the Rift

[PRIVATE] Let there be Peace

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
I have loved so hard
that it broke my heart—
There is no answer to his questions; instead he loses her beautiful, yet fatigued, eyes to the crowd. He is mildly surprised that there were still others around— everything else had faded away when he was near Rexanna. It wasn’t the case for her, it seemed, as she searched the the surrounding equines. And she finds whoever she is looking for, as her probing eyes fall on someone; his own cobalt stare follows to find the culprit. A horse (no, a unicorn? was that a horn on his forehead?) of black and white, with russet on his shoulder. Ears tilt backwards, lips purse, and eyes narrow slightly. “Who is that?” The words are pushed from his lips be a new monster, one he had never encountered before. This was a different beast than his resident demon. This was jealousy.

But she is babbling an apology and saying she needs to leave. NO! His body screams him, a ripple across heavy muscles that want to make her stay. But that was as selfish as it was masochistic. There was no good coming out of this, only hurtful thoughts that were on the verge of hurtful words.

Yet she does not leave him, despite taking her eyes. Eyes that his will sorely miss. “Maybe next time we see one another, the circumstances will be different.” A long and low sigh escapes him, softening his face if not the tumultuous range of emotion in his eyes, “I hope so, Rexanna.” He voices her name tenderly, despite the regret and hurt in his tone. His neck twitches, begging him to allow himself a final touch, a last caress. But he is firm, unmoving, an Elephant statue. Though he does not walk away, for she must leave him. As it has been, as it will be.

The Elephant will stand alone.
—only to build me up
stronger again.
tembovu
image | table

@Rexanna

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
Let there be Peace - by Tembovu - 12-30-2015, 01:15 AM
RE: Let there be Peace - by Rexanna - 12-30-2015, 02:28 AM
RE: Let there be Peace - by Tembovu - 01-01-2016, 04:26 PM
RE: Let there be Peace - by Rexanna - 01-07-2016, 12:44 AM