he didn't interfere just yet.

""

image credits

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Ivezho Posts: 71
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.0 hh :: 5 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Zhoroakah :: Wedge-tailed Eagle :: None Whit
Ivezho
Magic. Ivezho knew it well, for it pulsed through his veins every day. He was an ember, a beacon, a light in the darkness - his blood was magic. Through emerald irises he saw the world turn, the season of celebration begin. Times had been hard and dark, troubled with blood and war and corruption, so much so that even his natural glow could not lift the shade, the cover of darkness - but something else could.

This could.

It was a season of giving, of forgiveness, of love and life and family.

Oh, I was a fool for ever leaving, he thought glumly, even as he saw his father flying nearby. Does he notice me? the boy thought hopelessly, praying, wanting to approach, but holding back - more siblings, he guessed, as the young fillies flew nearby, certainly descendants of Gaucho, but not of mother, he mused silently.

Where is Rhoa? he wanted to know, but who to ask? Rhoa, please, he wanted to see his brother again, though their last meeting had resulted in him shouting at the dark-grey pegasus for being too passive, too dead.

Perhaps too easily, Ivezho allowed himself to become sidetracked, as he recognised the slim belle from the Rotunda hanging on the edges of the gathering. With a laughing greeting bellowed down to her, he landed with a dramatic sweep of his wings and trotted with his lengthy stride towards @Eldala , happy to see her again, if only to admire her pristine form in all its pure glory once more.

"Hey," he said as he approached, nodding to her before moving to stand by her side, and watch great turtle do whatever it was he did - it was an event as new and exciting to Ivezho as it was to his new sisters (who were swallowed up somewhere in the crowd with his father). The young steed longed to grow the courage to go forth and plead forgiveness, to rejoin his old herd and begin living for his family again - but he couldn't not yet, not now.

But maybe, just maybe, this event would give him the courage he needed to take that next step.

veerdesigns | larfsalot
on deviantart

please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts

Aeolus Posts: 100
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: 3 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

Excitement flooded through the young stallion when he just happened to overhear a few of the adults talking about the earth turtle making another appearance. Mother had told him the story of the last year when they had met him but to be honest he really didn't remember too much from back that far. Levex had been there with them which meant that they were either goofing around and not paying attention or they had found something else to occupy their rather scattered minds. This year was going to be different though, he was going to meet the turtle for himself and make sure that he remembered it all by himself.

Bounding along at a fast paced trot the boy finally grew bored with being earth bound and withdrew his wings from his sides. Running though the steps he had learned in his mind he counted his strides and shortened his stride before sinking down in his haunches and launching himself into the air. At first there were a few minor technical difficulties that sent him back to the ground but on the second try he was airborne. Pumping his wings like Kaj had showed him he drew himself higher until he was a good twenty feet from the earth before settling out to glide. This was absolutely the best! He loved feeling the wind beneath his wings and the breeze whipping his mane and tail back around him, it was just sooo cooool! There was still a lot he had to work on before he was comfortable flying too much higher than this but it was a huge improvement from being the sack of corn stuck on the ground and flightless.

As the crowd began to gather up ahead the colt went to make his landing forgetting to slow his pace down enough, sending him with legs flailing in all directions to try and regain his balance before he fell flat on his face yet again. Success!! Standing splay legged with his wings spread to his sides the colt was just happy that he had remained of his feet. Spotting his mother up ahead he folded his golden wings and took off to greet her and Hikari who he liked to think was like a little sister to him. He knew that technically she wasn't but since he didn't have one cause Kaj hadn't helped him out yet, he would have to make do until that day happened.
"Mama, Mama! I flew! I flew! And I didn't fall!" He called out proudly cantering up to her side joyfully super enthused about everything including the turtle.

Aeolus Speaks
Aeolus Thinks

•• TAGS: •• NOTES: Mother is Brisa for anyone who doesn't know XD ••

“The more you try to crush your true nature, the more it will control you. Be what you are. No one who really loves you will stop.”
Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: aeolus_pixel__commission__by_destrierdes...9g5emp.png][Image: aeolus_by_bronzehalo_d9gff3z_by_moonston...9ggy0l.png]
Avatar 1 by Destrier Designs, Avatar 2 by BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**

Ahvelyn Posts: 44
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 13 [Orangemoon] HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen

You see, it wasn't that Johnny was the only one I knew here. Because that wasn't true, I'd seen others around and there were a few familiar faces from the Basin. But damn it all if, somehow, that stupid candy pony wasn't the only one in this crowd that didn't drive me up a wall.

So with his colorful beacon pulling me forward, I felt a strange sort of bravery I hadn't expected. Not that I was ever a coward, no, but oftentimes I avoided the world because it was simpler. I would stay at the back, interact with no one. I would be silent, a shadow--more suited for thieving than anything else. But Johnny brought out the mother in me, and immediate subservience to my stern word was something I could get on board with.

Thus, he was the one that kept me by the giving tree that day. If not for his exclamation, if not for the welcoming temptation of his scent, I might have walked on by. But he was there, and so I was too. I moved through the quickly growing crowd with my hips set in a permanent (albeit now aching) sway and my eyes flashing with more excitement than I'd felt in a very long time.

I joined in Johnny's excitement, nodding at the sight before me. In all my travels it was by no means the strangest or wildest thing I'd seen, but it was a pleasant sight after the gloom of such bad weather in the Basin. "What a lovely sight this is, creature," I said as I sidled up alongside the gelding, the faintest of smiles creeping across my face.

Even I couldn't be grumpy on a day like that one.

@Johnny

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
Cirrus the WindDancer
What the..

Cirrus had never been here when the great Turtle descended upon the lands before. She had never experienced its kindness, its gifts, its beautiful and generous powers. From her place among the clouds above, she watched the lands transform, she heard the bell toll, she saw the crowds crawl and fly and gather to a central location within the great expanse of land that was the Meadow. Cirrus watched, and hesitantly, she decided to partake as well.

Wings bent until she was more streamlined, as the pegasus born for flying descended rapidly towards the ground. It thrilled her, to speed, seemingly out of control, towards the canopies of the trees that seemed to small from so high up, only to save herself at the last safe moment. It hadn't always been that easy - but her years of practice made it look just like that. Easy, she thought, even as her muscles pulled and strained against the forces of the wind and atmosphere to right her body.

With such a gathering, Cirrus feared maybe she would see those she knew - and her fears were realised as she approached, closer and closer, and recognised more and more faces in the crowds.

There was surely an advantage to one's coat being that of the weather? She never, ever looked the same more than once - but Cirrus was not so daft as to think those who knew her would not recognise her, for no others' coats reflected the skies the way hers did.

What would they do to her? Cirrus was as wild as the weather that her coat reflected - she could not be tamed, contained - surely they would not judge her at this gracious meeting between a mighty God and his mortal worshippers.

So Cirrus landed, amidst the crowd, looking only to the great turtle with her icy pools, recognising others but seemingly seeing through them, knowing they were there but choosing to concentrate on something else, something wonderful, something magical.

Cirrus would return to reality soon enough. For now, she would enjoy this crazy tradition, with the rest of Helovia.

Merry Christmas from me and all my characters!

blusl | larfsalot
on deviantart
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts

Murtagh Posts: 92
    Outcast
    Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 hh :: 2.5 years
    Sorellina :: Spectacled Bear :: None Sarah
    M
    U
    R
    T
    A
    G
    H
    WOW! Murtagh couldn’t believe his eyes! There was a light dusting of snow in the meadow and even if that was the only thing to look at, the only thing that was strange, and he would have been content. He missed the snow, he had been born into a world of Frostfall and still found the whole ‘green’ thing to be a little unnerving. It didn’t feel right, even though his parents assured him that Frostfall would come again. There had been a chill in the air lately but he didn’t think that it was this chilly.

The air didn’t feel any cooler, but there was snow alright and he was too busy being distracted about that - bucking and tossing it up and having a brilliant time before he realized that there was a jingling sound. Looking around, twisting in a few tight circles, his lavender eyes finally spotted the giant tree all lit up and shining with ice with the… not-bear creature near the tree. A bunch of others were moving closer and he felt in awe, suddenly wishing that his mothers were here beside him. Murtagh wanted to share this with them, more than anything.

He might have very well turned around to go get one of them if he hadn’t spotted one of his friends standing there, among those gathered. After that, it was only a matter of scrambling over, ducking around the forms of the adults, to find the pale filly. “Erthë! Isn’t this cool??” He gestured to the tree, as if he really needed to, eyeing those that she was standing near (and might have been talking to) before the… not-bear creature (turtle) caught his eye again.

“Do you know what that thing is?”  He asked in a hushed tone, not wanting to sound silly in front of the adults, leaning in a bit so Erthë could hear.  
    Image Credit
    table by Sevin
    [Image: 5626f07281a02]
    pixel by Kiara <3