the Rift

[PRIVATE] what becomes of curious minds

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

Resplendence had gone back to her regular space to sleep for the night. She didn't think that nightmares would plague her (for once) and Valiance was glad to know that her mind was not stuck on the what ifs of Quilyan's and Rue's existence. By now, the filly would be old enough to survive on her own. And… well… Quilyan could protect himself… if he needed her help he would have been here. He wouldn’t have left without warning her. He would have done something.

Still, it was Kaj who had made his way into her makeshift hut - wings pressing the fabric out of the way so that he could find his way inside without getting trapped in it. Valiance was the one who noticed his arrival first - eyes lingering upon the stag before he finally moved and allowed him to take his place beside Resplendence. Aye, it wasn’t his favorite idea, but he would make due with it for it gave Resplendence a feeling of peace that she had been struggling to find as of late.

He seems to press up against her, dragging her up against his flesh. She is still shifting through stages of sleep, and merely blinks her eyes a few times - to recognize his presence - and then curls up to share the body heat as the nights got colder. Her name had met her ears, but she hadn't truly paid much attention to realize that it had been said.

It was only when Valiance prodded her that she realized Kaj had spoken. Hazily, her mind began to piece together what he had said. Something about blocking away memories… and confessing love but not recalling. Saving someone from drowning. Confused, she tilted her head to blink up at him - the tiredness apparent in her gaze. "You did what?" she says, voice hoarse and quiet from the sleep before continuing on. ""Well… if you blocked your memories I am assuming it was… God Kaj." She still isn't quite wrapping her head around it all.

Valiance seemed to understand it a bit easier than Resplendence did, though. And, as if to explain it to the drowsy mare he took an image of Quilyan and her and hazed it over - making it seem far away and unreachable. Of course, it was only his imagination that made it so - and she could easily tell what he was showing (even if it was hazing and foggy). But she seemed to gather the point after that. ""I… I suppose you should explain that to her… something had to make you block the memories…" Still, she'd much rather just sleep then attempt to understand this at the moment.

Quietly, she shifts her body to press back up against him - closer and more protected - before finally saying, ""Can't we just sleep?" Her eyes start to fall closed again - finally accustomed to the glow of her mane and tail in the darkness of the cave creating a beacon for anyone who needed the healers.

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
what becomes of curious minds - by Kaj - 01-01-2016, 10:54 PM
RE: what becomes of curious minds - by Resplendence - 01-02-2016, 01:59 AM
RE: what becomes of curious minds - by Kaj - 01-03-2016, 01:48 AM
RE: what becomes of curious minds - by Kaj - 01-03-2016, 03:20 AM