the Rift

[OPEN] Am I really doing this?

Nyx Posts: 292
Deceased atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 11 HP: 72 | Buff: SWIFT
Dominus :: White Lion :: None Snow

The silver soldier has been a ghost on the outskirts of the Edge recently. As Mauja suggested, in the wake of Lace's death she took a small step back from her duties - not a complete step back, as she still patrolled the borders at night and trained her muscles to ensure they did not turn to flab in the wake of childbirth, but she kept largely away from the rest of the herd. With the exception of her foals, of course, the only lights in amongst her misery. Her new rank as General meant that she couldn't disappear completely, but she kept far enough away to give herself time to heal, to forget.

But it's been months now since Lace passed into the ether, and Nyx can be a coward no longer. She doesn't ache quite so much now, although his face still haunts her dreams. Time has started the long healing process, and whilst she still misses him like a piece of her own body, she can shirk her duties no longer. When the unfamiliar scent of rogue stallion reaches her, it strikes her as the perfect time to get back to work.

She breaks into a flowing trot, her tail a banner behind her. The stallion quickly comes into view - hot, of course, with a bronze dragon and a delightful assortment of language that would make the silver blush if she wasn't, well, Nyx. She isn't the first here - an unfamiliar winged mare and Tembovu have already arrived, and both receive nods from the ironheart before she looks to Argen and his bonded. Her own bonded is off hunting; just as well, as the lion is no fan of dragons. "Nice dragon," she says. Like an old friend, her bravado and sarcasm comes flooding back, embracing her, forcing a grin onto her face. Yes. Her duties distract her, keep her from thinking about Lace. She sees the bronze and tries not to think of Fajira, of him. "And I don't say that to just any man." Again the innuendo slides easily from her tongue, forcing the distraction of Lace from her mind - it's like a weight lifted from her shoulders, a vice unclamped from her heart.

"Nyx, General of the herd." She looks him over, wondering if he would choose to join the ranks of her warriors - ooh, it sends a shiver down her spine thinking of them as her warriors - and finds herself hoping so. He's a bit tasty, and more eye candy is never a bad thing.

A smile continues to tease the corner of her lips. When Nyx gets her flirt on, it means she must be feeling better. And that is a hell of a relief.

unicorn: iconian fonts.dafont lion: jonathan s harris.dafont

Other characters have permission to use magic/violence against Nyx at any time.

Messages In This Thread
Am I really doing this? - by Argen - 12-26-2015, 03:38 PM
RE: Am I really doing this? - by Auriel - 12-26-2015, 05:02 PM
RE: Am I really doing this? - by Tembovu - 12-29-2015, 02:41 AM
RE: Am I really doing this? - by Nyx - 12-30-2015, 08:46 AM
RE: Am I really doing this? - by Argen - 01-12-2016, 12:53 PM
RE: Am I really doing this? - by Auriel - 01-17-2016, 12:35 AM
RE: Am I really doing this? - by Tembovu - 01-17-2016, 02:17 PM
RE: Am I really doing this? - by Nyx - 01-18-2016, 02:49 PM
RE: Am I really doing this? - by Argen - 01-19-2016, 05:26 PM
RE: Am I really doing this? - by Kiuaji - 01-19-2016, 06:32 PM
RE: Am I really doing this? - by Auriel - 01-19-2016, 11:54 PM