the Rift

[OPEN] te ma ruara, te ma re

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd
rhoa
        I WALK IN THE AIR, BETWEEN THE RAIN, THROUGH MYSELF & BACK AGAIN.
           To where? I don't know

Life is all or nothing. I am just learning that now.

I pick her out quickly. Even here, amidst all the chaos and flurry and greed and jabbering, she is still like an angel. She glows, though perhaps that is merely familiarity wafting off of her. At first, I am content to simply wait until the turtle has done his business, and then move to greet her. She stands by Mauja (who I have heard many stories of-), and I make note of this. I'll introduce myself - perhaps as Sohalia's son rather than Gaucho's and then I shall-

Rhoa-

Is there urgency in her voice?

The daydream facade shifts and fades away to something bordering on a nightmare. A coldness seemingly wafts across my chest and my heart, and I am confused in the most male-way possible; a woman is seemingly upset with me, and I have no idea why.

I suppose this is something I am supposed to just get used to. Though perhaps I am just wrong? Perhaps I just -

RHOA, TURN AROUND YOU FOOL. I NEED TO TELL YOU SOMETHING

Ah, no. That seemed quite clear.

I follow her instructions immediately. Only for a second do my eyes leave her, to look to my sisters. I wink at them mischievously, knowing that they will likely not care about my leaving. I move through the crowd, trying to find the most direct path to Glacia, but I am barred at almost every interval. Everyone is pushing and shoving and forcing themselves to the turtle to try and receive their gift. 

There are a hundred words resting on my tongue and my mind as I reach her. There hasn't been a day that I haven't thought of her - of our time together - with a fond smile. Her warmth and radiance seemingly brought my back to life. I might have just walked into the tundra, never to return, had it not been for her. But she had been there, and so I am here today. My life is tethered to her in a way that is precious and perfect, and I want to thank her for that.

But there isn't time. My life has just changed and I .. I...My breathing quickens. I'm sure that's a terrible response. I am not nervous or scared, merely trying to process, but I'm not sure just what it is that I am processing. Is it the life that grows inside of her? Is that what I should be focusing on? Or is it her?

I stumble to find the words, and my lips push together repeatedly but no sound comes out. My sea-green gaze is wide and hopeful, but still I stand silently. 

It is only as she runs away from me - from everyone here - that my lungs find the capacity to speak. "Glacia!" I call after her, trotting forward a few steps, but already she is several strides away, and moving ever faster. Shock and surprise now fills my gaze, and without thinking I turn to Mauja, the introduction I had planned still dumbly sitting on my tongue. "I am Rhoa.. I..-"

And that's as far as I manage to get.

Messages In This Thread
te ma ruara, te ma re - by Mauja - 12-25-2015, 05:23 AM
RE: te ma ruara, te ma re - by Mesec - 12-25-2015, 08:21 PM
RE: te ma ruara, te ma re - by Glacia - 12-29-2015, 06:33 PM
RE: te ma ruara, te ma re - by Rhoa - 01-02-2016, 05:06 PM
RE: te ma ruara, te ma re - by Sialia - 01-02-2016, 11:11 PM
RE: te ma ruara, te ma re - by Ivezho - 01-10-2016, 04:26 AM
RE: te ma ruara, te ma re - by Mauja - 01-11-2016, 07:06 AM
RE: te ma ruara, te ma re - by Alune - 01-12-2016, 02:42 PM
RE: te ma ruara, te ma re - by Mesec - 01-19-2016, 10:29 PM