the Rift

[OPEN] Do This Properly

Thantos Posts: 26
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 6.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.1 hands :: 7 Frostfalls HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
xyroca

THANTOS

My welcoming committee into the Dragon's Throat was much different than I had initially anticipated when I waited along the main land borders. Instead of being met by the Sultana I had met for only a moment prior, chased by gaurds or inspected by the Sultan, I was met by the only friends I had in the world of Helovia. Ranjiri had welcomed me into the herd without hesitation, even in the company of one of the warriors and Amani. Although I knew that Ranjiri had proven herself to be a valiant warrior on her own, from what I knew she was not exactly a high-ranking individual. It was confusing, really. I trusted her judgement, and I could only hope that her leaders would trust her judgement as well. But I still felt that sense of unease that I had not been 'properly' introduced with one of the leaders and welcomed into the herd by their approval.

It was this very reason that I was soaring the skies, well, mostly. At the moment I was also mapping out the lands and storing landmarks away to memory while also hoping to come across a fellow herd member. Truth be told, I was seeking to find one of the higher ranks. Not only did I want to know who my new leaders were, I wanted them to know that my loyalties were now tied to the Dragon's Throat. The last thing I needed was to be confronted by a leader or warrior simply because I wasn't yet recognized. The entirety of the herd needed to know that I was of no threat to them.

Disappointed in the fact that I couldn't actually find anyone yet, (though to be fair, I didn't even know who I was looking for) I resorted to the next best thing. As large, leathery wings beat at the air, I hovered for a few seconds. Just long enough to let out a call for anyone to find me, preferrably anyone of importance. The sound was something unlike any equine bellow, the grumbling roar of a dragon so powerful that smoke from my fire-breathing magic swirled out. Retrospectively, I hoped that no one would take my unique call as aggressive as it unintentionally sounded. But I couldn't help the way my vocal cords worked...

Slowly, I lowered myself to the ground, hooves and talons catching myself as I dropped the last few feet onto the sands. Fiery eyes searched around me, careful to look to the skies for anyone approaching. Now, all I could do was wait.

"Speaking."

Open to anyone, but he really wants to meet a higher up rank! @Gaucho @Ampere @Megaera
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

And hear the call "someone higher up", did.

Literally.

Fire bloomed and danced brightly upon Gaucho's wings as he soared high above. The oxygen here was thin, and it was not for pleasure that Gaucho sailed through the atmosphere. Aerial battles typically took place closer to the ground, but what if an opponent was forced higher? High enough, to a place where oxygen felt scarce? What if Gaucho could make muscles scream and burn, without even having to attack? What if he made his opponents body work against them? While it was true that many of the lands pegasi resided in his herd, certainly not all of them did. And the Riftian Wars showed that there could be attacks from almost any location. It should surprise none that Gaucho was thinking and training in this manner.

As Thantos' call shook the skies, Gaucho's dark ears perked forward and his gaze dropped. He allowed himself to fall about 10 feet to breathe more deeply, so that his attention could be focused on the giant flying below, rather than on the screams of his lungs. This was the one Ranjiri had told him about ... the warrior giant.  It wasn't often that Gaucho met any who were taller than him by more than just a hand or two - yet after the Rifts had opened up, it was seemingly becoming more and more common.

As the stallion lowered himself to the sands, Gaucho followed. On burning wings he descended rapidly, like a streak of browns and blacks and flame. It was only when he neared the bloody sands that his wings drew outwards from his sides, slowing his speed so that he could land with ease.

"You are Thantos?" Gaucho's words were rich and resonant, though still hinted at the fact that the Helovian common tongue was clearly not Gaucho's first, or preferred language. Still, his speech had gotten moderately better during his years here. "Ranjiri tell Gaucho about you. I Gaucho the Wildfire, Sultan of Dragon's Throat."

His antlered skull dipped slightly, revealing the gun-steel coloured snake looped around the rune-marked antler tines. On Gaucho's wither sat Vorsa, whose bright orangey-yellow body puffed up into a ball of fire, before returning back to smoldering feathers.

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Thantos Posts: 26
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 6.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.1 hands :: 7 Frostfalls HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
xyroca
THANTOS

Just as before, I was not kept waiting for very long when a massive shadow swooped overhead and visually announced the presence of a large winged stallion. Pivoting to face the burning Sultan as he landed, I nodded when he clarified who I was. I would be lying if I said that I was not surprised that Ranjiri had already alerted Gaucho about me, though I suppose I should have seen it coming. Respectfully, I dipped my crown low towards the stallion and lifted a single hoof in a makeshift bow before straightening up once again. My stance was tall and proud, a habit that I still had not shaken from my time as the Captain of the Guard in Urd. I never saw it as looking down on anyone around me, nor demanding any sort of respect. Rather, it was my own form of respect. To reflect such in my body language showed that I honored my company enough to want to present myself to the best of my abilities, a tradition that seemed lost to many of Helovians.

For a moment, I studied the stallion and his companions with interest. As a first impression, Gaucho certainly seemed to be the epitome of what a strong leader needed to be, with the battle scars to prove that he had earned every ounce of his title. The snake was quite unexpected, my instincts telling me to avoid her while he kept her nestled in his rack like a top hat. His burning flames reminded me of my own ember glow from my scales, and I almost missed the phoenix on his withers because of them. "I am. It is a pleasure, Gaucho. Forgive me if I have interrupted anything of importance, but I felt it necessary to meet those that I would be serving. I've only met the Sultana in passing, before I decided to find the Dragon's Throat. At the time, I didn't sense that she was particularly comfortable with me since I travelled from the Rift. I wanted to be sure that I would be welcomed here, and insure that I can dedicate my loyalties to the Dragon's Throat."

@Gaucho

"Speaking."