the Rift

[PRIVATE] what becomes of curious minds

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit
Kaj
the Aurelight

Sharp cerulean eyes flickered over the reptilian figure almost dismissively, already knowing the creature would move beneath his might. Resplendence did not sleep well alone, and it was the prerogative of a companion to meet the needs of its bonded. Or so Kaj understood it. True to form, though clearly disgruntled, Valiance swept away and allowed Kaj his customary spot beside and around the brindled mare. He casts his attention away from Valiance dismissively, instead peering down at the blearily blinking golden eyes he sought. It was clear Resplendence was not firmly within the world of the waking, Morpheus still singing sweetly in ears that he demanded for himself. He would not be denied her attention, and he rustled his wing against her, feathers intent on tickling her flank and underbelly to coerce her into paying attention to him. His greed could be as intricate as it could be shallow, and he was like a child demanding its mother's attention, trying to coax her from sleep to hear his dilemma. 

Her exhaustion was meaningful, for Kaj was not heartless even in his selfish and unbound state. She was one of the few to inspire such emotions like regret and apology, but he could not allow her to slumber even as her words slurred and her breast sighed with deep breaths that tried to lull her back to dreams and away from him. Kaj could not allow that. "Yes," he said quickly if only to give her something to focus on, his wing rubbing and coaxing instead of tickling, beginning to grow exasperated with his beloved medic. He wanted her to listen to him. He was spoiled by her affections and attentions, and with no boundaries to speak of, he did not have the patience to wait for the next morning for her benefit. Though he at least stopped to think about it, if only because she did mean more to him than normal. 

"I requested Miykael to block them." As if that made any difference, but perhaps Resplendence would take more interest in the subject if she knew that her co-medic had been the one to enact such a thing. "I did explain, but she was quite...emotional." His voice slowed on the word, a mixture of befuddlement, exasperation and disgust. Not recalling his emotional attachment to her, it had merely struck him as...messy. Those emotions were so flawed and distracting, but he had summoned a great deal of guilt for making her feel so badly. She was his friend after all. But that only irritated Kaj further, for he did not like feeling guilty.

For a moment she distracts him, small body pressing closer, easily sheltered by his massive frame. Kaj dropped his muzzle to the curve between nose and cheek, a gentle and deeply affectionate gesture. But her words simply could not do. "Resplendence," Kaj whined cajoled, nose bumping and nudging instead of stroking to try and wake her up. "What if this becomes a permanent thing? It will be so tedious. Did I truly love Brisa? I do not recall the emotion. Do you think I could remember an emotion but not a memory? Res? Res what do you think?" Shook her gently beneath the barrage of his questions, glinting blue eyes peering down at her like a giant child. "I do not know if I can love her like this. I am not Other Kaj. We are not the same, and I may not desire the same things he did."

For a moment he froze, knowing that Resplendence as well had not seen the differences between he and Other Kaj until now. Fear sank into his heart and his grip grew increasingly tighter on her. "Can you still love me when I am not him?" His frame began to tremble minutely, wing tight and clasping all the way beneath her belly, an instinctive assurance that he would keep her from running. Possessive, childishly greedy. She could not run. She had to stay.

Resplendence
IMAGE CREDIT

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
what becomes of curious minds - by Kaj - 01-01-2016, 10:54 PM
RE: what becomes of curious minds - by Kaj - 01-03-2016, 01:48 AM
RE: what becomes of curious minds - by Kaj - 01-03-2016, 03:20 AM