the Rift

[OPEN] Similarities are Strange

Jahzara Posts: 63
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 hands :: 6 Birdsongs
Xyroca

Jahzara

Orange and yellow hues coated the environment as sunlight shone through the beautiful, changing leaves that were affected by Orangefall from above. A cool breeze weaved it's way through the trees, playing with the  girl's hair as she made her way to a small clearing. Stepping into the sunlight, the rays illuminated her golden and snowy coat with the warmth of a blanket.  Her voice could be heard from any soul that may have passed nearby, though she had little worries over anyone showing particular interest in her conversation. Jahzara had grown accustomed to being forgotten about, adjusted to wandering throughout the World's Edge unnoticed. She wasn't sure if it was because of her shyness, because of her hallucinations, or even because of her child-like demeanor. For all she knew, it was because of the mangled scars that she kept hidden under her forelock.

This didn't mean that she was alone, however. Jahzara was rarely ever alone, always accompanied by an imagined figure in one form or another. The last time she was joined by one of her hallucinations, it had been her very least favorite...Charles. The golden girl preferred not to linger on thoughts of him, superstitious of the law of attraction in that if she thought of the smokey brute often, he would appear as though she had called to him. Having finally been freed from his mental grasp, Jahzara managed to escape the mental black out she had been in for who knows how long. Because of that, she had unknowingly missed an important meeting announcing the changes of leadership. This change alone affected her fragile sanity, her depression threatening to send her tumbling back down into the black abyss once again. So, she tried to focus on her favorite hallucination. Her best friend, Lily.

"I messed up, Lily...I don't even know what happened...I didn't even know there was a meeting or how long I was out or whose who anymore...Everything keeps changing. I can't even keep up anymore!" Jahzara was venting to the small purple pony that barely came up to her knees, a full fuzzy mane of deep purple nearly blocking her gaze as she peered up at her creator. 'Aww, don't worry Jay...I don't think it will be that bad! Yeah, there's changes. But you've pulled through worse! Just...get involved more." The finely dished crown of the Arabian cross drooped, the feeling of uncertainty washing over her at Lily's advice. This resulted in a comforting nose bump from the figment of her imagination, who was trying to lift her muzzle back to the skies.

"Chin up, girl. You always got me, 'member?" With those words, a small smile graced Jahzara's features. "You're right, and I'm thankful for that. I love you, Lily."  'I love you too, Jay. Don't worry, I gotcha back."

"Talk"
'Lily - Hallucination'

@Tilney
Force permitted against Jahzara, but please to not maim or kill her!
Please tag only in first posts!

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
Tilney
and oh, there is more to this life

The changed leaves surrounding them excited Tilney; Each season came new challenges and new beauty. Frostfall was approaching and while he would miss the birds happy chirp as they hid in their winter beds, the idea of snow wrenched at his wanderlusting heart like a disease. Resfeber.
"The leaves... they're the same colour as us now!" was Carlisles chirp. Quickly turning his cranium to face his sister, startled slightly. She had done what she always did... Just popped out of no where. "Golly, you would make a fabulous sneak" Spoke Tilney, his marble hooves taking to the damp dewy moss and letting his neck fall over his sisters. Their embrace while short sent in incredible amount of warmth around his cold body. Orangemoons ocean mist had been biting his neck all day, and he was ever thankful for his green cloak.

"Walk with me, Brother" Was Carlisle's next whisper, her own set of marble clefts taking to the cliffs edge. Following his younger comrade along the white cliffs, their chatter never ceased. He told her of the places he had been since their last meeting, the people he had met.  It was only that the voice of another began to steal his audits attention that their banter concluded. 

Tilneys verdant gaze took him to a golden doe, her colouring not so different from his. Her hide was lighter, her tresses much the same. This fae he did not recognise; There was still so many new faces in his new home. "Good evening!" He called to the stranger, though really no one was a stranger to Tilney. 

Strides took him past one or two towering trees and carried him to the flaxen fae. As he stepped, he noticed the other spoke to the air...
This however did not through him off.
 "I am Tilney, I don't believe we've met! I'm relatively new to the Edge." was his greeting, then turning to look to his sister "This is my sister Carlisle".
"How do you do!" the painted fae dipped her flower-tipped crown, tucked neatly at Tilneys side.

image credits

@Jahzara

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Jahzara Posts: 63
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 hands :: 6 Birdsongs
Xyroca

Jahzara

An unfamiliar voice startled the golden girl's concentration, even surprising Lily as they both jerked their heads around to spot the antlered stallion approaching them. Jahzara cast a quick glance down to the imaginary pony at her side, hoping that maybe her friend would recognize the stallion but was only met with a confused shrug. The stallion was much larger than Jahzara's petite frame, his antlers creating the illusion that he was even taller than he actually was. 'Say hi, Jay...The dude seems chipper enough. I don't sense anything bad about him.' The purple pony reassured her friend, bumping her foreleg to encourage her to step forward. "Sorry, I didn't hear you approach...Good evening, sir."

As the stud introduced himself, both Jahzara and Lily glanced to the side where he introduced the air as his sister. Even Lily's jaw went slack, her ears pinning for a moment as she wondered if the stallion was mocking her golden friend. 'Oye! Whatchu think you gettin' at mister?!' The purple pony stormed up to Tilney, her nose shoved high into the air as she sized him up. 'I can take you, y'know!' A snort from the golden mare silenced the pony as Jahzara studied the stallion's expression, there didn't seem to be an ounce of malice in his intentions. "It's okay, Lily...I think he's nice..." The Arabian cross whispered quietly to the little pony as she stepped closer cautiously.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Tilney and Carlisle. My name is Jahzara." Jahzara was mindful to dip her dished muzzle to both the antlered stallion and the blank space that he had motioned to only moments before. A smile of good intentions was offered to both of them before she dipped her muzzle towards the little purple hallucination that she had come to know and love. "I'd like to introduce my friend, Lily. I know you can't see or hear her, but I can and she always insists on being introduced." While the golden girl was being optimistic, Lily was still skeptical as she snorted at the stallion before finally giving a short 'hey' while nodding.

"Talk"
'Lily - Hallucination'

@Tilney
Force permitted against Jahzara, but please to not maim or kill her!
Please tag only in first posts!

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
Tilney
and oh, there is more to this life

The gold doe seemed slightly distracted by the invisible character beside her, whispering quietly to the air. "It's okay, Lily...I think he's nice..." was all that Tilney had caught of her odd conversation, but it did send a slight worry over him. He hoped he didn't appear rude or frightening; that would never be his intention and he quietly hoped that this mare knew that. Tilney was a moral stallion, always trying his best to remain as righteous as possible. While righteousness came before his religion, his heart remained warm and unbroken - perhaps that was why he was so prepared to walk up to strangers and immediately accept them as a friend.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Tilney and Carlisle. My name is Jahzara." She had said, and that easily set a smile on his ash stained maw. "Jahzara, a beautiful name!" The bronze brute cheered. Next he was introduced to the flaxen faes invisible friend. Strange how she aknowledged the fact he could not see her; it made it all the more mysterious. Perhaps Jahzara's hallucination was not a hallucination at all. Could the friend following her - Lily she had called her - just be some sort of ghostly being, only choosing to show herself to whom she wanted? Tilneys gaze flicked to the air where she had gestured and again smiled warmly. "How do you do, m'lady" Tilney spoke softly to the ghost, Carlisle following with her won greeting to the spectre.  

Tilney had heard many a story about ghosts and none of them good. This one though seemed friendly enough though. "My sister and I were just going for a walk, we'd like to find a nice place to view the sunset. Would you ladies care to join us?" Tilney bellowed to his new golden friend, his bronze body turning ever so slightly to face the cliffside. 
image credits

@Jahzara

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎