the Rift

[OPEN] Sunsets & Sighs

Ivezho Posts: 71
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.0 hh :: 5 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Zhoroakah :: Wedge-tailed Eagle :: None Whit
Ivezho
Ivezho felt a rising sense of awkwardness - perhaps he shouldn't have come and intruded (they didn't seem to want him here), perhaps he should have left Eldala to her own devices (did she really want him, need him?), perhaps he could back away without drawing any more unnecessary notice to himself (he was, after all, only seventeen hands of stallion standing before two petite, beautiful mares)…

Johnny, she said, she was gathering things for Johnny, and Ivezho felt a spear of ice settle into his heart - a cold numbness spread through him, a sense of rejection and hurt. Nothing really important, she assured him, but oh, it was always those little unimportant things that added up to be the really important things, wasn't it? Great gestures of kindness were really just an amalgamation of little gestures all added up, weren't they?

Ivezho's head hurt, and he had barely stood still for a few minutes.

If anyone bothered to look close enough they might have seen the flash of discomfort cross his façade, the errant, passing emotion of doubt and discord, the childish and fleeting desire to run and hide. But it was just that - fleeting, swift, a thought that gave no purchase to action aside from the kind consideration reflected by the twitching of his ears and continuation of the kind smile upon his lips. He had no words to offer her in response, and so allowed the conversation to ebb and flow into its new direction.

The striped mare's words did cause his expression to change - morose, a dash of pity, a shame only a Helovian-born resident would feel against the actions, the harm, their own Gods would deign to do against others.

"I'm sorry, too," he offered, though he knew his words would mean little and less to the mare. "I could never imagine what you've been through. I.. I can only offer my condolences, and my promise to do whatever it takes to help you through.. everything you must be feeling right now." It was a loaded offer, one Ivezho made sincerely - he had kept quiet during the Rift Wars (as he was wont to do), he had stayed out of the way during them, but that didn't make him immune to the results of them. And since he was diving right in on every other aspect of his life, he figured he should dive right into this situation as well. "I'd like to hear about your old home, one day - if you ever feel like talking about it again," he said with a soft of half-smile, though sadness still darkened his gaze as he made the offer.

Eldala spoke of his previous offer (I should stop before I offer up my soul-), and he nodded softly. "It's a bit of a long story - there's no real quick way to tell it," he warned them, "it might be better left for another time," he looked between the mares, before settling upon Zailah with his kind gaze. "Perhaps, when recent hurts have had a chance to scab over?"

veerdesigns | larfsalot
on deviantart

@Zailah
@Eldala

please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
I write what I feel at the time
and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
Sunsets & Sighs - by Zailah - 01-04-2016, 12:50 AM
RE: Sunsets & Sighs - by Eldala - 01-04-2016, 03:02 AM
RE: Sunsets & Sighs - by Zailah - 01-07-2016, 11:25 PM
RE: Sunsets & Sighs - by Eldala - 01-11-2016, 03:06 AM