the Rift

[OPEN] When the mama's rock us to sleep

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
HEART SICK_AND EYES FILLED UP WITH BLUE

In her playful haste (she had considered challenging Tae to a race) Ampere realized how itchy she was feeling as the water was drying on her skin already. Although she'd shaken it off, some still dripped down her belly and her legs. Pausing for a moment on their new quest to acquire cactus fruit, Ampere let her nose bump against the ground as she searched and searched in circles. Finally she seemed to find what she was looking for and dropped first to her knees, then to her side, and began some vigorous rolling on either side.

Laying in the sand comfortably, she heard Tae's call and subsequent question. She considered just flopping back onto the ground and laying there for a few good hours, it was certainly preferable to answering that (to be honest it was preferable than most things to Ampere). Snorting out some sand clinging to her nose, Ampere resigned herself to lay on her sternum and regard her clever girl with a heavy blue stare.

"No," she murmured, forcing a smile, I think he's mad at me. "The gods share their wisdom in messages to be deciphered and articulated, but their anger and their punishment is direct and obvious. If a god were mad at you little ghost, you would surely not need to question it." That was the truth.

Grunting as she lifted herself back upright and gave herself another shake, Ampere turned more towards Tae, her nose reaching out affectionately for her. "Magic works in mysterious ways... I might seem a disciple of the Time God, but it's the Sun I serve and respect, I've barely seen the Spark in passing. Our coat colors and markings seem to be just as unpredictable." She stretched out her wings and glanced at them as if to be sure. "We carry certain things of our parents, and our gods, but all the little bits and pieces make something different, make us, well us. You see, you have those spots on your wings like me, and you move spirits like I do lightning. You've got your father's striping on your legs, and his brown too!"

She smiled comfortingly, but even if her words offered reassurance them both, Tae and Grusha certainly behaved more like children of the Moon than the Sun. It had only been a few days between her and Mesec after Gaucho... was it possible they carried a darkness in them from that? Was he their father after all? Mesec was a bright light in the night compared to his mother, but she knew his was a constant struggle to fight his lineage, something maybe fresh foals couldn't grasp yet. The colors could easily be from her mother's side... but no, those stripes were Gaucho's, at the very least.

A M P E R E

plaguedog.deviantart.com

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
When the mama's rock us to sleep - by Tae - 01-02-2016, 07:55 PM
RE: When the mama's rock us to sleep - by Ampere - 01-04-2016, 11:21 PM
RE: When the mama's rock us to sleep - by Tae - 01-04-2016, 11:56 PM
RE: When the mama's rock us to sleep - by Ampere - 01-10-2016, 10:44 PM
RE: When the mama's rock us to sleep - by Tae - 01-31-2016, 11:53 AM
RE: When the mama's rock us to sleep - by Ampere - 02-03-2016, 01:36 AM
RE: When the mama's rock us to sleep - by Tae - 02-03-2016, 03:11 PM
RE: When the mama's rock us to sleep - by Ampere - 02-07-2016, 02:18 AM
RE: When the mama's rock us to sleep - by Tae - 02-21-2016, 01:43 PM
RE: When the mama's rock us to sleep - by Ampere - 02-28-2016, 12:37 AM
RE: When the mama's rock us to sleep - by Tae - 02-28-2016, 02:28 PM