the Rift

[OPEN] [Hatching] Start of a Family

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
rexanna
& this'll be the first time in a week —
I watched the deer in silence as Ashamin spoke in a reply to me. It seemed shy and almost awkward and it only influenced my anxiety more. I shifted my weight in an uncomfortable stance as he spoke to Frost Fyre, my gaze locked down on the two deer that had just shared such an intimate moment. Lochan and Rakt. The names were beautiful, and I began to hope that perhaps our child would carry a name just as fitting. After Ashamin had spoken to the horned mare and her companion, I felt his gaze land on me. Lifting my head and ripping my gaze from the beautiful moment before me, I turned and looked to him, a light full of what had been passion from the last meeting was now replaced with almost complete awkwardness. I couldn’t hold his gaze for very long, and was thankful as the mare that had joined us obliged to Ashamin’s question. As she and her companion left the cave, I found my eyes landing on Ashamin once more.

I – I’m not sure how to tell you this, but I spent a majority of the time since our last meeting making sure I wasn’t hallucinating anything. It seems to be true, and I just want to say before I tell you that I hope this changes nothing between us. I hope tha – that you’ll stay beside me for it. I can’t do it alone.” I stuttered, eyes falling from his body to watch the deer once again. “It seems your family is about to grow even bigger, Ashamin.” A weak smile found my lips as I lifted my heavy horned cranium to let my blue gaze catch his pools of black in contrast. “I’m carrying your child.” My words ended in more of a hushed whisper, almost as if I was afraid to tell him.

I remembered the burning gaze that held mine during our spar, the bloodthirsty warrior that had fought me just outside these caves. I remembered the fear I felt in my heart at the scene, and yet the happiness and lust that had occurred from the bloody battle. I was healed now, but I ended up taking one thing away from it. A new life. My ears perked to him, posture suggesting that I would leave if he wanted me to. The only thing I wanted was companionship during this, considering how the last one turned out. I wouldn’t let anything come between me and this child growing healthy. I was stronger now, smarter now, I could protect myself us. So there I stood, in silence as I studied his faze awaiting a reaction.

"Talk."
— that i'll talk to you,
and I can't speak.
image credits
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
[Hatching] Start of a Family - by Ashamin - 12-27-2015, 08:34 PM
RE: [Hatching] Start of a Family - by Frost Fyre - 12-27-2015, 10:02 PM
RE: [Hatching] Start of a Family - by Rexanna - 12-28-2015, 01:40 AM
RE: [Hatching] Start of a Family - by Ashamin - 12-30-2015, 08:51 AM
RE: [Hatching] Start of a Family - by Frost Fyre - 01-05-2016, 04:18 PM
RE: [Hatching] Start of a Family - by Rexanna - 01-05-2016, 04:45 PM
RE: [Hatching] Start of a Family - by Ashamin - 01-12-2016, 11:21 AM
RE: [Hatching] Start of a Family - by Frost Fyre - 01-12-2016, 11:33 PM
RE: [Hatching] Start of a Family - by Rexanna - 01-13-2016, 01:53 AM
RE: [Hatching] Start of a Family - by Ashamin - 01-13-2016, 07:18 PM