the Rift

[JUDGED] Pick Up Your Feet [Ashamin v. Auriel]

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
it was said that the blood of the stars
flowed in her veins
Our pitches melded together, two cries of agony in different keys, singing the same tragic, grieving tune. My own wail ended in a gasp for air, then a pitiful sob. My voice died into the day, leaving me with an insufferable silence.

Clouds of smoke blurred my vision, fading to the bright sheen of the melting snow on the ground. My breath came in rapid, heaving gulps, desperate for air, for reality. I tucked my wings close to my body, closed my eyes, trying desperately to calm the storm still lingering within me. My heart reverberated in my chest, and I was helpless to quiet it's turmoil.

The silence I experienced was ephemeral, gone as I struggled to my feet, casting a hard glare at Sparky as I rose. He still struggled with the effects of my magic, floundering in it's web. I was still unsure of what it did exactly, but I assumed it was painful. Watching him fall slightly wasn't enough for me, though. Watching the pain contort his face wasn't enough, either. In that moment, I wanted him to know the pain he had put me through in a purposeful attack, one that wasn't out of desperation.

He had dragged my heart through hell and I was more than ready to show him that smoke can burn, too.

I rose to my full height, shaky on my tired limbs, body glazed with sweat. I took a step closer to the stallion, rage fueling each step. 'You'll pay, you'll pay, you'll pay, you'll pay,' I thought, over and over again, the words lurking in my mind, giving me a predatory demeanor. I spread my wings out, my emotions primal, vengeful as I prepared to strike down upon Sparky once more, but he beat me to the chase.

His magic lashed out at my chest again, though this time it was different. It seized my heart with a quiet throb, dulling my senses with a contrasting, muted ache. I let out a small gasp, stumbling back from the smaller stallion and his companion, gazing at them with round, pale eyes. I tried not to slip on the slushy ground as I backed away from Sparky, moving slowly away from him. My thirst for revenge had been quieted by the sickening gnaw at my heart, his magic, that familiar swell at my chest. My primal bloodlust was over, for it was a mere flicker I had experienced when blinded by my emotional pain.

I truly didn't want to keep hurting him. This endless cycle of emotional lashings and heartache would keep going if I did. I watched him with tears welling in my eyes, a throbbing in my chest from the magic he had sent through my chest, and I stopped. All I knew about Sparky was that he wasn't afraid to hurt me, and I didn't want to be hurt anymore.

So I tucked my wings loosely around my chest, cradling the ache that stung my heart, and waited for his magic to dwindle away, to allow us both to escape, to forget each other's faces.

Never had I longed so deeply for the solace of pine trees and snowflakes.

1/1 closing defense
531/800

MMm not my best ;-;
tysm for the teaching spar jen!! I appreciate your input so very much <333

/ image
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pick Up Your Feet [Ashamin v. Auriel] - by Auriel - 03-20-2016, 10:10 PM