the Rift

A Moth Drawn To The Flame [Open]

Faeanne Posts: 61
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
TierRen

Faeanne

"My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations."- John Green

"Well hello, a pleasure, Vitani and Faeanne. And Sarabi. My name is Rohan, a warrior for the Edge." The kindness that the stallion shows in acknowledging Vitani's hellhound, Sarabi, makes me run my eyes over him once more. "I think my friend would be better suited to answer your question." His appearance certainly has not changed but suddenly thanks to thoughtfulness and a smirk I can see why Quentin might be attracted to Rohan. “As for your question. I’m afraid there is nothing notable to say of myself; I eat, I sleep, I live.”

"There is more to life than that, Rohan." I regret my statement the moment it falls from my lips. My eyes flicker to the ground as if to watch my words fall and shatter there.

“Just dancing with a little flare, my dear. I'd be DELIGHTED to show you, but the grass is to thick.” I watch his jig and wonder why the grass being thick prevents him from doing the tap dancing. I feel disappointment at missing out on seeing a dance that few Helovians have heard of before. I want to one day be wise. One day I want to be someone that others come to for advice or stories and I feel as though I missed a chance at learning something new for whenever that day comes.

"Indeed I do. If I had those male bits, and he had female bits, I know I would. But then again, maybe if he was female it would be me he would flirt with instead."

Eyes widen as I realize my words were heard by more sets of ears than those that I had meant them for. My mouth goes dry in embarrassment. It was Quentin who had heard and it was his reaction that let me know I may have spoken too loudly. I wince as he makes his displeasure clear and I stay rooted to where I stand as he and Vitani step towards one another.

“A pleasure to meet you, dear. I'm Quentin. What lovely hair you have. Absolutely stunning you are, dahling." It is strange that I feel a sting of jealousy whenever he touches her mane. I do not wish to welcome someone far enough into my world to receive similar treatment but I still cannot help but want to be complemented also. I put a lot of work into my appearance after all.

"Well thank you Quentin. Tell me, that tap dancing you were doing before. Do you think you could teach me?" I want to ask the same. I still want to know more about the dance and learning to do it myself would add so much to my words if I were to ever tell anyone else about the dance but I cannot bring myself to speak to the fairy like stallion.

"Well how would you answer that question, Rohan? Would you be interested if I had lady bits? I mean, I can't blame you if you would! You might be a hunk of delicious, but I am pretty. You do have to admit that!"

"Quentin." His name comes slowly to my lips. Shame tries to convince me that I do not have the right to speak to him. Pride teams up with my shame to try to convince me that a quickly uttered apology and a hasty retreat back to the warmth of solitude would be best. But I myself told the other stallion that there is more to life than eating, sleeping, and living; I have to heed my own words and I have got to break past the barriers I have crafted around myself. "You are lovely and unique, but it is in a wonderful way." I stir awkwardly. I am the only one to have brought seriousness to this otherwise lighthearted meeting. "Despite my ill worded thoughts I hope that we can be friends." I have not had many of those.

“What brings you lovely ladies here? Seeking beefcakes of your own?” An awkward laugh hastily tumbles from my lips. I have never heard the term 'beefcake' before nor could I tell what I beefcake is but from the stallion's tone and what I do know about him I can assume what he means. "No. I am not here for a-- beefcake, of my own." Realizing that I am still being rather stand offish I smile and try to joke around but I can think of nothing to say. Instead I only smile awkwardly.

"No not hardly. More like out for a morning stroll myself." Vitani acts as though she feels completely comfortable among the strangers she has just met. I watch her with a soft smile on my face. I wish that I were more like her. "Sarabi says she wants to see you wings better. She, nor I have ever seen wings that look like your's do. I pause for a second. You don't have to of course. She's just curious, as am I." I am curious. So why do I not find making conversation to be so simple?

OOC::

@Rohan @Quentin @Vitani
image credits
Table by Nicole (Niki)

please tag Fae in all posts
link to thread tracker

Messages In This Thread
A Moth Drawn To The Flame [Open] - by Quentin - 01-03-2016, 09:24 PM
RE: A Moth Drawn To The Flame [Open] - by Rohan - 01-04-2016, 06:08 PM
RE: A Moth Drawn To The Flame [Open] - by Quentin - 01-04-2016, 08:56 PM
RE: A Moth Drawn To The Flame [Open] - by Rohan - 01-05-2016, 03:18 AM
RE: A Moth Drawn To The Flame [Open] - by Quentin - 01-05-2016, 03:47 AM