the Rift

A Place For A Wandering Soul [Joining, Leander, Open]

Lark Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Entering the Dragon's Throat, Lark felt like retreating back into her shell. What had she gotten herself into? Would she be happy with other creatures, both earth-bound and sky bound? The massive Pegasus she followed here seemed so sincere, so accepting. What if the rest of the herd wasn't so accepting? The femme's nature would be to run, and she was tired of running.
Lost in her thoughts, she followed the stallion, only to look up and realize she had lost him through the trees. She stopped and softly called, "Leander?" dished ears cocked and waiting.

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona
L E A N D E R

The soft white down of Frostfall had blanketed the land. Still, amidst the cold, it was a happy time. For he was bringing in his second possible recruitment to the herd. The sweet girl, Lark, was visiting the Throat now to meet some of the higher ups and hopefully seek acceptance. With his typical warm smile, the tawny charger meandered through the trees, eyes searching for the familiar sight of his home. In little time, he had reached the border to the herd-land.

The mare's voice called from behind him, back in the edges of the foliage. "Up here, Lark." Husky chords enunciated reassuringly. Strands of ivory forelock fell across his view as he turned back to look towards the pale lady. Hopefully the snow dusted lands of the Dragon's Throat would suit the amicable equine. "This, my dear, is the Dragon's Throat." There was pride in his voice, pride for the beauty of the place, even in the icy grip of Winter. And pride, as well, for the strength and loyalty of it's occupants. With a joyful look shot back at the pearly doe, Leander moved into a slow trot, guiding her further into the interior. "Kri! I have brought another newcomer for you to welcome!" He addressed his Matriarch with clear respect, though the phrase was cheerful. It was unpleasant to have to bother her so much, it seemed like only yesterday he'd brought Wuthering for her approval. Certainly, the leader had more important things to do. This was a chaotic time for the herds, and he often wondered how the stoic Sultana dealt with all of it.

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

K R I the R E S O L U T E
it's not the petty imperfections that define us, but the way we hold our hearts.

Slinking like a cat from the Oasis, I move forward at the beckoning. My muscles bunch and slide underneath the chocolate fur that graced my body during the colder months. I looked bulkier than ever, my normally masculine figure talking on even less of my feminine self than usual. My face, normally a gruff yet sleek appearance, was simply gruff under the thick coat for fur. Still, there was a sway in the swagger of my walk that was unmistakably female. Androgenous, maybe, but there was no doubt once you saw my movements that I was in fact just a powerful woman.

Because this, I was stronger than any male, or at least that is the thought I tucked myself in with at night.

Leander came into view, a golden beacon against the red sands with unmistakable chocolate wings. I let out a knicker that echoes against the red earth, before setting into a delicate trot that carries me swiftly over to the meeting place, my wings held sleek against my hide.

"Welcome home," I murmur softly upon my entrance, glancing with dark eyes toward the pale figure of the dainty mare that the soldier had brought home. "This girl looks a little small. Are you sure she's full grown?" I ask with a burly laugh breaking my charcoal stained lips. An unnaturally good mood had graced my mind this morning, and I leapt at the opportunity to show the hardened soldier another side of his Leader.

Venomxbaby, EveLivesey, humblebeez and ali00p