the Rift

[OPEN] after the night, when i wake up

Chernobyl Posts: 134
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: Nine | Tallsun HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Psilo
[Image: 53b89df1e40f7]

CHERNOBYL

For weeks now she has been pretty much camping out in and around the Heart Caves. Studying the visual puzzles vigorously. Hieroglyphs, her mind kept repeating the word as her black eyes blink idly and her mouth grabs at the fading grasses. Even as she nourishes herself she cannot pry her mind away from the engravings that glow inside those mysterious caves. The pictures that someone left for them to find – someone who was alive centuries ago, perhaps it was even the Gods..or their friends, or their enemies. Who knows...because they cannot decipher them completely. Here and there she has found some who know what they are and few have even decoded the God's symbols. How much further will it go? What will they discover?

Dusk dies away and the forest surrounding the cave's opening has become dark. The only light beams from beyond the hills, a bright crescent moon is on the rise tonight; to float among a cloudless star filled sky. She is grazing still, but finds her mouth dry now. Water seems to be a delightful idea. And so she moves off with no hesitation, taking a small barely used north-western path that will take her to a piece of the big two-headed river that runs through Helovia from the seas.

It's not far, and she isn't winded when she reaches the eroded edge of the rushing river. It looks dangerous in some, most,  spots and the wise mare knows well enough to  find a stable piece of pebbly shore to stand on, a flowing pocket of calm waters swirling in front of it. She bends to drink, peacefully as normal, the only sound is trickling water and her gulping down sweet hydration. Suddenly something bright and blue, sparkling and tinkling like bells, it comes flying from the waters in front of her nose and shoots away as fast as a shooting star. She jumps nearly nine feet in the air (exaggeration), stumbling backward  and falling onto her ass. Her big black eyes, usually swarming with contempt and fiery annoyance, are lit with fear and confusion. She breathes heavily, almost gasping like, as she rises to her feet. She can find nothing as she looks around and by now the moonlight is vibrant and flows along with the river like a stream of light cutting through the trees.

Something is stirring under the waters surface again and Chernobyl resists the inclination to simply run and leave the weirdness far behind. Two more, orange like a burning sun, come popping out shooting off until their light and their gentle tinkling sound is drowned by the tumbling river's whispers. “What...in...the..?” She steps closer, but not too close, not quite enough to peer over the edge. If anyone stumbles across her now she'll be looking very odd...reluctantly peering over the edge of a river bank, mouth agape and eyes wide..

What the..?

Summary: Chernobyl sees glowing (faeries) popping out of the river when she goes to take a drink in the middle of the night. She's scared as shit which never happens. So. Nows your time c;

She's by the river, NW, not by the caves.

It's slightly breezy, chilly autumn night with a bright waxing crescent moon.

__

if i had a heart i could love you,
if i had a voice i would sing.

open to anyone.
i was feeling faerie-ish

also, if this is not really allow or it's too much or something...
just pretend she's losing her mind i suppose xD

crushed and filled with all I found
underneath and inside, just to come around
more, give me more, give me more

pixel is by RELI<3

• Feel free to magic on her, but no murder.

December Posts: 144
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 6 (Frostfall) HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Carl :: Ccara Llama :: None Watermel0nBob

DECEMBER
& this is Carl

Walking
Talking.

She hadn't been back for too long, in fact it had only been a day, but instead of going straight to the Falls in search of her beloved, she decided she would take a detour for now. Whether it be because she was not yet ready to return home just yet, or she was too afraid of what she would find when she did she wasn't sure, but all she knew was that her and her llama companion were going to take a rest for awhile in the caves, before finally hurrying home. The chilly breeze was welcoming upon her ivory and ash hide, for the cold was something she always adored. Her eyes fluttered close to embrace the brisk autumn scent, before she continued onward with her trek. The pale llama was silent beside her, attentive in movements ahead and never once letting his coat separate from hers. Ever since they had departed from the realms of Helovia almost a year ago, he had grown more protective of his Shire mare. Though their relationship had become rocky, he now had a newfound love for the brutish woman, as she had always had a fondness for him. A soft smile came to her maw at his tenderness, and once he felt the love radiating from her he snorted, flattening his mulish ears and snorting briefly, Getting carried away...

It was her turn for her ears to flatten, causing her to snort and give him a warning glare, before a noise in the distance caught her attention. Turning her massive crown towards it she stopped, listening closely, before finally moving her bulk towards that direction. She broke through the trees just Northwest of the Heart Caves, to come across a scene she thought she would never see. Surrounding the river were the glowing bodies of fairies, fluttering to and fro around another mare, who seemed to be utterly bewildered by the scene before her. Carl snorted, not at all pleased with company, and thus turned around and began to walk away; expecting his large familiar to follow. When instead she stepped closer and away from him he stopped, glared with chocolate eyes before finally giving in and trailing behind her. Coming to a halt before the damsel December was silent, studying her closely and waiting for her to be noticed.

When she assumed she had been she dipped her head, ears pricked towards the creatures direction and musing in her gruff tone," They're called fairies. I still have yet to find out what use they have in this world, but they like to flock." Flicking her ears towards them again, one of them decided to zip right past her nose, causing dust to drift into her nostrils and to summon up a sneeze. She tossed her head, flattening her ears at the creature, before walking past the black beauty and to the stream, where she began to have herself a drink.

OOC: I apologize for the crappiness, it will get better!!!

Image Credits

@Chernobyl

PLEASE TAG ME IN ALL POSTS!

Force is permitted aside from death or maiming

Psilo

CHERNOBYL

When the voice slithers in from behind she jumps a bit and whirls to meet her dark eyes with the mare and her...creature. “Is that so?” Her cool voice meets the chilly air with familiarity, she's just as cold as the impending Frostfall. With frozen skin and a still mind, a sharp tongue and a calculating deafness to her movements – like a tumbling flake of snow finding it's way to the ground. She's all black save for an odd marking beneath her left eye, a line with a few white speckles. A scar perhaps, but she would never share such a detail about herself so we may never really know.

My name is Chernobyl.” She has a voice of gritty granite. It is not feminine nor masculine, but neutral and thick. She looks on now, onto the waters and then to the heavily(?) pregnant drafty mare. “And thank you for the information, stranger.” She says she very quietly, as if not sure why she would be saying such a thing. She nods, but the girl wouldn't see for she is mouth deep in the rippling waters now. The black unicorn joins her peacefully and dips her muzzle into the rustling liquid, sucking in fat gulps of the cold liquid and blinking sedately. After they were finished, or at least after Bull fulfills her hydration quota, she speaks again. “And what brings you here tonight?” She doesn't look to the stranger but instead through the gaps in the trees to a bright, partly hidden moon. Chernobyl has already shared more and said more than she usually ever does to anyone. Typically she is the one that moves off without a word in response when someone finds her and ruins her solitude, leaving only her scar rudeness upon someone's feelings and a few footprints to prove she even exists in this world.

Tonight the moon seems to sparkle the same twinge of light that sprinkled after the faeries when they were flying around just a second or two ago. Was it her mind, or were the two connected in some way? She shakes her head and flits her black eyes all over the sky while she waits for the stranger to respond. And for whatever reason, Bull is completely unaffected by the llama. As if she's seen a million before or as if it's merely a ghost.

- - - - - -

@December

pixel is by RELI<3

December Posts: 144
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 6 (Frostfall) HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Carl :: Ccara Llama :: None Watermel0nBob

DECEMBER
& this is Carl

She could see the similarities almost instantly between herself and this dark mare. The stoic expressions and even voices, and even the way they stood seemed to hold a familiar appearance. She couldn't help but find this oddly fascinating, but she was only silent as she had quenched her thirst, finally thanking the woman who thanked her and introduced herself as Cheronobyl. She dipped her head politely, acknowledging her introduction, and finally returning with her own," I am December. Formerly of the Hidden Falls." Her eyes looked up into the dark sky, admiring the moonlight before another question left the darker one's lips. She turned her head casually to her, letting the inquiry sink in for a moment, before finally looking to the river slowly.

She didn't know why she was here. Why had she decided to wait here another night, to stand by, when she had an agenda to attend to effective immediately. Her mind flashed to the man she had grown so fond of. The man she suppose she could call her lover at this point, though they hadn't seen each other since their professions that day in the Steppe. Was she still uncertain of finally facing him again? Was it logical of her to simply assume that he would deny her now that she had left him without a word? That wasn't the Miykael way, and yet deep down she feared that her return to her former home would only lead to rejection from him. The first man she had fallen for. She didn't think she could answer Cheronobyl's question, because it only led to more in her mind. It caused her heart to ache for the winged man and what they shared, and it made her worry that because of her foolish decision to leave that it would now be worthless.

Sighing briefly, she shook the negative thoughts and anxieties from her mind, looking back at the unicorn calmly before finally answering,"I was simply resting here before finally returning home." If that's what she could call it. Everyone she had known there was now gone, it was merely a chunk of land she had slept in. If all else failed with Miykael, could she really continue to live there even with him still about? She didn't think so, but a stubborn part of her also pondered if she would live there out of spite of him, claiming the home that was hers before his. So conflicted in her mind about what to were become of the impending meeting with him, she decided she needed to distract herself and simply forget about him and their situation until she finally had to face it. With dark eyes searching the mare slowly, she blinked them before asking calmly,"Did you come here to admire the Fairies? Or was it an accidental discovery?"

Image Credits

@Chernobyl

PLEASE TAG ME IN ALL POSTS!

Force is permitted aside from death or maiming

Psilo

CHERNOBYL

She drinks the tranquil silent of her new found acquaintance – even her ball-eyed, donkey eared companion seems quiet in it's movements. The black mare can feel the cold fluid coil in her gut; gurgling and settling amongst the fodder also rolling around in there. Before the wind picks back up it is the only sound for a few moments. Chernobyl prefers this woman immediately, the silent, the contemplative pauses, it was downright delightful. Much better than any company she's been around in the last year. Murdock briefly flashes across her mind and she feels her heart sink to her toes, break on the frozen ground and melt away. It does that a lot. Metaphorically, of course.

She lets her eyes follow the same path as her pale accomplice and fixes on the flickering stars. The grinning moon licks everything in her silver light. The river's tumbling water's sparkle while they sing their tinkling chime over the rounded stones. By the time the woman answer's she almost forgets what she had asked moments prior. She doesn't turn to look at her, but instead bends only an ear and keeps her dark starry eyes on sky. The slight breeze sweeps her thick forelock to the left side of her face, covering her eye and the peculiar white marking on her upper cheek. 'Home', the word resonated in her brain and she matched the woman's sigh and nodded, acknowledging her comprehension of exactly what December means by her cryptic answer.

I came for some fresh air – I've been holed up in the caves for days and I was getting really comfortable there.” She half smiles with a sarcastic start to a laugh, a laugh left unfinished. “The faeries found me, for whatever reason, and you too, I suppose.” She finally draws her eyes to level with the other mare's for a moment, “Certainly not planned on my part.” And then her gaze drifts back to the sky. All the makes a sound is their breathing, their digestion, perhaps a snort or whicker or tail flick, but otherwise they remain looking toward the atmosphere's littleness sky.

- - - - - -

so.
tired.
i shamelessly didn't re-read for errors and other stupidness...
so forgive me <3 if i have time in the AM i will do it then -passes out-

BTW I LOVE HER. they're a perfect match.
(match for what, idk, but they match lol)

@December

pixel is by RELI<3