[OPEN] Am I really doing this?

Argen Posts: 37
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Equine :: 16 hh :: Four years HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Solomon :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Fire Breath Time
ARGEN
See the lightning in your eyes
See ‘em running for their lives
When Argen returned to Helovia, some part of him had told another part of him to join a herd. Well, that thought was fueled by Solomon. The dragon had been so happy when they were a part of herds, where he could interact with other companions and his bondmate could learn from others. The spotted boy was a body that could aid the warrior ranks of any herd, but as they travelled, Solomon had chosen the place full of mist and wonder. This was Solomon's decision, and Argen followed. They were a team, after all, and Solomon wanted this. Argen would not deny his royal dragon happiness.

There might be other dragons here! I can smell dragon-smell! Solomo chirped into Argen's mind, gliding on a warm rift. The reptile's bright, lightning yellow eyes twinkled with the thought of being able to join in hunts with other dragons and play with them in between the trees of this misted place.

The twins have dragons. Argen gave his companion a snarky reply, causing a short snort from the draconian maw. Argen chuckled, keeping his pace forward. While he would not deny the dragon a herd, he would definitely give the companion a hard time about it. It was his job.

Argen stopped short of the remnants of broken pieces of glass. Lowering his muzzle, the roaned man inspected it. Solomon dropped from the sky and landed on a smoothed out piece of glass the size of a boulder at his bondmate's side. What was this? Solomon asked, created a puzzled look from Argen. "Well I don't fucking know, I've never been here before you baffoon." He chuckled again, nudging his companion. Solomon gave him a disgruntled hiss, tucking his wings in to his massive sides. You're not funny.

[ARGEN WANTS TO JOIN THE EDGE, YO.]

We are the long forgotten sons
And daughters that don't belong to anyone
We are alone under this sun
We work to fix the work that you've undone
</style>

please tag argen in all posts

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
it was said that the blood of the stars
flowed in her veins
I didn't spend enough time in the Edge.

I felt guilty about that, for my mother had shown me compassion and welcomed me into her herd, but I barely did anything for them. I spent many nights sleeping in the heavenly fields and dreaming about my time in the Falls, I traversing bamboo labyrinths, and talking to turtles, but I spent so few hours at the Edge in comparison.

This fact prompted me to go back, to at least make sure they hadn't fallen apart since I had been gone. Their politics were shaky, and the herd seemed to have many like me who claimed its land but did not sleep under its stars. But I was going to be better, even if just to prove to myself that I could be.

After meeting a Dragon's Throat patrol once, I took it upon myself to patrol the Edge's borders. The Throat had themselves well put together, so I figured this was a good idea. I found patrolling on the ground to be time consuming, especially when you're just one horse. So I took to the sky. This proved to be a good idea, for a mile down from where I was there stood an equine. He was lingering too close to our wall for me to be comfortable with his presence.

I landed a few meters from him, approaching him from behind. As a protector, I could play the whole 'GET THE FUCK OUT,' act and get away with it, but he had a dragon. I was not about to mess with that. So I stayed relaxed, but on edge (ha), so that if he pulled any funny business I would be ready.

"What's up?" I asked, stopping a length or two away from him. I didn't offer him my name, nor did I ask for his. Truthfully, I wasn't interested.
/ image
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu
“Well I don't fucking know, I've never been here before you baffoon.” The King paused his grazing, dry grass sticking out of his lips as they curled in an amused, lopsided smile. The brazen and cheeky words from an obviously masculine voice piqued the Elephant’s interest. Thus far, sass had only come from his feminine acquaintances. Rohan, that handsome shaggy brute, had been quick to turn a joke. But never had outright insolence came from him. It did, however, come from this unknown man at the border— and the giant liked it.

Gradually, finishing his mouthful of grass, he raised his head and swiveled it toward the sound, dark blue eyes attempting to peer through the trees and mist. But it was useless, as yet another voice drifted through the murk— another voice he did not know. But it spoke with confidence and assurance. A small frown creased the black skin around his eyes— he had thought he knew all members of his herd by now.

Sweeping strides of ebony and ivory legs carrying him through the trees and mists, towards the unknown voices. And, abruptly, as the mist was wont to do, it parted, revealing the youthful winged mare, handsomely roaned stallion, and disgruntled bronze dragon. Equally abruptly, the large stud halted, brows raising at the eclectic collection of beings before him. (Would he ever learn to not be surprised in Helovia?)

Again, the amused smile turns up a corned of his thick, black lips as his gaze studies the trio. It lingers on the dragon, the black breath of the pegasus, and (irritatedly) on the remaining glass shards that he thought he had cleared seasons ago. The glass cleanup would be a never-ending project. Shaking his head, he returned his cobalt eyes to those gathered, low voice rumbling, “I am Tembovu, King of the Edge. Can I help you?”

@Argen

Please tag Tembovu.

Nyx Posts: 292
Deceased atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 11 HP: 72 | Buff: SWIFT
Dominus :: White Lion :: None Snow

The silver soldier has been a ghost on the outskirts of the Edge recently. As Mauja suggested, in the wake of Lace's death she took a small step back from her duties - not a complete step back, as she still patrolled the borders at night and trained her muscles to ensure they did not turn to flab in the wake of childbirth, but she kept largely away from the rest of the herd. With the exception of her foals, of course, the only lights in amongst her misery. Her new rank as General meant that she couldn't disappear completely, but she kept far enough away to give herself time to heal, to forget.

But it's been months now since Lace passed into the ether, and Nyx can be a coward no longer. She doesn't ache quite so much now, although his face still haunts her dreams. Time has started the long healing process, and whilst she still misses him like a piece of her own body, she can shirk her duties no longer. When the unfamiliar scent of rogue stallion reaches her, it strikes her as the perfect time to get back to work.

She breaks into a flowing trot, her tail a banner behind her. The stallion quickly comes into view - hot, of course, with a bronze dragon and a delightful assortment of language that would make the silver blush if she wasn't, well, Nyx. She isn't the first here - an unfamiliar winged mare and Tembovu have already arrived, and both receive nods from the ironheart before she looks to Argen and his bonded. Her own bonded is off hunting; just as well, as the lion is no fan of dragons. "Nice dragon," she says. Like an old friend, her bravado and sarcasm comes flooding back, embracing her, forcing a grin onto her face. Yes. Her duties distract her, keep her from thinking about Lace. She sees the bronze and tries not to think of Fajira, of him. "And I don't say that to just any man." Again the innuendo slides easily from her tongue, forcing the distraction of Lace from her mind - it's like a weight lifted from her shoulders, a vice unclamped from her heart.

"Nyx, General of the herd." She looks him over, wondering if he would choose to join the ranks of her warriors - ooh, it sends a shiver down her spine thinking of them as her warriors - and finds herself hoping so. He's a bit tasty, and more eye candy is never a bad thing.

A smile continues to tease the corner of her lips. When Nyx gets her flirt on, it means she must be feeling better. And that is a hell of a relief.

unicorn: iconian fonts.dafont lion: jonathan s harris.dafont

Other characters have permission to use magic/violence against Nyx at any time.

ARGEN
Pegasus Solomon alerted his bondmate, tail flicking behind him like a brilliant tassel. Argen turned to face the pale woman as she approached, head lifting as his amber eyes waved over her body. Unfortunately, he was left unimpressed. She was hardly taller than he was, and completely unthreatening. If she came to protect these borders, Argen felt sorry for their army. Snorting at her lackadaisical greeting, the stallion stayed silent. His eyes narrowed some and his lips pursed. Solomon hissed lowly, wings spreading some on his back to express his size. This woman was already annoying, and she had only uttered two words.

Thankfully, another approached them to save her ass. He was massive, like Argen grandsires. The spotted stallion's face softened some and his shoulders loosened--he hadn't even noticed he'd been tensing his muscles. "Argen. No title." He smirked some, and Solomon swooped toward his dun-marked back with a few massive strokes of his glorious wings. Together the pair dipped their heads to the king, all but ignoring the unimpressive female that had first approached them.

Upon another's hoofsteps, Argen raised a brow. Well isn't this a fucking party, he mused to his companion, who replied with a mental chuckle. At the woman's compliment, Solomon instantly exploded with pride. The dragon's chest swelled and his wings spread, scales glistening in stray beams of sunlight. He trilled a small song, and his lightning yellow eyes twinkled under the raining praise of the grey. Inwardly, Argen groaned at the draconian display, but as he eyed the woman he nodded. "His name is Solomon, and he is a preener." His suave mouth curved in a half-grin, amber eyes wrinkling in the corners some. Turning his attention back to the tall king, Argen tossed his blonde forelock from his eyes.

"Solomon and I wish to, er, join this herd?" The words seemed a bit confused--and they were. The pair did not intend to leave this herd in a few weeks, nor did they intend to rule it. Simply, they were tired of being alone. It was an odd feeling that bubbled awkwardly in the roan's fiery belly, but Solomon welcomed it with open wings.

[SORRY IM THE WORST.]

</style>

prissy
flowed in her veins
Oh.

I thought simply, raising my brow at the snort of the stallion and the hiss of his bonded. A partial smile slipped onto my lips, amused by the stallion's hostility. Was he taking my kindness for granted? It wasn't as if I had scared him. 'That's fine,' I thought, amber eyes glazing over the equine's (what's a boy to a princess crowned with both horns and wings? - a thought I did my best to suppress) speckled hide.

'That's just fucking fine.'

I stepped forward, blowing my smoky breath towards his face and his dragon. I tucked my head slightly, dark, curved horns catching what little light there was ominously (how lovely my horns would look in his neck - another a thought I tried to suppress). I was ready to hear what he had to say, to hear him then plead for forgiveness after I dig my horns into his neck.

But another showed up, one with more mass than I had ever seen on a horse. I glance to him, a violent gleam still lingering in my amber gaze. The King, huh? He was all that held me back from attempting to kill the equine. (He was almost trespassing, after all, wasn't he?) I shook in my place, frustration building within me, threatening to break the dam the King had put up. It did not help when the equine and his bonded bowed, disgusting me further. Due to his title, he deserved respect, but not me? Me - the daughter of the queen?

Soon the General arrived as well, a silver coated, night dipped unicorn. Her flirtatious words made me sick, and I couldn't but shoot her a desperate, questioning gaze. 'I don't trust him,' I tried to convey to the King and the General, although I doubted they were paying much attention to me. And when the dotted roan put forth a request to join the herd, my gaze grew more desperate, more suspicious.

I turned to Tembovu, (for he was the one with the ultimate decision) and shook my head slowly. "I am unsure of this one. I believe my mother - ah, Elsa, would say the same," I whispered to him, for his ears only, my gaze still glued to the equine. I did fumble on my words, knowing the King likely did not know of my lineage, despite the blue lock of hair that cascaded behind my ear in the same way hers did.

But I had come to find few in this land who did know of our relation.

/SCREAMING I'm so sorry - I didn't know I had a reply to do for this thread D:
/ image

Tembovu
“Nyx,” He returns the nod to the newly appeared General, who was quick to drop innuendos. There had been a time when such attentions given to another stallion would have inspired ire in the King, but now he found only amusement as the dragon preened before the silver soldier’s double-edged praise. And an outright chuckle escaped him at the suave curve of his mouth and grinning words.

In his amused distraction, he missed the threatening posture and murderous look of the black-vaporous pegasus. He missed the questioning stare given to Nyx, and the furrow of frustration on her brow. Instead, he nodded his great head, “Well met Argen,” bass voice vibrates with mirth.

Though he cannot miss the quiet whisper that tickled his ear from the distressed pegasus at his side. Brows first rise in surprise— Elsa’s daughter?!— before furrowing as the substance of her words sinks into his elephantine skull. Navy eyes, growing dark with uncertainty, swivel to pin her with his unblinking gaze which sliced through the black vapor growing around her face with each breath.

For a long moment, he studied her. To trust the unknown intuition of his Queen’s daughter? Or to trust the easy acceptance of his General? Thick lips purse in thought, before riveting his stare back to the handsomely roaned stallion. “Our Queen’s daughter has reason to mistrust you, Argen. Why is this?” His low rumble held weight in the question— answer honestly and carefully, lest one incurs the ire of an Elephant King.

@Nyx -tagging cause it's been a while @Argen

Please tag Tembovu.

The dragon's preening vanity reminds her of her lion, and the thought brings a grin to her face. It seems that pridefulness is not limited to felines, although the thought causes a wounded stab in her mind from Dominus. He likes to think his arrogance is purely his and his alone, like he has the sole monopoly on that emotion.

The handsome one seems to dismiss Auriel quite quickly, bidding the silver to furrow her brow slightly. In response, the winged warrior whispers something to Tembovu, and Nyx's muscles begin to tense. She can't hear what Auriel is saying, but she gets the gist from the furtive glances. She hasn't seen anything not to trust in the roan stallion (save for a lingering sense that he's slipped from many a bed in the early hours of the morning during his time, but she's not the sort to judge that when she's done exactly the same), and even though she isn't the most perceptive creature, she likes to think she'd notice if someone screamed mad axe murderer from their every pore. Her lack of perception is why she doesn't properly notice Auriel's glance to her. For someone who can spot the slightest weakness in a foe and exploit it, Nyx is remarkably oblivious to other things.

She looks to Tembovu, keen to see his reaction to whatever Auriel has said to him. Having not heard the words herself, the ironheart isn't qualified to respond, so she simply stands like a stoic steel sentinel and waits to see what unfolds. When the king speaks, it is apparent that Nyx's suspicions are correct, and indeed the winged mare does not trust their would-be new herdmate. Narrowed eyes are the silver's only reaction to this news, and she looks from Tembovu to Auriel to Argen with barely-hidden interest. If the roan turns sour at the accusation, then the General is here to...diffuse any potential situations, either with a witty quip or a stabby horn.

@Argen

ARGEN
Solomon's tail lashed back and forth, scales shining in the sun. He absorbed the steel one's praise with a gleeful glint in his lightning eyes. Argen wanted to roll him over into the glass, but stayed still instead. Mentally, however, he was stabbing at the draconian pride carefully. Sighing, Argen watched the winged woman throw glances at her superiors. He wanted to roll his amber eyes, her attitude toward him making his mouth taste like bile. She reached up to whisper something to the monstrous King, and Argen snorted softly, under his breathe.

"When at the border of a herdland seeking acceptance, and you're greeted with a pretentious 'What's up?', you don't garner much respect. I think her ego is ruffled because I did not indulge her by bending my knee and kissing her ass." Argen let the words simply roll from his mouth, amber eyes hard and staring straight at the winged female. Queen's daughter? No wonder she was so arrogant and bitchy. Shrugging his shoulders, the stallion turned his eyes up to the dark, regal blue of the the King. "You and your General were given the respectful greeting I gave because you seem to deserve it."

Solomon folded his wings again, lowering to his belly on the spotted stallion's back. He watched with interest, mentally absorbing what was happening through his master's mind. The words of the others were just mismatched sounds in his ears, but listening to them through Argen made perfect sense. The hybrid did not deserve their respect for how she had come to them. Solomon backed Argen fully, oddly for their relationship.

@Auriel

</style>

Kiuaji Posts: 40
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 9 HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Matanye :: African Crowned Eagle :: None Nova

we were born in the shadow of the crimes of our fathers

"My my, you're not doing very well for yourself, are you?" An effeminate voice drifted from the mist covered forest, it came in a balance of dry amusement and veiled mocking as the source of the voice finally revealed himself. He had stopped a short while away when the first of the greetings had been passed, along with the father unsavory words this roaned stallion had spoken before the winged one had dropped out of the sky. Kiuaji practically slinked out of the thickened tree line and sauntered to stand near Tembovu and the winged mare, head tilted to the side as his long tail came to rest, wrapped around his hocks like expensive silken linens. Gracious in his appearance, he played upon his ambiguity in his gender, to appear as an exotic creation, manifested from lands of sand and heat. However serene he may have appeared to this Argen, and his draconian company, the glimmer in his gem coloured eyes told a tale of mischief and mayhem.

The outcast that stood in front of him seemed highly strung, maybe some of his famous tea would relax Argen, whether he woke up from it again, who could say? It'd certainly teach him a lesson when he woke up in the afterlife ahead of schedule, and solve their troubles of having to deal with him. Alas, he knew Tembovu would frown upon poisoning a wanderer who sought sanctuary lest he too, find him too haughty to fit within the Edge.

Rather reluctantly, the poisoner mentally shelved his wolfsbane tea for a later date.

"Usually, when one comes to the borders of a herd they wish to join, it is wise of them to bite their tongue from returning less than appropriate pleasantries, no?" An eye is passed to Tembovu, then to the Queen's daughter and finally to land on the one that had introduced herself as a General. An odd thing to the androgynous stallion, since those of his homeland were usually not found in such position, but that was neither here nor there, this was not Dorobo — if a woman wanted to lead an army, who was he to stop her? While Kiuaji certainly lacked a healthy dose of generally more appropriate morals and opinions, he knew when it was wise to play the cards that would appeal to another in order to place himself in a better position. "It doesn't do well for first impressions, you see, especially since you've practically insulted the princess." He commented awhile later, the barest hint of a smirk upon his white lipped muzzle.

While he stood by what he said, a gentle snort escaped the feminine stud, there was one thing he did to an extent, agree on with the outcast, so he decided to air that as well. "Respect is indeed earned, you are right in that — however, when one is in a precarious position, such as yourself, seeking safety and entrance into a herd. Giving respect might just get you where you want to go."

Notes;; slides Kiuaji in here casually.

- KIUAJI -
image credit
[Image: kiuajipixel_by_abbie1234_d9nzm2x_by_drea...9nzm7u.png]

"let me shatter your frame of mind, my dear"

force & magic permitted on Kiuaji at all times
with the exception of maiming and death.

prissy
flowed in her veins
The King studied me, this I took note of. My pale amber eyes were flooding with concern, and I had to do my best to keep my features from displaying similar tepidity. When the King's gaze moved from mine to address Argen, this calmed me somewhat. He, at least, valued what I had to say. My gaze slipped to the equine's as well, hopeful in his response. I was expecting an apology (he did, after all, wish to join the herd).

But I was disappointed.

His words sank into my skin like venom from a viper. My face falls, my head shaking slowly back and forth. I was unused to hearing words that so blatantly degraded me. Even after I fled from the protection of my mother, I had yet to hear anyone speak ill of me in front of my face. In truth, my rage had boiled, and evaporated. I wanted to hold the broken stallion who stood before me, and whisper the rights to his wrongs in his ears.

He was very wrong.

I hesitated to say anything, for I felt the response was more so directed at the King than spat at myself. But another joined our gathering, one of a size that could rival only Tembovu's. For a moment, I forget about the equine before me to ponder how many more gigantic stallions lurked here.

But his words were directed at Argen, and so, my thoughts slipped back onto the spotted stranger. His words were of silk and malice entwined into daggers. He stood mostly on my side of the argument (if you could call it that), which I appreciated from the horse I barely knew. He called me the princess, a title only I had used for myself till then. I used it lightly, never out loud, and rarely to define myself, as I had lived the majority of my life as an outcast or a refugee. Even now, princess was a stretch. If anything, I was a lowly protector.

Although, I was coming to learn that I could be regarded as a princess, and so, in that moment I slipped dutifully into the role. I gave a grateful nod to the stranger unicorn, who I deemed no threat as he smelled of the Edge (and something else foreign to me, but I would have to ask later) before turning my attention back to Argen.

"I ask not for whatever warped definition of respect you crutch upon, but only to be treated with equal amounts of altruism that I have shown you," I spoke calmly, my smoky breath unfurling around my pale lips. I shook my head slowly, features clearly pained I had to say this at all. "Has someone hurt you? Is that why you cannot accept the very notion that pleasantry exists?" I looked away, a metamorphosis overtaking my body. I stood to my full height, and my features creased, showing the reminisce of the adult I could be, rather than the girl I chose to portray myself as. I did not wait for an answer from the stallion, nor did I expect or need one. I turned my gaze back on Argen, this time, it's pale amber tones looking especially malice.

"I would rather end such a trivial spat than mull over it any longer. However, I would like to request that you don't even think of kissing my ass, got it? I am Auriel, Protector of the World's Edge, daughter of the Queen and bane of your existence. Do you believe you could truly be a suitable herdmate, Argen? Could you show not only Tembovu, my mother, and Nyx respect, loyalty, but the herd?" I spoke, wisps of smoke unraveling around my lips, smoky lyrics forbidding and grim, a stark contrast to the usual cheeriness that usually rang in my melodies. I was desperate to keep the peace at the border, but I wanted to make sure this stallion knew what it meant to join this herd, to become my brother.

/ image

Tembovu
There were times to rule and times to watch. And this was a time for both. So, silent and impassive, he sat back and listened to the equines before him.

The irritated (and borderline slanderous) words of the spotted roan were spoken to Elsa’s daughter at his side— though they answered the King’s question fully and without deception. That far outweighed the insult of his words, to the Elephant. So he stayed silent, nodding his great horn once as Argen retuned his amber gaze to his own cobalt stare, affirming that his greeting to himself and Nyx had, indeed, been respectful.

A break in his impassivity was marked by the raising of brows as none other than Kiuaji appeared from the mists. In the back of his skull, he sighed in a combination of resignation and amusement— for who knew what sharped barbs his old friend would weave on that forked tongue of his. At least they would be entertaining, on that the Elephant could count.

And he was not disappointed, his the piousness serpent, tail wrapped as a silken scarf around his hocks, doubly insulted Argen with smirks and sophistication— as was his way. “Kiuaji,” a quiet caution at his friend’s alluding to ’insulting the princess.’ He bordered on outright affront, now. Though, the Elephant internally admitted, that his friend spoke volumes of truth in his contemptuous remarks to the roan; Argen might do well to heed his words. Though, with a glance at the red roan, he suspected his wounded pride would deafen his ears to the truth of the serpent’s hiss.

And Auriel, drawing herself up at the ascribed title of ‘princess,’ spoke words stolen right from the King’s mouth. “While it would be foolish of me to expect all who reside within the Edge to be like-minded and friendly with each other, I can expect a level of respect to be given to all herdmates, Argen. As you are newly seeking residence within our herd, this misunderstanding will be overlooked,” finally, his voice rumbled with the timbre of command.

And then he turns navy eyes in his masked face to Auriel, “If you are the ‘princess’ your words and gestures imply you to be, perhaps a more regal greeting would be wise the next time you meet someone at our borders.” A hint of amusement crinkled the black skin around his eyes.

He returned to Argen, “Is there a path you wish to follow within the Edge? Nyx, as she said, is our General, should you desire a warrior’s path.” He gestured towards the silent silver, who had been keeping some level of peace with her ominous horn and athletic body.

@Nyx

Please tag Tembovu.

The arrival of another draws the silver's gaze. He is unknown, although his easy rapport with Tembovu suggests he is a herdmember and not some randomer come to crash the party. Argen's response is sharp, to say the least, and the General files away the notion that he only offers respect to certain individuals for the future. If he does join the herd, and especially if he shows an interest in becoming a warrior, that fact may prove useful.

Auriel's response - revealing she is the queen's daughter, new information to the ironheart - is also filed away in the sanctum of her mind, to be dwelled upon at a later date. Tembovu's response is that of a king, diplomatic but firm, and Nyx's eyes flicker approvingly towards him. This is probably why she'd be shit as a leader, as her idea of diplomacy is a sleazy innuendo or a freshly-opened can of whoop ass for whoever slighted her. Her favourite elephant's personality is clearly more designed for the crown that rests on his head, and is precisely why Nyx prefers her position lower down the totem pole. Warriors, she can command. A full herd, plus random strangers? Not so much.

As Tembovu mentions her name, her ears ram forwards and her sleek muscles inch outwards just that little bit more from the svelte silver of her coat. "Yes, I am the herd's General. I do hope you'll choose to follow the path of the soldier, Argen." Healers, seers and the like are all well and good, but it would be a damn shame to see those delightful roan-clad muscles go to waste. Her eyebrows wiggle suggestively as she casts a dispassionate glance across the rogue's body, appraising, approving.

@Argen