[DROP] :: The Giving Tree ::

Zandora Posts: 85
Outcast atk: 7.0 | def: 10 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 HH :: 7 years HP: 60.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Evara :: Black Leopard :: None ShadowMare
Zandora
Yes, dear, I'm smiling
Inside I'm dying

Zandora didn't know who she was anymore. She wasn't sure what she had become, if she wanted to be someone, if she wanted to hide, or if she simply didn't want to exist. Too much had happened it seemed and she was caught adrift with the winds, like tumbleweed in a barren desert. So she stuck to the only thing she did know well, and that was traveling. Her daggers had brought her to the thistle meadow, a place that she hadn't visited much before.

It appeared that it was that certain time of the year where family could stand each other and gifts were given. Although she had never experienced any of these rituals, she had heard of the stories of "Christmas" or whatever it was called. Deciding that she would investigate, the sounds of bells ringing in her drums brought her to a massive gathering. There were tons of equines, an array of colors and body types and oh, just causally a massive turtle.

Ears perked forward as she made her way through the crowds of people, familiar faces dancing throughout the waves of other curious equines. Her sight was awed by the icy fortress of pines and snow, along with the chiming bells and spirit that seemed to echo throughout the place. Perhaps there was such thing as Christmas joy after all. A smile drifted on her face as she looked at the kind turtle, if only Helovia had more of these planted around, she would be a happier creature. But, happiness was never that easy.

"Talk?"

OCC: yay
[Image: 56a075b49df35]
No restrictions on things that can happen to Zandora, please tag in first posts only.

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
The Giving Tree Results
The Earth Turtle looks upon the majesty of the tree, watching as the boughs begin to shake with glee. Here upon this night gifts are bestowed, to young and old. This is the evening of a single star, shining above for those near and far. Though darkness looms and violence creeps, this night is protected by the one who keeps.  

The God of the Earth...

(Does not qualify with post count, giving tree post doesn't count: Aeolus, Lothiriel, Amani)

NYMERIA :: Circlet of Earth (crown of gold leaf and green stones)
DIFYR :: Magic (any kind)
ZANDORA :: amulet

to be continued....
These will be applied to your OOC prize record when this is over, so only post to record updates if you will be using a prize!
Trading can occur like normal - if you trade, both people need to post in the record updates

Mortuus Nox Posts: 187
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: Immortal HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Dressy
 His gray eyes looked around. He was in a very familiar place. He noticed something different though. There was a herd of horses traveling to this tree. He turned his heavy horned skull and started to follow he others. When he go to the opening there were many he knew, and others that he did not. What was going on with this weird event. He continued to walk through the crowd of equines and others alike. A sense of the world collapsing in on him took over has he tried to get away, but there was too many. Now had to stop and take a deep breath. Then he heard the bells ringing and it was the Christmas spirit filling the air of the magical world. He chuckled a bit feeling more at easy as he came to a stop next to a purple mare he had seen before. He smiled at her softly as he looked to brown and many different colored horses. What was going on here? He flicked his orbs to see if anyone that was speaking would know, or come out and say what was going on. His normal Grinch like self  had faded away to a slight joy. This was a wonderful sight that he had never seen before. If he were to get a gift then that would be ten times better. He was never given anything as a young boy, so this would be a new experience. He knew he just had to wait and see what the magic of Helovia had in store for all these souls gathering together on a wonderful Christmas day. He saw that some were receiving items, and some got a drop of magic. What would be in store for him? The thoughts pondered through his head as he looked to the odd creatures showing up to give these gifts.
Your fears have just become all to real,
because the devil at the cross road
wants to make a deal.

Please tag Mortuus Nox in all posts
magic & permanent injury is permitted excluding death.

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod

Wandering hooves and heart had brought him here, and curiosity at the growing group made him investigate further. Torleik saw no sign of Ophelia, nor many other faces he would care to see or converse with save perhaps Mauja and Serenity - but he neglected to approach. Neither Polkadot nor the apparently amnesic winged girl likely would want their own curiosity interrupted by his poor attempts at socializing. And what would he say to Mauja? 'Hey, nice of you to abdicate while I was gone and kinda screw me...but sorry for being gone and sucking at being a leader right then...'? That would go over well. 

There was...snow, and that brought a quirk of a smile to Torleik's lips, earning a pleased, cooing hoot from Irelyn. She was peering at some creature in the distance that everyone else seemed to be gathering around as well, so the rabicano figured he might as well join. Hell, why not? That was his motto right now after all, wasn't it? Approaching with slow, measured steps, he looked at the turtle and felt he recognized this creature from before. "I remember you. You give freely, without thought to receiving. Would that we all could be more like you," the Bloodskald murmured quietly to the creature. Perhaps he could manage a gift for Irelyn? Or Ophelia...

"talk talk talk"

"This winter breath, taste of death
Where iron meets flesh. we'll take it all"

Coding by Tamme with credits to Sevin | Art by Yewrezz
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Naerys Posts: 86
World's Edge Sleuth atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 3 :: Tallsun HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Petyr :: Bornean Green Magpie :: Ashen Rottie
WE ARE THE BEAUTIFUL MISTAKE

The girl didn't have a clue about what was going on but Alysanne seemed softer, calmer, more... approachable. Whether it was due to their conversation following the Riptide Isles mess or something else entirely, Naerys didn't know but she does know one thing: she likes it. So when her mother gently nudged her, encouraging her to follow, the yearling drifted easily into step behind her, trailing passionflowers with every lingering step. She follows, blindly, completely unaware of where mother was taking her; she is content despite her lack of knowledge, in part because of her desire for adventure. Finally mother was going outside the Edge with an infectious sort of calm, peaceful contentment. Yes, she'd left before during the girl's childhood but for as long as she can remember it had usually been tainted with some amount of anxiety or discomfort.

But there was also something else entirely that seemed to be imbuing them with a sense of peace and in the easy silence between mother and daughter, a strange though pretty sound tickles her ears. It wasn't a sound she'd ever heard before and though that might be cause for concern and caution, it does little to disturb the young girl. Within what seemed like mere moments, however, they arrived in the Thistle Meadow - a place she'd frequented already in her young life.

Yet it isn't as she remembers it. The tinkling sound of bells grows louder, shaking snow down upon the autumn trees and though Naerys has never been a fan of the cold there is only surprised delight brightening her features. Her teal gaze falls on a large turtle, standing quite majestically beside a rather... unique and sparkling tree. The girl's eyes widen with the joy of a child on Christmas morning, feeding on the giddy cheer filling the air. She continued to walk, despite the lack of focus on her mother so when the mare stops, seemingly abruptly, the yearling nearly collides into her mother's hip. Pulling alongside Alysanne, the girl keeps her gaze glued to the turtle and tree ahead. "Mama? What's...what's going on?" she asks softly, curious yet giddy with excitement. She only just resists the urge to dance a little in her spot.

SO I DON'T CARE IF IT KILLS ME TONIGHT
Image Credits

Mentions: @Alysanne

IN YOUR HEART SHALL BURN AN UNQUENCHABLE FLAME

[Image: 2PHncqI.gif]

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag naerys in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie

Sialia

I tried to sell my soul last night, it's funny he wouldn't even take a bite.

The time of year brought joy to many, including myself. It was time for cheer, time for family. But my daughter was no longer here, so I had no family with me this time round. I had no child running by me, with laughter in the air, and no worrying she would fall off the edge of a cloud.

Part of me missed those days. And I missed the easiness of it. I missed her. I missed my child, and I knew not where she had gone. What I did know was she was alive. I could feel it in my living breathing body. If she where to die, I would know. I would feel it in my soul, because with her I would die some as well, if not entirely. I hoped to see her here, in her innocence that she had stood with the last time. 

I arrive to the bells, the turtle giving his gifts once more, and bringing happiness to all yet again. I arrive with the rest of the creatures, seemingly arriving in masses. There is a sea of faces, I know many... Zandora, Mauja, Ki'irha... Even old spars. A shiver ran though me as I thought of the fire bird Gaucho, who yes happened to be here. But I was happy to see Glacia was here, and my eyes watch as she greets her father, and the turtle, but frown emerges from my face as she calls out to one of the bird brains following Gaucho and two fillies.

In some kind of motherly fashion I moved closer, concern etching my face. What was this new development?

"Speech here."
Tag;; @[]
Words;; Merry Christmas everyone!!!
Notes;;

Credits: Image by semper
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!

Grusha Posts: 56
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 17 :: 2 HP: 65.5 |
Nashoba :: Timber Wolf :: Paralyze ali
grusha

It doesn't matter, doesn't matter if I scare you
I only wanted, only wanted someone else's skin

Grusha was in agreement with her sister that flying at the slow pace their father had set was boring and frustrating. She tried not to let it bother her, but there were times when she'd glower at her father's flaming wings. Like her sister, however, she was unable to voice her opinion of the pace with her wolf pup hanging from her mouth. As soon as they landed she dipped her head down to place Nashoba on the ground then she turned her head to her father. "That wath tho boring, Pop." She said because she was finally able to express her opinion, however unwelcome it might be.

It seemed, though, that her father was far more concerned with something else and that displeased the girl. She snorted and turned to look just as he said that they would get gifts for being good. Well of course they had been good. They had rescued a mother wolf and her cubs. It more than made up for all of the little useless things they had killed, right?

Right.

But still. Grusha couldn't understand the concept of giving gifts away to whoever happened to show up. She would never just give random gifts out to anyone. Not ever. But she did like getting gifts, so she started to walk closer, but then her mother landed and mother meant food. Grusha hesitated, unsure if she wanted to keep going toward the ugly jingling turtle thing or if she wanted food after such a long, boring flight with dear old dad. In the end her stomach growled and she sidled up close to her mother, her head ducking under her Ampere's rounded belly so she could fill her own.

"."

Image Credits

Helovian Ancient
The Giving Tree Results
The Earth Turtle looks upon the majesty of the tree, watching as the boughs begin to shake with glee. Here upon this night gifts are bestowed, to young and old. This is the evening of a single star, shining above for those near and far. Though darkness looms and violence creeps, this night is protected by the one who keeps.  

The God of the Earth...

(Does not qualify with post count, giving tree post doesn't count: Aeolus, Lothiriel, Amani)

MORTUUS NOX :: passive magic
TORLEIK :: amulet
NAERYS :: small item
SIALIA :: amulet
GRUSHA :: passive magic

to be continued....
These will be applied to your OOC prize record when this is over, so only post to record updates if you will be using a prize!
Trading can occur like normal - if you trade, both people need to post in the record updates

Misael Posts: 97
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 HH :: 7 years HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Lazarus :: Melanistic Lion :: None ShadowMare
Let me in
I'll show you how the world really is

Love. It was a strange thing. His confession to Enna had been eating him up, questions poking and begging to be answered, although he knew that they never could be. It was just something he was going to have to accept, even though he didn't want to, Miseal had too. When would the world so easily offer up answers? Such things were always hard to find. Miseal never got things easily passed down to him, no. He had to work for the things he wanted.

Sighing, the beast stood still. Closing his eyes he let all thoughts clear his mind, focusing on the howls of the cool wind. It was good to be content, this rare moment of freedom resting his hurried thoughts. The sound of something was carried into his ears, it was a melody of some sort. Stepping forward, golden orbs squinted as a massive scene unfolded in front of him.

He wasn't sure what to think at first. So many equines in one place, all surrounding father turtle(or whatever the hell he was) it was definitely overwhelming. But as curiosity worked, Miseal had to check it out for himself. He was drawn into the sounds of bells and the silvers and blues of the turtle creature that loomed over all of them. It was a stunning sight to say the least, but what amazing him most is how many Helovian people had shown up. Perhaps, one day he would know all these people, but for now, he was working on it. Miseal would be a new man.

"Talk?"

image credits

Laedere Posts: 84
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 5 years old (Frostfall birthday)
Ardere :: Plain Dolphin Leviathan :: Boil Abba
Laedere was trying to figure out how Ardere wanted to go about this new adventure. There was a gentle lull to their movements, however it wasn't too much of an issue. They both seemed to be drawn to the glittering lights and the way that the snow was beginning to accumulate. It was different. Far different from the ash that had taken over her lands. The ash that had burned her. The ash which had caused an issue and left parts of her memories blank.

Still, she moved in closer and closer to where the snow was building. Ardere flickered off toward the tree, eyes flickering back and forth as she wove between the crowds of people which she found far before Laedere stumbled into the mass of people. She dare not speak. She keeps her wings pressed closely against her side as she tried to hide her wing. Yes, she didn't want anyone to see the hole. She just wanted to appear normal - to look as if she fit in. But, with Ardere (who she wouldn't give up for the world) and her strange colouration she knew that it was nearly impossible for such a thing to happen.

Carefully, she nods a thank you to the creature before her and then takes her place far off to the side of the tree. She does not wish to insert herself between the other creatures. She wants to just observe quietly, and take in everything. And, hopefully, no one will want to ostracize her for deciding to stay on the sidelines.
they say the good die young
but they never really tell you that they never die alone
image credits

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
Jiggling filled the air around the young gold and teal stallion. Curiously he followed the sound to a bell hanging from a tree. Snow fell from the musical ball. He smiled softly wondering where it had come from. Quickly he galloped easily through the open field before taking to the skies. He followed the sound, leading him to the Thistle Meadow. Silver eyes caught sight of the large crowd that had gathered below. A warm smile covered his rugged features as he looked for someone familiar. Rexanna's beautiful gold and white pelt sound out starkly among everyone else. Carefully he landed behind the group gathered around a large turtle. Ilios vaguely remembered the creature. He was sure he had seen the turtle when he was a child, at some point anyway.

Slowly he eased his way through the throng of bodies to reach Rex's side. Playfully he tried to bump her right side with his wing. He had missed her speaking to a massive stallion he recognized. "Hello Rexanna, and Tembovu." He dipped his large horned head in greeting, still smiling brightly. "I'm not sure if you remember me sir." He spoke to the huge buckskin and white stallion. It had been a very long time since Ilios had met the stallion in the Threshold. He grinned softly feeling relaxed as she stood beside his gorgeous friend. If only she would give him her heart; it would only be fair. The unicorn lady had stolen his own heart, with her gentle words and movements. She was amazing plain and simple.

Speech
Words;; 260
OOC/Tags;;  @Rexanna
Ilios
quote goes here it looks like this
/ image
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

I know that sound. It strikes a chord in my memory and without really wanting to I can remember standing with Ryuu, listening to the bells jingling while gifts were being given away by a totally selfless creature. It feels like it was forever ago, but it was really only a few seasons. So much has changed since then, though. Hototo and my dad died, Ryuu left, I started crafting ... I was a lot happier all those seasons ago before my world started to fall apart. I suppose those jingling bells should make me happy, but it only makes my heart feel heavy because the ones that were here with me the last time are gone.

There were already so many horses milling around by the time I got there that it was overwhelming. I didn't know who to go to, who to talk to. I saw Archi through the crowd, Gaucho was there with two fillies, Ivezho (who I had met forever ago) and Rhoa were there, but other mares seemed to be vying for their attention already. 

As I scanned the crowd I spotted Laedere, though it seemed as if she were trying to make herself as inconspicuous as possible. She seemed so shy and fragile and it drew me to her. "Hey," I murmured as I approached, and I offered the other mare a small smile, but then I fell silent because I didn't know what to say. The only time I'd ever really seen her was the herd meeting and when we'd both found Rift in the Threshold. "How are you?"

"."

Mother, make me
Make me a big tall tree
So I can shed my leaves and let it blow through me

aud pixel!

Katerina Posts: 37
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1 HH :: 97[8 in Helovia]
ShadowMare
You do not know heartbreak
Not until you've lived as long as I

So she had wondered outside the safety that was the World's Edge. Honestly, she felt like a baby who was scared of the world. Although she wasn't scared of it, she was indeed confused by how Helovia worked and what some of the things that lied within it's borders was. She knew eventually she would get over this wariness, but that could only come if she was to be brave enough to walk on foreign soils. So here she was, following the many creatures she had seen go this way. Katerina wanted to know why so many were headed here, but as the body of wrinkly, shelled, creature filled her view she quickly realized why this place was sought out. She saw hundreds of faces it felt like, so many strange markings and colorings encompassing such a small area she was sure the she just might pass out from shock.

Katerina walked around the beautiful place, silver eyes taking in all that the meadow had to offer on the cool night. She listened to the sound of music and the voices of those who spoke to the turtle. She sort of wanted too, but she didn't feel like messing with the hoards of equines, massive crowds not something she was too found of. She offered the creature a warm smile, giving her thanks for allowing her to see such a gorgeous place. Each day she ventured further from the Edge, Katerina was reminded how stunning the world of Helovia really is. There is far more too it then she thought, but she was happy to call this world her home.

OCC:

"Talk?"

image credits

Helovian Ancient
The Giving Tree Results

The God of the Earth...

MISAEL :: Normal companion
LAEDERE :: Magic (any kind)
ILIOS :: Band of the Tree (bracelet of gold leaf and green stones)
RANJIRI :: amulet
KATERINA :: Foal stats with magic

to be continued....

Jahzara Posts: 63
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 hands :: 6 Birdsongs
Xyroca

Jahzara

To force herself to get out of the World's Edge, at least for a little while, had proven to be doing wonders to the golden mare's mood. Her spirits were lifting higher with every step as she aimlessly wandered, having started off at a slow, cautious walk to a now bouncy and light trot. Without any particular direction, she found herself pleasantly humming along to the chime of bells that she only assumed were a part of her rather wild imagination. Swarming around something, horses of every size, shape and color watched something before them. A couple muttered words of gratitude, some others offered seasonal greetings of a holiday that Jahzara knew nothing about. As she weaved her way between the bodies, gently brushing past those that were returning to their every day lives, Jahzara stretched her neck to try and see what the commotion was all about.

When her eyes lingered on the turtle, a large grin spread from ear to ear with recognition. Jahzara had remembered this turtle! A long time ago, many seasons had passed since she last met the magical creature. "I remember you! Thank you for everything you've done for us!" She greeted cheerfully with a child's vigor, dipping her head down low to the earth with respect for the mystical reptile. Ever so patiently the appaloosa cross waited her turn, letting others go before her with a bright smile. For any familiar faces she offered a polite dip of her muzzle, a friendly nod for each acquaintance and friend.

"Talk"
'Lily - Hallucination'

Merry Christmas!

Force permitted against Jahzara, but please to not maim or kill her!
Please tag only in first posts!

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali
Evangeline
you always want what you're running from

It was hard not to notice the huge gathering in the meadow, especially with Tallis' dragon's eye view from the sky. His incessant squawking in her head was what made her give in and agree to go and investigate to find out what was going on. As they got closer she could hear the jingling and when she finally immersed herself in he crowd she could hear the murmurs of gifts. It made her sigh. Of course that was why everyone had gathered. It wasn't like everyone in Helovia would suddenly decide that peace and love were important and mix together for those reasons alone. There was always a catch.

Evangeline turned to leave, but Tallis began squawking once more and only was quiet when she stopped. "What?" She demanded through their bond, but she already knew what her bonded wanted. He wanted her to stay and get a gift. He wanted it to be something that she didn't want because it would go to him. "You're unbelievably selfish." She chastised the dragon as he landed heavily on her back. His claws pinched her skin in response and her ears tilted back.

'Just stay.' He said. 'I want a gift.' Evangeline snorted. 

"You can stay by yourself if you really want something." 

But the dragon snorted back and pinched her again. 'If its big I need you to carry it.'

"I am not your pack mule." Evangeline replied, irritated with her dragon and his selfish tendencies. 

'Of course not.' The dragon replied soothingly. 'Of course not.'

"."

and you know this is more than you can take
full image/stock credits

Parelia Posts: 210
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 :: 7:: Frostfall HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Penna :: Peregrine Falcon :: None Parelia
Parelia & Penna

Love is the irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired || Robert Frost
Parelia had been looking for her son, needing to tell him about his sibling growing within her womb. Fear prickled in her heart as she thought of telling her first born about his, to be born, sibling. How would he take the news? Would he be mad, or would he understand that she was finally happy? A sigh rippled from her lunges as she made her way through Helovia. She had to find him and explain what was going on and where she would be living. Along with worrying about Ilios, she was scared to tell Gull about him. She knew how much the Father hated unicorns. Since Ilios was half of his main enemy she was sure eh would hate her, or him. A shiver of concern rippled over her pale cream and white skin.

A saving grace distraction came to her in a jangling of bells and voices. Parelia hadn't realized she had made it so far North. The thistles were slowly growing thicker as she made her way towards the voices in the distance. Warm honey eyes soon found the crowd gathered around the turtle. Excitement filled her body now as she found the magical creature standing calmly among the horses. He always brought joy to the creatures of Helovia, so she wasn't concerned. She remembered last time he had appeared, and a smile spread over her face. Warm eyes roved over the crowd to rest upon her son. Ilios stood next to a pretty and tall unicorn she didn't know. Taking a deep breath she strode towards him. Once on his right she spoke in a calm whisper, "Ilios I need to speak to you after this." At his soft nod she smiled and turned to the unicorns he was speaking too. "Hello! I'm Parelia, Ilios's mother, it's a pleasure to meet you both." She smiled softly giving them a second to reply before dipping her beautiful head and slipping away from them. She didn't want to intrude if they were going to have a nice conversation, she knew what they needed to talk about could wait a little longer. She found a nice spot on the edge fo the group to wait for whatever joy she was sure to come.
Speech
Words; 375
Tags; Mentions Rexanna and Tembovu
OOC; Anyone that wants to join the thread with her and Ilios after this would be greatly appreciated lol. That way i wont have a thread with myself xD
[Image: 54a664c1065ed][Image: 542f83afbdf08]
Please tag Parelia! Attack at anytime

Gull Posts: 120
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 9 (Tallsun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Splat :: Royal Zephyr :: Phoenix Shady
Gull!
underneath it all, we're just savages

You’ve never been drunk, but this comes a heck of a lot close.

It is unclear why the peace-magic in this place seems to have had…shall we say, adverse effects on you, but whatever’s in the air here, it’s great. Tottering through the crowd, you shoot beatific smiles at anyone who will look your way. “’llo there,” you slur at a unicorn at the edge of the gathering, giving him a tipsy salute before stumbling into the press of bodies. “How you doin’?” you suavely direct at a pretty mare with a drunken wink. Oh, and best of all: Yum-my, you mutter to yourself as you pass a candy-striped stallion. He smells good enough to eat, and your muzzle comes dangerously close to that sugary-scrumptious coat before you are borne away by the crowd again. Too bad.

Vaguely, you wonder why all of you have gathered here, but you soon brush the thought aside. “Why are any of us here?” you muse to no one in particular, before guffawing at your own philosophical leanings. “Am I right?” you ask the nearest creature (which this time, happens to be a tree stump). Met with silence, you shrug, brush the gnarled roots good-naturedly, then weave along again. It seems that nothing can upset you here.

AND THEN.

Whoa, you breathe, craning your neck to look over the taller gentleman in front of you. “Why dincha guys tell me that there was a turtle here?” you practically squeal, trying to shove your way to the front for a better look. You beam at the old guy and his tree and his fairy lights, dancing in place a little—because why not? Right here and right now, anything is possible.

Gods, this stuff is good.

"talk talk talk"

Image Credits || coding by Tamme, tweaked by Shady

OOC: Drunk-o Gull is drunk.
Please do not tag Gull except for in opening posts or spars!

Einarr Posts: 113
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 hh :: 8 years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Time

Einarr

You feel the fire burning sweet within your skin
You're holding on to all the branches crashing in

When the Sultan and his brand new daughters left the safety of the sands, Einarr followed. The black warrior was spurred by curiosity as he followed the trio, but it did not take long for the pull of magic to catch his heart. The stallion had recently discovered the ability to electrify the ground, and so the thrum of new magic was still hot on his heels.

What was in the meadow, however, he did not expect. Landing on the grasses, Einarr followed silently behind Gaucho and finally stopped near him. The stallion did not look questioningly to his Khal, but instead lowered his head and watched all around him gather in awe of the tree and the turtle. The black feathers on his wings ruffled some as he watched, skeptical. How could this time of peace and giving be happening in the aftermath of all the death and chaos of the emergence of new lands? The bloodrider found this gathering strange, but he did not leave.

He could not leave.

Something was holding him here, but he was not sure what it was.

Lifting his head again, Einarr snorted. Red-brown eyes searched the meadow for his mare and his children, but he did not see any of them. A new feeling crept up his spine at their absence, one he did not recognize, but he settled on the fact that the twins, their mother, and their sister were still safe in the sands.

Even in this time of momentary peace and giving, Einarr still felt ill at ease.

image credits

if you bury me, i'll bury you
pixel by sourful

Areli Posts: 82
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 10 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 hh :: 3 (Birdsong) HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bee :: Grey Wolf :: None Shady

ARELI
Do you still believe in love, I wonder?

In the girl’s experience, crowds always seemed to mean that something interesting was afoot—and this one did not disappoint. Areli wasn’t sure she’d ever seen so many bodies packed into one place, not even at the herd meetings. What could this mean? she wondered with a flutter of excitement in her belly. Beside her, Bee’s ears pricked, also curious. With a quick backward glance to reassure her mistress that she would not go far, the wolf slipped into the throng to investigate.

Though the filly was by no means large, her size made her own progress much slower. Doing her best to avoid any jostling, Areli carefully picked her way across the snowy meadow, following her companion. From time to time, the pup flashed her images: a candy-striped stallion, the king who had come to collect Illy, Illy…Wait! the girl cried through their bond, and the wolf paused momentarily. Illy’s here? she asked, but Bee only sent her a hazy picture of the teal-accented boy again before moving on, much too interested in what lay at the center of this maze of legs to care about one silly sibling.

“ILLY!” Areli yelled aloud, hoping that her voice would carry above the din, “Are you here?” Eager to find her brother, her movements increased in urgency. Darting between couples and skirting past mothers and their children, she hunted through the gathering until:

“ILLY!”

For there before her stood her brother, looking as well as ever. The girl rushed up to embrace him, giggling in happiness. “It’s been so long since you visited,” she murmured reproachfully up at him. Still, she was beaming.

From up ahead, Bee sent her another image, this time of a turtle and a tree. Cocking her head in confusion, she looked to her brother. “Illy, what’s goin’ on?”

"speech"

Image Credit || coding by Tamme
[Image: areli_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgh47.png]
Icon base: Bronzehalo
Please do not tag Areli except in opening posts!