the Rift

[OPEN] When the mama's rock us to sleep

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
HEART SICK_AND EYES FILLED UP WITH BLUE

Ampere's smile fell away with a shaky laugh as Tae's quip plunged like a cold blade into her conscious. Yes, like when I'm mad at you, she could have said, and it would have been truthful, but that was the problem. Was that all she had built their relationship on, obvious anger? There was this moment of course, and others... but she certainly had more memories of yelling at the girls than not, and the distance she felt between them was aided by her as much as them. She'd tried to keep them at wing's length, afraid, furious, repulsed even at times. Shame washed over her.

Her moment of self pity was distracted by the sterling dragon that wafted into existence. At the sight of it Ampere smiled weakly, proud of her attentive, intelligent daughter. Gradually sparks buzzed into life around them, born of the decayed life that had fallen into ruin among the sands. The blue fragments of electrical energy drifted together, melding into a dragon as well. Ampere sent her creation towards her daughter's, letting the lightning lizard dance with his ghost. She laughed.

As the humor fell away, the slow expression of Tae pulled on Ampere instead. Her attention lifted from their designs, settling instead on the pale gaze of Tae, one that seemed so reluctant. She had never seen the twins have any trace of doubt, so that Tae revealed something akin to it now immediately grabbed Ampere, and she focused on it, terrified that it seemed to stem from her. "Of course you are you," Ampere murmured as she moved forward, quickly trying to close the gap, physical or otherwise between herself and her child. Her wings extended forward to wrap her in a hug, her neck curling to pull the skull-marked head into her breast. "And I will always love you for that, for you, my little ghost."

"You already make me proud," she whispered, keeping the moment close and quiet and reverent. "You are so brave, and clever, too clever sometimes! You're talented, and you're a good sister." She leaned back so that she could better look at her girl, smiling broadly, if not a touch sadly. "I just want to make sure you continue to grow up big and strong (and alive), and that you know the way the world works. I do not mean to be angry at you little one, I just mean to teach you right and wrong - sometimes it is not always so easy to know."

A M P E R E

plaguedog.deviantart.com

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
When the mama's rock us to sleep - by Tae - 01-02-2016, 07:55 PM
RE: When the mama's rock us to sleep - by Ampere - 01-04-2016, 11:21 PM
RE: When the mama's rock us to sleep - by Tae - 01-04-2016, 11:56 PM
RE: When the mama's rock us to sleep - by Ampere - 01-10-2016, 10:44 PM
RE: When the mama's rock us to sleep - by Tae - 01-31-2016, 11:53 AM
RE: When the mama's rock us to sleep - by Ampere - 02-03-2016, 01:36 AM
RE: When the mama's rock us to sleep - by Tae - 02-03-2016, 03:11 PM
RE: When the mama's rock us to sleep - by Ampere - 02-07-2016, 02:18 AM
RE: When the mama's rock us to sleep - by Tae - 02-21-2016, 01:43 PM
RE: When the mama's rock us to sleep - by Ampere - 02-28-2016, 12:37 AM
RE: When the mama's rock us to sleep - by Tae - 02-28-2016, 02:28 PM