the Rift

[OPEN] Why Does It Always Happen To Me

Hera Posts: 50
Outcast
Filly :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 3 Months
nickel
THE SUN DOES NOT ABANDON THE MOON TO DARKNESS

Fiddling with the charm presented before her she was careful not to stab herself with the sharp points like she had many times before. Having once been her mothers the charm was very precious to the girl now that her mother was no longer with her. What had mother called it again? A heirloom? When she had first heard the word she had thought about how much it sounded like a mushroom type of thing but mother had explained that one to her. It was not a mushroom but rather a heirloom that was a tresure that was passed down through the family. She wasn't sure if someone had had it before mother but she didn't really care for the fine details, all she knew was that it was hers.

Dozing off into a very light sleep with the crackling fire at her back the filly woke a short time later to a soft voice before her. Really she was too tired to react much to the mare who lay there staring at her but she did lift her head cautiously to regard her curiously. To start off she was much bigger than she was, but then again most people were bigger than she was. Her coat was painted just like hers only with different colours and she had wings just like Elsa did. Could she trust her? Her words seemed kind and her face did to but was that enough?

“Where’s your mom?” The question felt like a kick in her gut as yet again the question ripped up all the memories she had swept aside in order to manage a little sleep. While she didn't want Temby to be right about her mother never coming back to her, her gut told her that it was true. Somehow that piece of her that had felt so close had shattered into pieces leaving her with the memories of what had been. She really didn't know why mother would never come back to her but she guessed that it was something bad to keep her away forever. "I don't know..." She said after a couple minutes finally deciding she could trust the mare. "She never came back."

Tears filled the girl's eyes despite her attempts to hold them back. Elsa had told her that she needed to be brave but how could she be brave when it hurt so much? She didn't know how to live without her mother by her side, hell she didn't even know how to find food. Her knees hurt but the rest of her body just felt like it was in a state of numbness. "She isn't coming back...Temby said so." She added sadly trying to hide her face and her tears. She wasn't sure that the painted mare would know who Temby was but she couldn't pronounce his actual name so it would have to do. 

WORDS: ### || TAGGED: @Alysanne
Notes go here!

[Image: hera_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4d_by_moonstone_...9ggy0h.png]
Please Tag Me In All Threads

Messages In This Thread
Why Does It Always Happen To Me - by Hera - 01-05-2016, 11:06 PM
RE: Why Does It Always Happen To Me - by Alysanne - 01-07-2016, 12:03 AM
RE: Why Does It Always Happen To Me - by Hera - 01-07-2016, 10:33 PM
RE: Why Does It Always Happen To Me - by Alysanne - 01-12-2016, 10:01 PM
RE: Why Does It Always Happen To Me - by Hera - 01-26-2016, 09:46 PM
RE: Why Does It Always Happen To Me - by Alysanne - 02-07-2016, 12:49 AM
RE: Why Does It Always Happen To Me - by Hera - 02-10-2016, 11:22 PM