the Rift

[PRIVATE] what becomes of curious minds

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit
Kaj
the Aurelight

She truly was like an exasperated mother, thin gold slits peering up at him almost balefully. Kaj merely stared back at her, eager and demanding. She held the answers that he so sought, for he trusted no others to be his moral compass, his emotional tie to the world. Resplendence had unwittingly become his Jiminy Cricket. If he were not so intent on squeezing her into consciousness, perhaps he would find a kind of enjoyment in that. Amusement if nothing else. Where Other Kaj had been tormented by his own morality, Kaj was now so free of it that he relied upon an entirely independent entity to guide his emotionally-derived actions. An ironic twist of fate, he thought gleefully.

But still there were more important matters at hand, like trying to figure out why Resplendence's first words were so disconcerting. Why indeed did he find Brisa's display insulting and irritating, but he was not so disgusted by Resplendence? He stared hard into the darkness, light provided only by Resplendence's glowing dust. Was she a more fitting Tinker Bell then? "You do not annoy me," he stated plainly, brow furrowing in concentration, trying to pick apart the differences. "I know you better than Brisa. Her outburst seemed both unsightly and disrespectful at the time. I know you deeply, any disrespect from you would go unpunished, and I know you are strong beneath your emotions." Was that an appropriate answer? I know you better so I wouldn't kick your ass for snivelling?

"It is not permanent," he corrected swiftly, with a cool nonchalance, an apathy that spoke of his lack of desire to release those bound memories. Whether she questioned him on it was to be determined, but Kaj did not value wasted breath like Other Kaj did and so did not share his thoughts freely on the matter. Tilting his head he thought back to Brisa, feeling around the cottony thick edges of the memories he'd blocked of her. Trying to find an emotion tied to it. "I cannot remember any of the events that transpired that may have influenced and changed my emotions for her, so I cannot feel or recall the emotion itself." Yes, that was the truthful answer. He felt rather sure of it. 

Kaj dips his head idly when she burrows against his chest, finally relaxing his wing almost as an afterthought. He cuddles her close, though he blinks against the glow of her tresses, a familiar if invasive thing. "Should I try and fall back in love with her, if I do not love her right now? Or is that lying to the pair of us?"

Resplendence
IMAGE CREDIT

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
what becomes of curious minds - by Kaj - 01-01-2016, 10:54 PM
RE: what becomes of curious minds - by Kaj - 01-03-2016, 01:48 AM
RE: what becomes of curious minds - by Kaj - 01-03-2016, 03:20 AM