the Rift

[OPEN] Anew.

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds

Like two strings to one’s bow, Caneo and I were invited into the soft fold of the Dragon Throat family. Again and again I’d been here, a beacon possessing too many shades of varying light, only to wind up saying the same things. Doing the same things. That repetition had become a cornerstone of my life… a ceaseless battle with the monotony of my own choices. But I was happy. Even though I’d bedded so many uncertainties, embraced so many lies, I was somehow whole, somehow more than I was when I’d first set foot on the southern shores. I’d come expecting to take up thrones that weren’t mine to keep and left with the burden of them riding upon my shoulders. The freedom that came with this new acceptance kept my insecurities at bay… that and the comfort of having a friend –of having Caneo- at my side.

As if I’d almost forgotten, I returned my child-like attention toward the dreamer as he mentioned his desire to remain in the south. His words felt heavy on my ears, indecisive somehow, and yet just as concrete and sturdy as the man himself. His eyes were trained on Ampere like they had been with me back in the Threshold, but this time there was something different, something I considered to be more guarded… or certain. I wondered if he would ever look at me that way- if I really wanted him to. But as he continued, my curiosities faltered, driven more by his request to become a spy. I smiled slightly despite myself and turned to study Ampere’s reaction to the idea of allowing yet another sleuth amongst her ranks. However, her answer was more or less what I’d been expecting, and her reference to Ghost was one that had not gone unnoticed. “I’m certain Ghost would be more than happy to receive you. She’s certainly not as elusive as one might think, just the opposite in fact, as long as you’ve got the talent for the task,” I stated good-humoredly.

Without any remaining reservations and with a much lighter heart, I offered Ampere a genuine smile. Making her acquaintance had been direction enough to continue building the life I’d started and left behind simultaneously. I wanted family, needed it. I’d simply gotten lost before truly finding out what it meant to those that called the Dragon’s Throat their own.

Before I’d even noticed the electric murmur of her magic or the glint of the metal key, Ampere surprised me yet again by tossing me the very thing that would always allow me access into her home. I felt both blessed and accountable for how my future might turn out now that I’d been granted her trust… “Always,” I answered quietly with a sincere gaze. But how long would always last this time around? I couldn’t run. I couldn’t hide from the things that I loved most… not anymore. Even as the azure-colored warrior thrust herself back into the skies overhead, I felt the need to thank her for seeing in me what only a handful of others had seen… and for giving me the opportunity to prove my loyalty once again.

I watched for a moment as she disappeared before turning to address dreamer with a devious smirk. Little did he know that we would be ascending to similar heights to cross the wide river that kept everyone else outside. We wouldn’t have to worry any longer about the defense mechanism designed to ward off intruders. We were family now…

Are you ready?

essetia
@Ampere @Caneo

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity

Messages In This Thread
Anew. - by Caneo - 12-28-2015, 11:48 PM
RE: Anew. - by Ampere - 12-29-2015, 03:50 AM
RE: Anew. - by Essetia - 12-29-2015, 10:38 PM
RE: Anew. - by Caneo - 01-01-2016, 07:36 PM
RE: Anew. - by Ampere - 01-04-2016, 12:21 AM