the Rift

[OPEN] te ma ruara, te ma re
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
but somewhere here in between the city walls of dyin' dreams
And they all came rolling in, like the thunder, like the tide, a gathering of noise and blood and warmth—hearts beating, lungs breathing, eyes bright and merry. Their exhalations rose like white clouds in the darkness, straining towards the distant, starry sky but fading before they came anywhere at all. And all the while, the bells kept on jingling, a sound so divine and so bright it made his heart ache

This evening, it never came at a set time. It always changed when it appeared, the magnificent turtle moving to some different calendar he could not, for the love of everything, figure out; he just came when he wanted, spreading a touch of winter and a hint of cheer, bathing them all in a perplexing sense of tranquility. There was no arguing. There was no fighting, no brawling, no old feuds called to life—just peace. Just.. a very peculiar sense of acceptance, of simply.. bobbing along where the stream took them, spinning in its warm, careful touch. Tonight, and only tonight, Mauja could trust in that feeling, in those steadfast hands carrying him safely through, without letting sharp rocks bump his knees or thorns snag him. Tonight, and no other night, and he closed his eyes so that he would not have to see the others who milled about, exclaiming in wonder, sharing quiet greetings and celebrations—so that he could be alone in his dark, warm peace, floating under starlight.

But they would not let him be—and why would they? He was practically shining in the crisp light, a white bonfire standing out against the dark backdrop, lost behind his eyelids and the white curtain of his forelock. A nicker ear-marked Mauja floated into his soft ears, and they flicked forward, and his eyes opened. The blue seemed nearly silver in the moonlight. The nicker had been kind, not at all angry and intrusive, a gentle touch, and as his gaze swiveled (and heart despaired at the throng of Helovians still pouring in; there were too many of them) it settled upon Mesec—the moon-child.

d'Artagnan's firstborn son. The unholy progeny of a mad doctor and a bitchy goddess.

He had seen Mesec on offhand occasions throughout the years—in the Edge and the Basin, he had tried to always have a kind smile for the boy when they met, and now, the roles were reversed. Tentatively, he smiled back, dark lips curving. Mesec had grown. Gone was the leggy, awkward youth sandwiched between d'Artagnan and Mauja at a meeting, gone was the bitter, hurt, questioning anger that boiled beneath the surface—instead, there stood a handsome stallion, whose smile and eyes seemed so much more at peace with the world.

Maybe he had found himself, or at least pieces of it; maybe he had made his peace with his past, and enjoyed life, now. Maybe he had a purpose, a feeling of belonging, of being needed and loved, a reason for his heart to beat.

And then, the moon-child looked away, back to the tree, to the gathering, to all of those who had enough strength of mind to simply pour in and chit-chat and smile at strangers and do all those things Mauja wasn't strong enough to do—so he remained rooted, surrounded by the chill touch of the night, and not the melodic laughter of friends, and their soft, warm embraces. Even Mesec, standing on the edges, seemed to belong despite the distance between them.

"Need some company, my friend?"

He's not talking to you— But as Mauja's white head turned, the Seer was looking at him, standing only a few feet away. Alune's eyes were strange; they seemed blind, if not for the way their focus was trained on him, reflecting the glow of the stars and the moon. They were .. warm. Concerned, even. They were staring right at him, his words playing over and over in his head (—a counterpoint to the depth of disappointment as Tembovu changed his path and headed elsewhere); friend, and the bells jingled and the Helovians laughed and maybe, just maybe, some of the tension fell from Mauja's spine. Maybe he was alone, only as long as he made himself alone. "Yes," he breathed, as if the word was sacrilege, as if it was a knife about to cut if said too loudly—as if it had the power to turn the world into glass, and shatter it.

He was afraid of Alune's eyes going hard and cold like stone, and his voice to grow scathing and biting, and laugh at him for his stupidity—he was afraid of being made alone.

But before anything else had the chance to happen, Glacia was next to him, her approach lost in the muddle of his fear and the press of bodies still tumbling in; her muzzle brushed across his hide, a tingling warmth left in its wake. Wordlessly he reached over to tug at her forelock, but she did not linger—her haunted eyes slipped past him, and the rest of her body followed, ambling along towards the turtle. Mauja frowned. That was not like her (—except you don't know her, do you?). "What..." he murmured, squinting after her, hearing her voice shear through the thrumming mess of sounds, shouting a name—Rhoa. It rang no bells, but she was facing the direction of Gaucho, and what Mauja presumed was his army of offspring.

With that many, he had to be a worse father than Mauja.

Slowly, his attention shifted back to Alune, but he couldn't quite shake the feeling that something was wrong. It showed in the depths of his eyes, in the shadow of his smile. "That was Glacia, my youngest daughter." And somewhere in the throng, he saw Sialia too, and the way she looked at their daughter, moving closer, and the unease he had been denying became a leaden, dread weight in the pit of his belly. His eyes swept back to Alune, trying to find them, lock with them; it was hard to tell where the Seer was seeing (hah). "Something's wrong," he said quietly, before disentangling himself from his spot and starting to skirt around the meeting, heading towards Glacia.

[ Title is nonsense. Tagging .. lots of people .. as this is a direct continuation of the Giving Tree, but up to you guys if you want to bounce in here or not ^^ @Alune @Glacia @Rhoa @Mesec ]
Mauja
the white queen
image credits
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
a light from the shadows shall spring

It was good to see that small smile, the slight pull of dark lips, on Mauja’s face. Even in the peace of the moment, Mesec’s heart wrenched at the memory of the last time he had seen the spotted unicorn - with the dead body of Aviya between them. They had both lost family that day and Mesec regretted now not taking the chance to linger and see if perhaps they could have found solace in each other. All he had thought about was escaping then, focusing on the task of bringing Najya to the Throat safely because it was easier to think of that than it had been to face everything that happened in the Labyrinth.

He couldn’t take any of it back now, as hard as he wished for the ability to reset and live that day over and maybe he could do things right and no one would have died, no one would have left.

To escape those memories, to return to the peace he had felt only moments ago, he had looked away and to the tree - to the gathering crowd. More had come, faces that Mesec recognized - drawing his attention from the beauty of the tree ahead and towards the crowd. Gaucho was there with a pair of young foals, a small smile on the demigod’s face at the sight. He wondered idly who the mother was as his eyes drifted around the crowd and picked out familiar faces from his past. A mixing of the herds, of the herds he had once been a part of - the Basin, the Foothills, the Throat. For the most part, everyone seemed to be gathering peacefully. Was it the magic of the turtle and the great tree? Or had everyone simply felt bonded by the recent fights with the gods. Herds banding together to defend their gods against those that had tried to invade.

When Mauja spoke, Mesec’s attention was drawn back to the area around him - eyes flicking just for a moment to the departing figure that was introduced after-the-fact as Mauja’s daughter. Mesec stood a few lengths away from the pair of unicorns, with the dark blue stallion he did not recognize between him and Mauja and likely the one that had been spoken to.

And then the tone changed, from introduction to uncertainty. Quiet as the words had been, Mesec was close enough to catch them. Something was wrong.

The question about just what was wrong died on Mesec’s lips - his mouth opened for it to come out but he closed it again as Mauja moved off. Silver eyes shifted for a moment to the one that had been standing with Mauja, wondering if perhaps he knew what was going on, but Mesec didn’t linger any longer to ask. Quickly, he moved to follow - keeping back about a length but alert and looking around to see exactly what Mauja was looking at, what had set him on edge. Nothing stood out to him but he trusted the older stallion’s senses, immediately feeling on-edge at the idea of something interrupting this peaceful moment with the crowd gathered.

image by Blu

my new favourite hobby appears to be involving Mesec in drama that has nothing to do with him ;D
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Glacia Posts: 111
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Name :: Snowy Owl :: None Nessie

God damn, why does it hurt so bad?

As I grew older, I had thought of the adventures I would have as an adult. The glory, the mystery. But here I was. Barely two, and I had already thrown it away, on him. The beautiful dark man, who glowed with warmth, who was heated by heatless embers, who showed me that fire could be fun.

But why does it hurt?

I am suddenly aware, so aware of where I am, and I turn my head, looking at all the faces I am surrounded by, and painfully aware that none of them are him. He still has not turned to look at the corpse that had called his name. But there are others, who rush foreward, towards their broken child. My mothers black and white face swims in and out of the crowd, her ultimate destination me, her daughter. My father pushes through, his glistening coat standing out against the rest, his eyes holding me and only me in them.

"Mom... Dad... I'm so sorry..." I said as they both get close enough to hear me, before turning away from them, and pushing forward, closer to him, hell I would make him see me. He was equally as responsible, and he would be just as accountable as I was. I would make sure of it. He wont be able to get away. I wasn't trying to be creepy, or weird. I just needed him, because I couldn't do this myself. He was going to be a father, and no matter how we tried to escape one another, we where eternally tied together through our childeren. There would always be that day on the Steppe, when it was just us, and it would either be a wonderful memory, or it would become filled with shame, but no matter what, the memory would always be there, and no matter how far we ran, or flew, it would always be there, because we had shared something, and it was pretty damn sacred.

"RHOA, TURN AROUND YOU FOOL. I NEED TO TELL YOU SOMETHING."

I hadn't meant to be so loud, but it was all flowing out, and I couldn't hold it in, it just seemed to explode from my chest. But I couldn't make my next words big, or loud, but to me they echoed louder than the rest. Because I then realized at that moment what this meant. "You're going to be a father..."

As these words finally escaped my lips, I slowed to a halt, and stared at him, my barrel moving rapidly as my breath seemed to quicken, and it took me a moment to realize I was crying. I was crying, and I couldn't stop. The realization was hitting me harder than before, and I was completely breaking down. In front of my parents, in front of him and what I assumed was his family, in front of strangers. Not even this happy event could bring me joy, because I was simply terrified. I didn't know if I had what it took to be a mother. I was so young, and yet this was happening. And I had no way to stop it.

I was a glacier, and suddenly I was no longer slowly moving. I was rushing down the mountain face, and I was destroying everything in my path. I was the titanic, and I had hit the ice berge full speed ahead, and I was sinking. I had no idea if anyone could save me from drowning in my fear. But it was seemingly impossible at this point.

"talk talk talk talk "

I HAD A HEART THEN
but the queen has been overthrown

full image

@Rhoa

I hope this isn't to much, or concieved as power playing cause I swears I wasn't trying to. >.<

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd
rhoa
        I WALK IN THE AIR, BETWEEN THE RAIN, THROUGH MYSELF & BACK AGAIN.
           To where? I don't know

Life is all or nothing. I am just learning that now.

I pick her out quickly. Even here, amidst all the chaos and flurry and greed and jabbering, she is still like an angel. She glows, though perhaps that is merely familiarity wafting off of her. At first, I am content to simply wait until the turtle has done his business, and then move to greet her. She stands by Mauja (who I have heard many stories of-), and I make note of this. I'll introduce myself - perhaps as Sohalia's son rather than Gaucho's and then I shall-

Rhoa-

Is there urgency in her voice?

The daydream facade shifts and fades away to something bordering on a nightmare. A coldness seemingly wafts across my chest and my heart, and I am confused in the most male-way possible; a woman is seemingly upset with me, and I have no idea why.

I suppose this is something I am supposed to just get used to. Though perhaps I am just wrong? Perhaps I just -

RHOA, TURN AROUND YOU FOOL. I NEED TO TELL YOU SOMETHING

Ah, no. That seemed quite clear.

I follow her instructions immediately. Only for a second do my eyes leave her, to look to my sisters. I wink at them mischievously, knowing that they will likely not care about my leaving. I move through the crowd, trying to find the most direct path to Glacia, but I am barred at almost every interval. Everyone is pushing and shoving and forcing themselves to the turtle to try and receive their gift. 

There are a hundred words resting on my tongue and my mind as I reach her. There hasn't been a day that I haven't thought of her - of our time together - with a fond smile. Her warmth and radiance seemingly brought my back to life. I might have just walked into the tundra, never to return, had it not been for her. But she had been there, and so I am here today. My life is tethered to her in a way that is precious and perfect, and I want to thank her for that.

But there isn't time. My life has just changed and I .. I...My breathing quickens. I'm sure that's a terrible response. I am not nervous or scared, merely trying to process, but I'm not sure just what it is that I am processing. Is it the life that grows inside of her? Is that what I should be focusing on? Or is it her?

I stumble to find the words, and my lips push together repeatedly but no sound comes out. My sea-green gaze is wide and hopeful, but still I stand silently. 

It is only as she runs away from me - from everyone here - that my lungs find the capacity to speak. "Glacia!" I call after her, trotting forward a few steps, but already she is several strides away, and moving ever faster. Shock and surprise now fills my gaze, and without thinking I turn to Mauja, the introduction I had planned still dumbly sitting on my tongue. "I am Rhoa.. I..-"

And that's as far as I manage to get.

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie

It seemed I wasn't the only one who noticed the sudden fluctuation in my daughters behavior. As time seemed to move faster, my pace quickened, motherly instincts kicking into hyper-drive. I needed to get to he-

I am within hearing distance, and she has seen her father and I making a beeline towards her. And so she turns to us, I slowing my decent to her as her mouth opens, and the words that come out bring me completely to a halt. Sorry, for what?

And then she is gone, pushing through the crowd, like we, her father and mother where attempting to do, and her voice is heard over the roar, as I keep trying to push towards her. She is calling out to someone, screaming, and drawing attention. It was a boy. She was upset over a boy. What had happened upon her leaving? Where had she gone? My sweet cheerful child was having an absolute melt down. The boy she was yelling at (presumably named Rhoa), was turning around and heading towards her, and making his own way hurriedly. 

And just as I am about to reach her again, I am stopped, mostly by her words that I just barely catch. 

I am going to be a grandmother. 

And like that she is gone again, before the poor boy has any chance to respond. Any chance to process. Was that what she was sorry about? He calls after her, his footsteps taking him only so far, but her crashing body is soon lost in the mull of others. My head is turned, watching her leave. I know right now it is pointless for me to follow her. I turn back to the Pegasus boy. My eyes travel him up and down. He was a nice looking stallion, and it was weird to see my daughters baby daddy in such an odd encounter. 

He starts to stumble into some kind of introduction but he doesn't get far. My ears slide downwards to my head. "I don't think either of us care who you are. I suggest you go after her and make sure she is alright. I do not think she wants to see I, or her father at this very moment...." My eyes are hard, cold even, and my voice low and dangerous. I was fuming, mostly at myself, but I was highly tempted to take it out on him. "After all, it is your child she is carrying."

I'm sorry Glacia. I want to make sure you are alright, but I think it's best if I didn't and this one did. 

And now, I finally turn to look at Mauja. A sad smile lifts my lips. He's different. Even since the last time I saw him. Or to be specific the last time I comforted him. "Well, I had hoped that our next interaction wouldn't be so... hectic. It is good to see you Mauja." My head once more turns to look for her body, scared I had missed it.

Base Code: Tamme    Art & Customization: Goatfairy
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!

Ivezho Posts: 71
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.0 hh :: 5 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Zhoroakah :: Wedge-tailed Eagle :: None Whit
Ivezho
The crowd swelled further, pulsing, and with each pulse, growing. For the creature of solitude that Ivezho had taken to being recently, the sheer numbers he saw nearly overwhelmed him - but he lingered, he held fast, to see the wonder that was the ancient, generous turtle before them.

A kerfuffle nearby turned his attention away from the great creature, he found himself watching his brother's form weave through the crowd. A small frown alighted upon his brow, concern evident as he nodded quietly to Eldala and moved off to follow. Their recent reunion had been heated, but they had resolved their relationship - Ivezho could only hope that his dark brother would accept his support, even if it was all he could do but stand silently by his side, a stoic monument of the shared bloodlines that flow through their veins.

So the beast followed his brother named for the same, excusing himself as he gently nudged his way around one soul or another, determined to make it to his brother's side.

He was close, so close, when the mare announced that Ivezho was to be an uncle.

The tall grullo paused in his step, surprised at the news. He looked to the unicorn who had made the call, looked to the others that were gathered. Glacia, he heard his brother shout, and the shout spurs Ivezho back into action. He swiftly closes what gap is left between he and Rhoa, and offers his maw through a gentle nudge against the dark shoulder of his brother in silent support, as the supposed mother of the mare (Rhoa's mother-in-law?) arrived and told him to go after Glacia.

Whatever happened, Ivezho would remain by his brother's side, a lanky giant, a silent guard, an attempt to show whatever support he could for his brother who was clearly a bit overwhelmed.

Awkward Ivez is awkward, standing by @Rhoa

veerdesigns | larfsalot
on deviantart

please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
I write what I feel at the time
and hope everyone else does the same c:

Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
but somewhere here in between the city walls of dyin' dreams
There was an urgency to it—to the way Glacia wove between the bodies, the way he wove through the bodies, with Mesec in tow, and the way that Sialia shoved her way through the throng—an odd star of a pattern, with Glacia at its center-point. Strange, how a single being, a single child, could bring so many together, spread to the corners of the world as they were: and yet, congregating here, moths drawn to a flickering, bright flame. Mauja's ears were slick to his neck, his eyes haunted and dark as he wriggled his way through the crowd, fighting to not scream and run everyone down.

It was what he wanted. It would be the most immediate way to fix the problem and make himself a path to his daughter, but sadly, it would leave him with about ten thousand other unsolved problems and a lot of apologies to make.

Something he didn't want to do, and besides, there was still that thing in the air, a deep sense of contentment choking the flow of anger in his veins, settling like a comforting blanket across his mind—an odd kind of belief that it would be alright, even if it took a little longer to get to her. Besides, she had paused, and as he and Sialia both were almost upon her; his shoulders perhaps bumped into a few more a little roughly as he wove through the crowd, intent on reaching her. "Mom... Dad... I'm so sorry..." What was she talking about? Being sorry about what? Being sad? Running away? How many of his stupid, stupid traits and defense mechanisms had she inherited?! Running away solved nothing but if no one had ever taught her otherwise—

Then she was moving off again, striding through the crowd, until a yell broke the tranquility for a split second—Rhoa, she cried for him again, and in the horde of bodies one broke the pattern. He came towards them, the final point in their odd star, a tall, lanky boy, dark gray or black, white legs, black barring, wings, very pleasant eyes. He seemed eager to reach Glacia, to reach them, the mismatched little group crowding around the panicked girl, and if not for the fact that Glacia wanted to speak to this Rhoa, Mauja could've suspected about one thousand different, bad things that had transpired between them.

But turns out, it was none of that.

"You're going to be a father..."

It was almost like someone had dropped a bomb on all the other ones gathered—poor Rhoa, looking stunned but not displeased, his silent wing-man who looked like an inverted version of himself, Sialia, struck into silence. Mauja just flicked his ears forward, fighting the urge to laugh at the irony of it all.

But then Glacia broke, and she ran, and Mauja hitched forward a step but there were too many bodies in the way, and not even Rhoa could follow—perhaps there wasn't enough space to spread those wings of his, or perhaps he did not know if he was welcome to follow her. "Fuck," he growled into the emptiness; what she needed was not to be alone, what she needed was comfort, for someone to tell her that it was okay, that everything would be alright, that she was loved and cared for and her baby would be, too. She needed someone to hold her tight and warm her against the cold emptiness of the night, someone to fight off her fears for her, and whisper encouragement in her ears when she needed to hear it. Mauja struck the ground, once, and the poor boy left behind attempted to introduce himself but faltered into a silence, in which Sialia struck like a merciless snake.

"Shut up Sialia," Mauja said wearily, his voice lacking anger—it was just an unfortunate choice of words, really, but he was too jammed in the head to think. "I care about who he is." Sometimes you were stupid. Sometimes you did things that would have consequences you didn't expect to get, or seemed unlikely. Sometimes, you just didn't think. Rhoa looked young, Glacia certainly was young. Who could blame them? And Glacia cared about Rhoa, or Rhoa's opinion, and Rhoa seemed to care about Glacia, and thus, Mauja cared about Rhoa. So, he reached out, to bump his plush muzzle against the dark horse's neck. "Go on, you'll be fine. She needs you, even if she's too dumb to realize it is okay to be afraid, and to cry."

But then Sialia was contending for his attention, and his pale eyes switched to her. Of course she was worried. Of course she was a crude bitch, and of course the trait was only further accentuated by her worry and care. But, if you asked Mauja, this was already enough of a fucked-up, difficult situation, and they didn't need to make it more unpleasant for anyone, now, did they?

And since when had he become a pacifier?

"Sialia," he said, some warmth overpowering his deep, profound exhaustion with all things that wrenched at your heart. "I hope you have been well."

[ @Mesec @Sialia @Rhoa @Ivezho @Alune ]
Mauja
the white queen
image credits
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Alune Posts: 65
World's Edge Seer atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Nova
Glimmer in the moonlight

Alune had lingered near the once-queen, quiet and thoughtful in his stance. He had offered to keep Mauja company during the giving tree, and so he had lingered when more had turned to the white queen. However now, it was his turn to look as though he was gazing through a window. Watching two families become one through the actions of the younger generation. The Seer would confess that he didn't know intimately the detailing of personal family life, and what it entailed, for his own life had been given to the public of Thal'Sharah. His entire youth had been forged by Gods and Goddesses, Queens and her Council as well as the priests and priestesses of the Halls he came to know as home.

His sire and dam had known that the moment they had gazed upon his hide, their idea of a intimacy had been shattered and reforged in the knowledge that their second son was not their own.

He could sympathize to a degree, in his wanderings of what emotions they must be facing, as well as what he felt he would be feeling if he was in a more frontal position. When the speckled mare tore away like the surf on high tide, the lunar stallion followed her with his gaze with veiled look of concern.

Alune's silvered gaze goes between Sialia and Mauja respectively, bowing his crowned head respectively to each. Then to the two brothers in front of them he turns his gaze, it settled on them for a longer moment as he assessed them and in the next breath that exhaled from his pale muzzle he nodded to them. Especially the one Glacia had addressed, he needed to go to after the mare and comfort her.

"If you're in capable hands, I can leave you in peace if you wish." He addressed to Mauja, offering the spotted stallion a warm smile. Despite his desire to keep the other company and see that he was more than a wraith, he also knew that he may be stepping on hooves with his presence and that was never his intention, these were matters of home and hearth.

Only shadows go where we are

@Mesec @Sialia @Rhoa @Ivezho
[Image: QsJIY4g.png]
"I have seen the movement of the sinews of the sky,
 And the blood coursing in the veins of the moon."

force & violence permitted on Alune at all times
with the exception of maiming and death

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
literally just a short 'he's leaving to go somewhere else' post but I wanted to make his departure official haha

a light from the shadows shall spring

As they approached the group with Mauja’s daughter, Mesec’s wariness lingered for a few more moments before he started to catch on to what was happening. Well, by ‘catching on’ there were a few things that were shouted that had made it incredibly obvious. After that, it was a quick jump to the realization that he had no part to play in this familiar affair. Just like what had occurred with Gaucho, Ampere, Zero, and Isopia after the fight with the Tiger God, Mesec was an outside. A witness at best - an intruder at worse.

The blue unicorn that had been standing with Mauja moments ago was also stating his intent to leave and Mesec had every intention of following suit when he heard it - a shout from Ampere. His heart leapt at her voice despite the tones it held. There may not be any threat here with Mauja and his family but there may be one across the clearing with another one of his friends.

After attempting to make eye contact with Mauja to give a quick smile and nod of farewell, Mesec turned and left the crowd of strangers. Concern over just what the blue mare was yelling about, loud enough that he could hear it over where he had been, was having a wary with the joy the thought of her brought. It was losing the battle too. Not that he wasn’t concerned, because of course he was, but that smile just wouldn’t be held back. She could be yelling about anything.

image by Blu
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times