the Rift

[PRIVATE] lost and found

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

I could tell by the look on his face, the change in his posture, the way his ears tilted back against hes head that he didn't like what I was saying. I couldn't take it back, though. I'd already spoken the words and, to me, they were truth. I couldn't help but wonder how someone, who was born and raised in the Throat, someone who was blessed with magic from the Sun God, someone's who's parents had both ruled the Throat at some point could feel like he didn't belong. How could I make him see what I saw?

I stayed still as he came closed the distance I'd left between us and shortly after I could feel the weight of his head against my nape. My ear twitched as he called himself an idiot, but I didn't disagree with him because maybe he was if he couldn't see what I saw. Maybe he was an idiot if he thought himself to be one. I let him keep talking and I smiled a little when he said that I had made the Throat my family. "Yeah..." I finally agreed. "But how many of them are your blood?" He had something that I would never have in the Throat. I may have been able to call them family because I lived with them, but I held no true relation to anyone there. "And you're a prince." I continued on. "They're your people."

"I've not felt like I belong anywhere all this time.. I don't know why I left.. I just had to. I had to see what was out there, I had to know if.. If I even could survive out there, on my own."

"That's... that's brave." I admitted because I didn't think that I would be brave enough to go off on my own to find out if I could survive on my own. Life was too easy in a herd where I had others to protect me when I needed it most. "To go off on your own to see if you could do it... and look at you... you look like you did well for yourself." I definitely didn't remember him being as tall or as well muscled as he was the last time I had seen him.

"No you're not." I finally said when he called himself an idiot again. Self degradation wasn't anything useful. "Tell me about what you saw?" I asked quietly. "What's out there?"

"."

Mother, make me
Make me a big tall tree
So I can shed my leaves and let it blow through me

@Ivezho

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
lost and found - by Ranjiri - 12-28-2015, 11:14 PM
RE: lost and found - by Ivezho - 12-29-2015, 09:34 PM
RE: lost and found - by Ranjiri - 12-31-2015, 02:07 PM
RE: lost and found - by Ivezho - 01-10-2016, 04:04 AM
RE: lost and found - by Ranjiri - 01-11-2016, 02:30 PM