the Rift

[PRIVATE] & we'll be giants, one day.

Tae Posts: 133
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7.0 | def: 10 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 2 HP: 72.5 |
Mal :: Timber Wolf :: Terrorize & Hel :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire Odd

Impassively Tae listened. She wasn't overly empathetic at the best of times, and so to hear a complete stranger describe a harrowing start to life, didn't exactly start the waterworks for her. Her large, pale eyes blinked and her forward tilted ears indicated that she was indeed listening, but the neutral expression on her face clearly showed a lack of sadness from one girl to another. It wasn't that Tae was cruel, just that the reach of her concern for others did not extend past those immediately related to her. At least, not yet.

"I see." She offered, softly, chewing her lip slightly.

Tae bristled slightly during the pause (or at least, it felt very like a long pause to Tae) between the end of her words, and the beginning of Själ's. Tae wasn't afraid to fight - and in her mind, Mal silently growled and hungrily thought of the cat-bird, suggesting that he could probably eat it, so long as it didn't fly away.

"No I wasn't born yet ..." Her voice trailed off, pale eyes narrowing as her slender shoulders shrugged. "Family rivalries? Those typically extend past those directly involved, don't they? So if you were to blame my Father, you might as well blame me. We were equally not-responsible. He, because he was under the control of a Goddess, and I, because I didn't even exist."

why do you keep fading?

... that wasn't what Tae had expected her to ask. Confusedly, Tae's nose tilted to the side slightly as her mind wondered if this wasn't some sort of ... trap?

"Magic, of course." She replied slowly, as her answer was quite obvious. "I can create spirits. I think it is so deep inside of my bones that sometimes I turn into one." Tae concluded, almost warily. Though, given that (at least she thought) her magic was fairly impressive, she didn't mind having an excuse to mention it.

@Sjal

tae
i'm a cold day in august, i'm a stream too shallow
i'm a heart shaped box with no letter inside
Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
& we'll be giants, one day. - by Tae - 01-04-2016, 09:45 PM
RE: & we'll be giants, one day. - by Själ - 01-05-2016, 12:39 AM
RE: & we'll be giants, one day. - by Tae - 01-05-2016, 12:59 PM
RE: & we'll be giants, one day. - by Själ - 01-06-2016, 12:18 AM
RE: & we'll be giants, one day. - by Tae - 02-04-2016, 10:42 AM
RE: & we'll be giants, one day. - by Själ - 02-06-2016, 11:05 PM