the Rift

[PRIVATE] lost and found

Ivezho Posts: 71
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.0 hh :: 5 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Zhoroakah :: Wedge-tailed Eagle :: None Whit
Ivezho
He knew she spoke the truth, he knew it and he hated her for it. But even as she spoke she proved his point - what did blood matter, if no-one knew you? Didn't it prove his point further, that whatever blood flowed through his veins meant nothing - a stallion born of rape and force was just as likely to succeed in a world like Helovia, if he held the right cunning and wits. "That's exactly my point though." he said, though the fight had left his voice. "Blood means nothing, because if it did, then I've proven myself unworthy of it through my inaction, my absence and…" and everything else I've fucked up.

She mentioned coming to see the world for herself, and he felt awful all over again that he had left without her, that he had gone off to live and experience the world and left her behind, despite promising to take her on an adventure one day. He cursed himself, because at the time, it had been easier to assume that she was no longer interested, that she had other friends to be with, other interests to keep her from missing him. And well, she was here looking for a different friend, wasn't she? And that thought hurt him all over again, the thought that his friendship to her was not exclusive - but then, he knew, that was a foolish thought, for he had other friends (acquaintances, at least) as well, and he should never prevent another from ever wanting to form other friendships and relationships as their heart may desire.

It was so easy for her to invite him back, so simple for her to say the words, Ivezho wanted to believe her, to trust her, to hold her hand and fly over the sea that separated his homeland from the mainland, side by side, with no fear of the repercussions for his absence clouding his mind, filling him with doubt and trepidation. "I want to," he said honestly, simply, welcoming her comforting touch, but finding no comfort in it. "I'm.. afraid," he admitted, quietly, lowering his gaze to avoid meeting her own crimson pools. It wasn't easy for him; he felt exposed, challenged, and his immediate reaction was the cringe and turn away. But he held his ground, if only because she was his anchor to this idea - if not for her, he doubted he would have ever seriously considered returning home again, despite his brother, his father, and countless other siblings existing there.

@Ranjiri

veerdesigns | larfsalot
on deviantart

please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
I write what I feel at the time
and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
lost and found - by Ranjiri - 12-28-2015, 11:14 PM
RE: lost and found - by Ivezho - 12-29-2015, 09:34 PM
RE: lost and found - by Ranjiri - 12-31-2015, 02:07 PM
RE: lost and found - by Ivezho - 01-10-2016, 04:04 AM
RE: lost and found - by Ranjiri - 01-11-2016, 02:30 PM