the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! Keep On Wanting

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
She had been standing alone to remind herself of her independence. That she was strong. That she didn't need Quiylan beside her to show courage, to show strength. He was gone. He wasn't coming back. She would move on. She would find someone else who might love her - if they still existed in this world.

The giving tree was strange. But, she felt a renewed strength from being near it. And for that she was glad. However, the independence did not last long. Alysanne, her long lost sister… she pulled up beside her. The mare echoed Resplendence's sentiments of peace - though she kept a few feet between them. In fact, it was Archibald which had truly broken the independence. Her name fell from his lips before he gently touched his nose to her neck. There was a nod from him and she slowly turned her head so that she could look at him. From there, her eyes lingered down to the bitch at Archi's feet who was compulsively cleaning her paws. "Can I help Loretta?" she asked, Valiance swooping down to land about a foot from his companion - folding his wings and tilting his head. His tail swished back and forth. He was uncertain if the companion would attack him if he tried to comfort the malamute, though he felt the same desire to do so as Res did.

She didn't notice it, but she had allowed some of her weight to lean against Archibald. She stood strong, but pressed up against him. She did not know what was ailing him, or his companion, but if it was necessary she would bear some of his burden too. It was what she did. It was a silent show of support before she allowed her eyes to turn to Alysanne. "Aly… I've missed you," she says, voice filled with longing for her Moon Doctor sister. "Have you been well?"

@Archibald @Alysanne
:D
ALL THE LOVES

I'll see whatever doesn't make me stronger kills me
But it's gonna to be a long year till the hospital can find hope in me
Valiance
Image Credit
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

Loretta continued to lick at her paws, though the fervor for it loosened some from her mind. The cur did not know how to deal with her grief, and so it began to manifest in anxious ticks--the paw licking being the first thing to appear. In Archibald's cold heart, he did love. He loved his deceased mate. He loved his children. He loved his herd. Above all else, however, he loved Loretta. She shared part of his soul and he her's. They were bonded. They shared a heart and a mind. They were aware of each other's most intimate and hidden details.

One could not exist without the other.

"She is grieving her sister." Archibald spoke calmly, but his voice was laced with the shared sadness he felt from his companion. "Knox--my brother--lost his companion to the Tiger God fight. We buried her in the Falls, where she belonged." Archibald paused, aware suddenly of Resplendence pressing into his side. "I don't know what to do for her." He admitted, voice tightening with a sudden anger. The anger was directed at himself, for his inadequate ability to cure his companion's grief.

Archibald sighed, lifting golden eyes from his malamute to look on the familiar, ethereal body of his former underling. Alysanne.

Resplendence greeted the mare warmly enough, and Archibald simply composed himself. His face became stone and his posture straightened. The pegasus healer had chosen to stay in the World's Edge after the invasion. Archibald had not felt betrayed by the decision until he looked upon her face now, here in this Thistle Meadow where they all received gifts of Yule. How could the woman choose to live under the hoof of such tyranny? The Moon Goddess was a snake, a murderous woman with no credible alibi. The thought of staying within the misted borders made the Czar's stomach turn.

"Alysanne." He finally greeted her, chin nodding curtly but shallowly.

Archibald the Dauntless    
It's a long and lonely road, when you know you walk alone
DRAWING BY AEOLLE

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

Naerys’s warm body pressed against her, alerting Alysanne that the girl had caught up. She was giddy with excitement, practically dancing where she stood and Alysanne couldn’t help but laugh lightly in response. “It’s a giving tree, Nae. He comes to bless us with gifts.”

But the laugh doesn’t last long, her attention is drawn back to Resplendence. She felt at peace but it was delicate and she feared that it might shatter. The words from the other mare were sweet, Alysanne’s heart ached at the longing in her voice. A longing echoed in her own heart. “And I you.” She answered, truthfully, quietly - allowing herself to admit it for the first time since she had turned away from the Falls and went back to the Edge. She had written them all off - it was easier that way. Easier to embrace the anger than continue to crumble.

Though she did a fair bit of crumbling anyway.  

But if she could allow herself to melt just for a moment for Res, for the mare that she had cared for and come to love, she turned back to steel when Archibald spoke to her. His was the face she blamed for the entire invasion and time had made her certain the entire thing had been his idea. He had willingly invaded a peaceful home, attacked their leader with his fearsome strength, for a reason she did not understand. Surely if their intentions had been simply to vacate the World’s Edge they could have left as a herd and joined the Falls. Why did it have to happen with force? It made her sick to look at him now, to remember the battle, so when he spoke her name those green eyes darted away - willing to look anywhere, on anything but him. His name, or any reaction to his greeting (he did not seem too happy to see her either), choked in her throat and she merely managed a nod in acknowledgement of his presence.

For a moment, she looked down to her daughter that was standing next to her - dropping her wing a little bit to wrap it around Naerys - squeezing just slightly for a hug. All she wanted to do was take her daughter and leave, walk away from Resplendence and Archibald. She drew strength from Naerys though, taking comfort in her presence, and finally she found the words to respond to the pink mare’s question. “I’ve been fine.” The lie falls from her without much care. She might have told Res more, but she cannot with the mountain of a shadow there - lurking on the other side of her friend.

There are other questions she would ask but she only speaks one, sad green eyes finally looking back over to the pair. “How… how fares the Falls?”

happy is the heart that still feels pain
darkness drains and light will come again
image credits

@Resplendence

permission from Rottie to pp Naerys
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

The companion seemed to calm down, still licking her paws but quieter - less intently. Still, it was Archibald's words which she focused on. Grieving her sister... oh no. Another death. She allows her eyes to closer for a moment - understanding the pain of losing loved ones all too well. Gently, she moves her gaze toward Loretta and then allows a few words to fall. "Little can be done for her. Though, if the anxiety is causing too much distress I can offer a few herbs to help relieve it while she works through all of it." It is little condolence, but it might be able to help in some way as they struggle to deal with it all. "My condolences, Archibald. I understand the pain of losing loved ones all too well." Still, she sees how Archibald seems to have to compose himself once more as Alysanne appears near the pair.

Resplendence said that she missed the old Moon Doctor Companion. Aye, the painted mare said that she missed Resplendence as well. Still, the response to how she was doing didn't seem to be the full answer. It was one that seemed shrouded by the foal and by Archibald's presence.

The next question was that of how the Falls was fairing as of late. Resplendence manages a small shrug. "We are beginning to prosper once more. Very few healers - as always. Though, I do not know much of how the other ranks are doing.Are those who are still in the Edge holding up?"

Oh how she wished that they could be united once more. Working together to help heal those who needed it.

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Time the Dice Queen Posts: 144
OOC Account atk: 50 | def: 50 | dam: 50
Mare :: Other :: 5'7 :: 22 HP: 5050 | Buff: DROPKICK
Time
unarchived per request

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

"I believe any attempt to make her eat an herb will only result in some bloody teeth marks." Archibald sighed, lowering his muzzle to brush it between Loretta's shoulderblades. The bitch snarled, lips curling to expose her deadly teeth. Leave me alone, she grumbled mentally, but Archibald laced his kiss on her nonetheless. She needed the comfort, whether or not she would admit it to him, and Archibald gave it freely. The Dauntless was unmoved with the idea of showing the affection before these mares--they were both bonded, they both understood the necessity to be an emotional support for an animal they swore their life to protect, and it theirs. Lifting his impressive head once more, Archibald merely watched Alysanne as she greeted him with a nod.

It was her next movement, however, that made his blood run cold. The mare's wing shifted down to cover the foal, to pull it closer to her side. Archibald's lip tightened quite noticeably, and he spat his contempt toward her. "If you think me so vile as to hurt children, then be gone from this place, Alysanne." Archibald eyed the child some, tail flicking flies from his backside. Dark ears lowered into a darker mane, before he looked to Aylsanne's emerald eyes once more. "The Falls thrive." He answered coldly, molten gold eyes shifting with the offense he felt from the mare's actions.

Archibald was a warlord, a warrior, a behemoth. These things were all true, but even in light of these truths Archibald still held a code of honor, whether the world around him believed it or not. The Dauntless tightened the muscles in his shoulders, his weight shifting ever-so-slightly to touch Resplendence's dainty side. His gaze did not waver, however, from Alysanne's green gaze. "How are the lands of the murderous god you so delightfully serve?" His voice was flat, taunting. If she stood before him to act so pious for her choices of staying in the World's Edge, Archibald would knock her down brick by brick.

Archibald the Dauntless    
It's a long and lonely road, when you know you walk alone
DRAWING BY AEOLLE

@Alysanne

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

Her hug for Naerys had been misunderstood, black ears flattening as Archibald assumed it had been to protect the girl rather than because Alysanne was weak and needed the strength from her daughter to continue standing here. But she would not run, not this time, and her eyes were cold as they met his. “No, I would not think you that vile, Archibald, but I’ve seen enough of what you’ve done to be wary.” All she thought of when she saw him was that invasion, seeing him pick a fight with a mare much smaller than him. She had thought - and still did - the Falls had been innocent victims in that invasion. How much of a step would it really be for him, who had been known to be nothing but a tyrant in her eyes, to harm a foal? Or a mother as she stood near one?

Alysanne did not know Archibald well, but her small experiences with him had in fact painted the picture of someone who would harm her or her foal. However close he stood and how kind he was to Resplendence now, it did not change her prejudice that had been fuelled by the time apart.

His next taunting words did not inspire any more warmth in her gaze than the previous, though she softened and shook her head in sadness. “It was never about her, not for me. The Edge is my home, I didn’t want one that had been stolen from others and won by blood. She’s not bothered us yet... though the new members don’t fear her as much as they should and I fear the consequences of that.” They hadn’t listened, or hadn’t cared, about the deeds of the past. She was worshiped in that herd now by the multitudes of new faces and Alysanne knew she was in the minority. Still she could not inspire herself to leave that place, she had not come from a land where gods and goddesses ruled and she still found it difficult to give they such power over her life and choices. “No, it’s not for the Goddess that I stay, but for my family. My son last knew me to live there and I hope that is where he will find me when he returns; my sister has found me there and it was my daughter's first home. I don't serve her with delight. Do you think me so vile as that, Archibald? But I will not be scared out of my home.” She should watch her words, lest the Goddess hear and know her traitorous heart, but it was true. The deity was kin to the mountain lions and the bears - certainly to be avoided at all costs but manageable at a distance.

Moving on from defending herself about her decision to leave in the company of Evangeline and Thor on the day of the invasion, Alysanne looked finally to Resplendence to share other news - though it made her no less sad. “Still holding up. It's only me and Evangeline that are left from before now... Thor and Kahlua are missing, I don’t know if you knew. She was going to stay…” She knew the pink mare before her and the once-queen to be close and she hated having this news to share, but Resplendence should at least know. Or perhaps she had known, and had more information. Alysanne hoped that she had it wrong - hoped that somehow, Kahlua had been in the Falls all this time and they had simply just not crossed paths.

“And I’ve done a terrible job at keeping your… well, the garden in good shape.” Finally, a small smile then - rueful but a smile nonetheless - as she thought of how much her friend had loved that patch of earth and how she had failed utterly at touching it for a year.

happy is the heart that still feels pain
darkness drains and light will come again
image credits

@Resplendence
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries