the Rift

Grimalkin :: Whit

Grimalkin Posts: 50
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 4 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Whit
Masterpost [12.26.2015]:

Magic:
Summoning: Dark x Spark | When Grimalkin intones another’s name alongside an ancient verse, he can transport them to his immediate vicinity amid a shower of lightning that leave the faint scent of burnt hair in its wake.
Restrictions: Can only be used once per Helovian Season. Grimalkin must know the characters actual name to summon.
Upgrade: Dark x Spark | As above, can be used twice per Helovian Season.

Shadow Cloak: Dark | Grimalkin can cloak himself or one other in shadow and disappear from the view of others.
Restrictions: Very weak in full daylight. Extremely effective at night-time. Still has physical form, just a dark illusion. Effects last 15 seconds in battle.
Upgrade: Dark | Grimalkin can cloak himself and one other individual with his magic.
Restrictions: As above, applied to himself and one other.

Reader: Time x Light | Upon physical contact, Grimalkin can hear the current thoughts of another.
Restrictions: Can only hear thoughts as long as he has physical contact.
Upgrade: Time x Light | Upon physical contact, Grimalkin receives all thoughts another has had in their lifetime.
Restrictions: Causes severe headaches if done too often.

Companions:
Griffin : Any Class : Ice Blade
or
Melanistic Panther : Quantum Leap & Curse

Items:
Extra magic slot.
Extra companion magic ability.
Enchanted Armour: Amour collapses into rings that surround the base of his antlers when not in use. When activated, steel armour covers his body.

please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
I write what I feel at the time
and hope everyone else does the same c:

smitty the swift Posts: 22
Administrator
Mare :: Other :: 1 :: 1
APPROVED:
[Magic: Dark | Ability to cloak 1 being in shadow.]
Restrictions: Lasts 20 seconds, requires concentration.
[Magic: Dark (U) | Ability to cloak up to 2 beings in shadow.]
Restrictions: Lasts 60 seconds, requires concentration.

[Item: Companion Magic]
[Item: extra magic slot]
[Item: Extra companion magic]

[Custom Item: Enchanted Armor | Steel armor that collapses into rings at base of antlers.]

[Companion: Griffin]

UNAPPROVED:
[Companion: Melanistic Panther : Quantum Leap & Curse
Normal companions can only have 1 magic, and I added Companion magic to your list so that it can have one!

I am unsure about the following 2 magics: @Tamme @Odd
[Magic: TimexLight | Upon physical contact, Grimalkin can hear the current thoughts of another.
Restrictions: Can only hear thoughts as long as he has physical contact.
Upgrade: Time x Light | Upon physical contact, Grimalkin receives all thoughts another has had in their lifetime.
Restrictions: Causes severe headaches if done too often.
The base magic is okay, but the upgrade is too powerful!

[Magic: Dark x Spark | When Grimalkin intones another’s name alongside an ancient verse, he can transport them to his immediate vicinity amid a shower of lightning that leave the faint scent of burnt hair in its wake.]
Restrictions: Can only be used once per Helovian Season. Grimalkin must know the characters actual name to summon.
Upgrade: Dark x Spark | As above, can be used twice per Helovian Season.
This magic would require OOC permission, and would be of limited use in battle.

Tamme the Tempting Posts: 140
Administrator
Mare :: Other :: 2 :: 2 HP: 9001 | Buff: Admin
Tamme
The upgrade is definitely too powerful as one brain cannot hold all of the thoughts from all of a lifetime from all character's he's touched. He would have to choose to either do 1 character at a time and forget everything once he switches, or he would only be able to take random thoughts here or there.

Either way, it will also require permission outside of battle and in battle he wouldn't be able to get all thoughts.

I would almost say this couldn't really be used in battle? The second magic. Or, it would be limited to the dice rolls entirely. So a character could avoid/dodge being pulled closed to him depending on the realism and the roll, etc.