the Rift

[OPEN] The world might not know

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
Mesec was going to have to shake the idea that his cousin was still a foal, a mindset he easily slipped into despite the fact that she was now taller than him. Her words shocked him but a quick glance at her reminded him she wasn’t the young filly from the Thistle Meadow anymore. He might have laughed but for the bitterness in her voice - thinking it better to keep his laughter and questions about the matter to himself (just why she was so bitter). His silver eyes turned from the sea to look at her, the corner of his mouth tugging into a wry grin. “Maybe. I don’t know about you though, but I’d rather not think about my mother satisfying her decade-long cravings for sex and which of Helovia’s bachelors she’ll choose from.” He meant it as a joke, hoping to get a smile if not a laugh out of his cousin, though he certainly would prefer not to think about it. Besides, if it was only about sex then why weren’t there more demigods? Why stop at one each? “So I’m going to hope that it’s not just that.” Perhaps it was also because sex remained a mystery to him, it was hard to consider it such a powerful driving force.

He kept his calm silver eyes on her as she talked through the problem of their existence. It certainly didn’t sound like there was any reason for them when she put it like that. Now that their parents were all around and active again, there really didn’t seem to be any use for the demigods.

But he’d try to answer her questions as honestly as he could, despite his own confusion over the matter. “It’s always been about balance, that’s the word my mother always loves to use.” He didn’t know how many times he had heard her say it, but enough that he knew he used the same accent and inflections on the word that she did. “No, I don’t think we were strong enough then, during the darkness, but we tried to be. Tried to help everyone keep the faith that the gods would return, tried to keep the chaos from breaking out when everyone found out the gods were gone. I’m not going to say we succeeded by any means...”

Mesec didn’t know what their purpose was, even though he had some suspicions. He wasn’t sure anyone knew. “We’re so young and it feels like there's so much expected of us without any guidelines as to what that is. Half god but half mortal too and all still learning. You say we’re not strong enough but I think we could be.” It was nice to think that there was a reason for everything that they actually had a reason for being here. Perhaps they would be stronger as the demigods were now, a different combination than there had been during the darkness. Mesec had faith in his cousins even if he had none in himself.

But another, darker, thought had formed in his mind surrounding this topic and he frowned with it. “Do you think our parents are truly immortal? Or like those creatures from the Rift…”

while the rain water washes away who you are
we'll go over the mountains and under the stars

@Isopia
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
The world might not know - by Isopia - 01-04-2016, 02:08 PM
RE: The world might not know - by Mesec - 01-06-2016, 11:43 PM
RE: The world might not know - by Isopia - 01-10-2016, 01:09 PM
RE: The world might not know - by Mesec - 01-19-2016, 04:21 PM
RE: The world might not know - by Isopia - 01-31-2016, 01:13 PM
RE: The world might not know - by Mesec - 02-07-2016, 07:29 PM