the Rift

A Moth Drawn To The Flame [Open]

Rohan Posts: 132
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.0 :: 8 years HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Éomer :: White-tailed Eagle :: Scream Reli
“I might be light on my feet, but I can tap dance my way into your heart.”

Rohan chuckles at the stallion’s spirit, the sound perhaps a little more on edge than normal, but still broad and rumbling all the same. Normally, he would probably throw a flippant comment between them—something about good luck or I’d like to see you try or then you’re going to need a pickaxe, my friend—but he remains strangely silent for now. The Warlander suddenly feels abnormally vulnerable when it comes to the topic of his heart, which makes him throw up his defenses all the higher. Why does he react this way? Well, there are reasons that his is unwilling to divulge, even to himself. The heart is a peculiar and fickle thing, and he’s learned best to quell it, cage it—that’s not about to change now.

(It can’t change—)

The trilling, breathless laughter of the pegasus is enough to pierce through the haze of his thoughts, and for once, Rohan is grateful for the obnoxious distraction. A crooked smile lingers as a whisper over his lips, amused by Quentin’s apparent ‘laugh attack’—truly, the fairy-winged man is, by all mannerisms, a woman.

If only, right?

His skewed smile deepens into a smirk when Quentin is finally able to grasp his voice, his words not failing to entertain the Warlander. As massive as his ego is, he can’t help but puff out in pride—because, in his experience, there has definitely been some swarming from the ladies—and while his preferences don’t swing in the pegasus’ favor, he feels flattered, and that’s an ego booster that he’s not about to dampen. “Fan boy it is, then,” Rohan chuckles more genuinely this time, shaking his large head.

The brightly-colored stallion’s brief moment of discomfort goes unnoticed to the Warlander, dark-rimmed ears tilting forward when Quentin addresses his wings. He is somewhat surprised that Quentin’s family doesn’t sport the same pixie appendages as he does, as they are quite…different—he can’t imagine what his parents would have thought, then! “Well they are certainly…becoming of you. I can imagine you won’t be easily forgotten,” the compliment slips rather woodenly from his lips, but it’s the thought that counts, right? In any case, Rohan is sure that this particular man will be remembered for much more than his unique wings—it’s not every day that you see a giggling, eyelash-batting stallion.

The pegasus bursts forward again, skipping the conversation along. For what it’s worth, the two stallions do have this in common: they are both wary of their past. For this reason Rohan doesn’t answer right away, not wanting to divulge any inner secrets, and then his attentions are soon distracted. A beautiful young mare emerges from the shadowy wood, followed by some sort of wolf (he has seen wolf companions before, but not like this one), with their trail shadowed by another dazzling young mare. “Well hello,” Rohan slips more easily into his usual charisma, his tail flicking comfortably around his flanks.

“A pleasure, Vitani and Faeanne,” he inclines his antlered head to both mares in a show of chivalry, and not forgetting that companions are just as aware as anyone, he gestures to the wolf as well, “and Sarabi. My name is Rohan, a warrior for the Edge.” He is unaware that they might have been listening to earlier parts of their conversation, and leaves the pegasus to introduce himself, not wanting to step on any toes. With green eyes settling on the star-dusted mare, his lips twist into a playful smirk. “I think my friend would be better suited to answer your question,” he gestures to Quentin, the tap-dancing fairy man.

His eyes remain on the other stallion, having had time to acquaint himself with his earlier inquiry. “As for your question,” he pauses to press brown lips into a dry grin, “I’m afraid there is nothing notable to say of myself; I eat, I sleep, I live.” A low chuckle rumbles contentedly from his chest. While Rohan has no problem in praising himself, he steps lightly now, more guarded than ever and not wanting to spur anymore prying questions.

“Speech.”
Lend me your hand and we’ll conquer them all,

but lend me your heart and I’ll just let you fall.

Lend me your eyes I can change what you see,

but your soul you must keep,

t o t a l l y   f r e e.
@Quentin @Vitani @Faeanne | image credits
[Image: 57c5195f31f1b_by_relibelli-db9li1z.png]
please tag Rohan in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Messages In This Thread
A Moth Drawn To The Flame [Open] - by Quentin - 01-03-2016, 09:24 PM
RE: A Moth Drawn To The Flame [Open] - by Rohan - 01-04-2016, 06:08 PM
RE: A Moth Drawn To The Flame [Open] - by Quentin - 01-04-2016, 08:56 PM
RE: A Moth Drawn To The Flame [Open] - by Rohan - 01-05-2016, 03:18 AM
RE: A Moth Drawn To The Flame [Open] - by Quentin - 01-05-2016, 03:47 AM
RE: A Moth Drawn To The Flame [Open] - by Vitani - 01-05-2016, 04:40 AM
RE: A Moth Drawn To The Flame [Open] - by Faeanne - 01-05-2016, 09:33 AM
RE: A Moth Drawn To The Flame [Open] - by Rohan - 01-05-2016, 07:54 PM
RE: A Moth Drawn To The Flame [Open] - by Quentin - 01-05-2016, 10:29 PM
RE: A Moth Drawn To The Flame [Open] - by Vitani - 01-06-2016, 11:11 PM
RE: A Moth Drawn To The Flame [Open] - by Faeanne - 01-08-2016, 05:19 PM