the Rift

[PRIVATE] Holding Out

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
A S H A M I N
on his own

The dark stallion that approached screamed this: threat. Ashamin had somehow not encountered many dragons in Helovia, and the sudden presence of two that circled and clung to this stallion so protectively put him on edge. The part of him that longed for Lochan and Rakt was the same part of him that was glad they were home safe from this possible danger.

Then again, maybe Ashamin was simply being paranoid. It wasn't as if this equine had said anything unkind, wasn't as if he'd even cast Ashamin a frown. The haruspex's long tail snaked behind him through the grass uneasily, he struggled to steady his heart and helped it along with magic.

He had to focus, he had to reply. So "No one," he said eventually and with the faintest of smiles, the most subtle upturn of the lips' corners. "I've found myself tangled up in a Goddess' request, taking pain from magic is my task." My sacrifice, he thought. My lie. Because though he had promised the Goddess one thing (one thing that he would give her) he had accomplished, also, another. He had hurt Thranduil, a member of his herd, for selfish reasons alone.

Ashamin swallowed and exhaled, watching the faint puffs of white flit away in a cold breeze. "These," he said with a turn of his head to gesture to the healing cuts on his flank, "were a favor from a friend."

It hurt more to simply call her a friend than it did to walk closer to the stallion. It hurt more than anything. Ashamin extended his cheek for the stranger to touch, shaking off the alarms going off in his head and trying to avoid the dragons' gazes. This was his greeting, this was the gesture he'd been taught.

"My name is Ashamin," he offered informally, arching his neck back so his coal eyes cold find the stallion's. "Yours?"

(table by Tamme)

@Volterra

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
Holding Out - by Ashamin - 12-30-2015, 08:46 AM
RE: Holding Out - by Volterra - 12-30-2015, 09:02 AM
RE: Holding Out - by Ashamin - 12-30-2015, 09:15 AM
RE: Holding Out - by Volterra - 12-30-2015, 09:35 AM
RE: Holding Out - by Ashamin - 12-30-2015, 09:51 AM
RE: Holding Out - by Volterra - 12-30-2015, 10:13 AM
RE: Holding Out - by Ashamin - 01-04-2016, 09:27 PM
RE: Holding Out - by Volterra - 01-09-2016, 08:59 AM
RE: Holding Out - by Ashamin - 01-24-2016, 05:44 PM